• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fucking A,I waited close to 25 minutes and the game never reported :\

GG Demon,reason I was able to get so many ints from you is cause you were running back with your QB and throwing into zone coverage.

Dont tell me I have to play this game over again >_< I won 59-0 :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I was booted back to the main menu almost 25 mins after that damn reporting screen came up and yes I had read what FMT wrote,thats why I was waiting....stupid fucking servers.

Matrix

I read Konex's D tips ;)

Cloudy

Banned
Matrix said:
I was booted back to the main menu almost 25 mins after that damn reporting screen came up and yes I had read what FMT wrote,thats why I was waiting....stupid fucking servers.

Then it will report....unless DJ didn't wait (or maybe that's what caused you to be booted)...

Matrix

I really dont want to play that game over *sigh* To win and to win big with the Texans is rare.

Matrix

Matrix and Sega dont mix well....I bet you it doesnt :(

Where is DJ? how long did he wait?

Sorry Matrix, I turned it off after about 15 minutes of waiting, I didn't know there was a glitch in recording stats. :( I just read Cloudy's post. Can the league admin just give him the win at that score?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
As someone who lost a game with MASSIVE stats.. no, there is nothing you can do about it. You just get the win.

Cloudy

Banned
gg Matrix. I swear I wasn't trying to run up the score. I was practicing passing into your D. Even if you didn't get that last INT, I'd have run outta bounds before the endzone :)

Matrix

GG,I didnt care about that...this is the second game in a row now where you pulled the camera up *zoom out and up* when your on Off and then you snap the ball,I told you last time the D cant do anything when you do that...I cant audible,fix my coverage ..nothing but control one player manually and run around with him...you burned me on one of your td's doing that :( I dont mind losing to you and I would have lost that game anyway,its just that shit can really fuck people over.

If you do that to me in the league game...heads will roll :p

Cloudy

Banned
Are you sure it's me? Cos no one else complains about that playing me. Anyhow I'll wait a bit after my audibles when I play you from now on :)

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Cloudy said:
Are you sure it's me? Cos no one else complains about that playing me. Anyhow I'll wait a bit after my audibles when I play you from now on :)

that happens when I play u Konex... every time i try to do some switching on D, and u pull up a screen it makes my ability to move shit around lock up.... i thought it was just me...

Fifty

Man, that sucks Matrix. I'm sorry :( Stooge and I know very well of that issue, and my condolences go out to you and yours ;)

Matrix

DJ,do you want a rematch now? Since our game didnt go through >_< and it looks like FMT doesnt want to give me the win :\

PS- If I lose I will protest :p

Cloudy

Banned
Ramirez said:
Konex,I thought all the games were recording now? :p

As long as people are patient, they are. Read a few posts up :p

PS: Anyways, I think you guys should just play it over...

Matrix

59-0 ....I want to be spotted 50 points :p

Matrix: Yea, let's play it again. I'll probably lose by just as great a margin, so I wouldn't worry.

I'll be free tonight late around the same time.

Matrix

If you win and that shit happens again after the game...Im logging off so then we start with a clean slate and whoever wins the 3rd game is the winner ;)

HAHA

DJ,when do you want to ball?

edit- ok 9 pm eastern,Ill be online.

Cloudy

Banned
I suggest pulling your starters if it gets out of hand again, Matrix :p

DJ, just don't rush the offense and let the AI call the defensive plays (L after the offense selects a play) a bit and go from there :)

Matrix

I dont think it will be that bad again,but if it is I will pull the starters...no need to risk injuries.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
I suggest pulling your starters if it gets out of hand again, Matrix :p

DJ, just don't rush the offense and let the AI call the defensive plays (L after the offense selects a play) a bit and go from there :)

wtf let the ai pick d plays for him? wtf wtf roofles thats fucked up and cheap

Matrix

Which is why he needs to learn for himself,I have no desire to play the computer....dont listen to Konex DJ...learning from your mistakes and playing people here will get you better than just letting the computer pick your play,which in turn I will hot route or audible and burn you anyway.

Konex is da mean!

edit- :( @ the front page

Matrix

Yea,but if I just adjust to it,he wont get a feel for it anyway :p ...it might just confuse him.

It's easy to say "don't rush the offense" but when you need to keep an eye on 4 eligible receivers while making sure not to get sacked, it's hard to have the courage to let your QB do the automatic backstep and stop and plant his feet and throw.

How do you scramble/evade sacks with the QB? And once you start running can you still throw the ball? If I knew this I may be able to not rush my QB. Also, when there's no one open and everyone's covered what can you do? Just throw the ball away?

Also, Matrix, I'll actually be available earlier, say around 6:30PM if you're free to play then.

Matrix

Yea 6:30 is good.

Konex answer his questions old wise one :p

Cloudy

Banned
but when you need to keep an eye on 4 eligible receivers while making sure not to get sacked,

That's your first mistake. On any pass play, you generally shouldn't have more than 2 "real" options. If one guy is covered, throw to your #2 option. Try to read the d to know which guy will have a better chance at a completion and this will cut down on sacks...

it's hard to have the courage to let your QB do the automatic backstep and stop and plant his feet and throw.

I don't usually do the auto-backstep too but hot-block(click in the right stick and press the button of any WR, TE or RB and they will stay back to block) if you are getting too much pressure and you can stay in the pocket. Dropping back forever just = sacks and INTs...

How do you scramble/evade sacks with the QB? And once you start running can you still throw the ball?

Hold the right trigger and the QB behaves like a running back. You can pass again by releasing R as long as you don't cross the line of scrimmage. You evade by pressing down on the right stick as you're about to be sacked.

Also, when there's no one open and everyone's covered what can you do? Just throw the ball away?

You can also throw the ball away with the black button and do a generic pump-fake (to buy you time) with the white one. If no one is open and you are getting pressure, you can scramble as described in the "QB Cheese update" of the Official Rules :)

Matrix

Konex san has answered the questions well.

Cloudy

Banned
Hey, Matrix. I know you liked the awesome evade and TD pass I did with Plummer yesterday. The one where your safety was holding in the endzone :D

Cloudy said:
That's your first mistake. On any pass play, you generally shouldn't have more than 2 "real" options. If one guy is covered, throw to your #2 option. Try to read the d to know which guy will have a better chance at a completion and this will cut down on sacks...

OK, well then what's the point of 4/5 WR plays? It's easy when you know a lot about football and formations to know that the "A" and "Y" receivers are the ones most likely to be open, but looking at the play diagrams how am I supposed to know this (i.e. what the "real" options are)?

Cloudy said:
I don't usually do the auto-backstep too but hot-block(click in the right stick and press the button of any WR, TE or RB and they will stay back to block) if you are getting too much pressure and you can stay in the pocket. Dropping back forever just = sacks and INTs...

OK thanks, the Hot Block option sounds good. Just to make sure, clicking in the right stick and then pressing A,B,X,Y,L with choose the appropriate player for the block and not throw the football to them?

Cloudy said:
Hold the right trigger and the QB behaves like a running back. You can pass again by releasing R as long as you don't cross the line of scrimmage. You evade by pressing down on the right stick as you're about to be sacked.

You can also throw the ball away with the black button and do a generic pump-fake (to buy you time) with the white one. If no one is open and you are getting pressure, you can scramble as described in the "QB Cheese update" of the Official Rules :)

Again, thanks very much. Now I should be able to survive longer.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
Hey, Matrix. I know you liked the awesome evade and TD pass I did with Plummer yesterday. The one where your safety was holding in the endzone :D

Grrrrrrrr :(

Cloudy

Banned
OK, well then what's the point of 4/5 WR plays? It's easy when you know a lot about football and formations to know that the "A" and "Y" receivers are the ones most likely to be open, but looking at the play diagrams how am I supposed to know this (i.e. what the "real" options are)?

The point of 4/5 WR plays is to keep the defense honest and reduce the pass rush. If you notice, the plays always have one WR's route in red. That's who the play is designed for. Of course you can throw to someone else and get a completion but you know what I mean.

Also, check your WR ratings, Anyone below 60 is garbage so don't pass to them if you can help it. On any play, you wanna know who the best WRs are cos Randy Moss will make many catches that some of your other wideouts can only dream about lol

Just to make sure, clicking in the right stick and then pressing A,B,X,Y,L with choose the appropriate player for the block and not throw the football to them?

Yes. Moving the right stick in different directions and pressing the WRs button changes their route while clicking it in makes them stay back to block. You'll see it if you press the L trigger to look at the routes before you snap the ball :)

Good luck :D

Fifty

DJ Demon J said:

The "real" options are merely your preferred ones. If you say to yourself "I want to go deep this play" you can pick a play with two guys streaking downfield, and perhaps one WR running an out route to the side. You quickly look at the streaking WRs, make your call on whether or nor you want to pass to them, and then look at the other option (the guy running the out route) and if he's not open, and you have no other WRs, you're free to throw it away or just pass into coverage.

Matrix

Now he's going to beat me..thanks biatchs! :(

59-0 never forget!

Matrix

GG DJ and andy douche your ass will be owned by me soon enough.

Cloudy

Banned
I'll look at the stats and post a breakdown for ya, DJ :p

PS: Is Reliant Stadium the best looking one in the game or what? The shadows on the dark green turf look so cool :D

Rodriguez

Damn you, DJ Douche J. WTF is this?

86 yard field goal by Aaron Elling (MIN) is no good

2nd QUARTER 4-38 at MIN 21. Daunte Culpepper (MIN) pass across the middle deflected by Marcus Coleman (HOU)

2nd QUARTER 4-9 at MIN 22. Daunte Culpepper (MIN) pass left side incomplete to Jermaine Wiggins (MIN)

2nd QUARTER 4-2 at MIN 29. Daunte Culpepper (MIN) pass across the middle incomplete to Jeff Dugan (MIN)

You're lucky I don't play you in the league, Matrixdkljfsdlnvckdjfw. But don't think you'll escape a Rodriguez ass-kickin' when we play NHL 2K5.

Thanks Konex. I tried remaining calm, using the evade/scramble, and let the QB get his footing before throwing, and almost every time he got sacked. Then when I rush him, the ball goes either INT or way far out. :(

Rodriguez said:
Damn you, DJ Douche J. WTF is this?

The field goal was accidental. I thought I was on his 39 for some reason, and then when I saw the field position, I tried audible-ing out, but it still performed the kick.

Top Bottom