• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cmdr. Solrak: We MUST get next week's game in that Monday. I leave Tuesday morn for Chicago and come back Friday afternoon. I am off that day, so just let me know when you are ready. Hopefully the week will have advanced by then.

Fifty

CK: When I said "How about 7" I was talking about tuesday at 7. So when we changed it to 8:00, you know we're talking about tuesday, not today, right? :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
CK: When I said "How about 7" I was talking about tuesday at 7. So when we changed it to 8:00, you know we're talking about tuesday, not today, right? :p

:lol! Tomorrow at 7 may or may not be fine, I'll let you know.

just lost to shadow in a really good game. that is how the game SHOULD play. limited amount of bonehead plays, good defense, decent offense here and there and a close game. i had a few more drops than i'd like, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

p.s. i would rather lose like this then win with garbage A.I. (although that flea flicker and non FG block was awfully suspicious AI shadow lol..)

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Maverick is experiencing network problems at his location and can't connect, but he's working on it.

ShadowRed

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
just lost to shadow in a really good game. that is how the game SHOULD play. limited amount of bonehead plays, good defense, decent offense here and there and a close game. i had a few more drops than i'd like, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

p.s. i would rather lose like this then win with garbage A.I. (although that flea flicker and non FG block was awfully suspicious AI shadow lol..)

Hey don't forget the QB sack that didn't happen even though my guy was "inside" your QB.

Mrbob

DJ, I can play again tonight around 10PM Eastern time.

If I don't make it till 10:15-10:30 PM Eastern don't log off like last night. :p With my job I sometimes get home a little late on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Mrbob said:
DJ, I can play again tonight around 10PM Eastern time.

If I don't make it till 10:15-10:30 PM Eastern don't log off like last night. :p With my job I sometimes get home a little late on Mondays and Tuesdays.

OK, I'll be there.

Fifty

CK and I (tried) to play. The game was its usual self, and then suddenly "The ESPN Videogame service is down" popped up. Oh snap. We'll try again tomorrow. I knew we were in trouble when it took 5 minutes to get into the lobby and load all the crap, but we had to give it a shot.

Mrbob

Segas servers are a joke. Leagues went down so my and Djs game got axed. I'm back in the lobby again DJ if you want to try again.

Fifty

hah, I feel your pain bro. How far in were you? The Game of the week with myself and CK got cut short, but at least it wasn't even the second qtr yet, just the end of the first. I wanted to get it out of the way, but Sega won't let me.

Fifty said:
hah, I feel your pain bro. How far in were you? The Game of the week with myself and CK got cut short, but at least it wasn't even the second qtr yet, just the end of the first. I wanted to get it out of the way, but Sega won't let me.

We were at the end of the 1st and I had possession and was about to get first down on my miracle drive from the 16. Score was 0-0.

Fifty

Seems like both games were in the same boat. 3-0 here...I've scored only Field goals in the last 5 QTRs :D This is the Ravens team we know and love. Jamal can sit out forever if need be.

edit: DJ, that can't be true.... :( Let's just assume the servers are fucked tonight, and see if it's back to normal tomorrow. :(

Yea, I hope so. MrBob, how late are you up nights? I'm going out on dates the next two nights so I probably won't be back until 11PM EST or so (or maybe not at all if things go well :D ). I don't want to hold up the league either...stupid Sega; have Take Two use some of that GTA money to buy you new fucking servers.

Mrbob

Cmdr. Solrak said:
Dear Sega,

DJ, the leagues are loading up fast. Log back online.

FIX YOUR SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IAWTP. VC and Sega are the best at making good games unfun.

DJ, the leagues are loading up log back.

quick update on the games guys:

giants vs. ravens - read post above

vikings vs. bears - tried to play, leagues went down in the middle, they'll get it done tonight

patriots vs. chiefs - mav can't sign onto XBL for some reason. i'm going to forefit it tonight unless i hear differently from mav or someone that the game will be completed

stooge vs. bog - if stooge doesn't respond im going to forefit it, just saw that bog actually did post in this thread trying to contact him

so, let me reiterate to you: if these games are not done tonight (with the exception of the first 2 games, which i know for a fact are getting done soon if not tonight) they are going to be forefits. it sucks i know, but this week should have been done already. i know there are factors out of peoples control (leagues going down), but not even posting in this thread is within your control. so, you're right, the forefit stick is comin boyeeeeee!

Fifty

It's not that we can't wait...It's that I didn't want to play again that evening unless I had to after being given the boot by their servers. I can wait, but I'm not as forgiving as you are (Who is?) when it comes to their flaws.

hgplayer1

FrenchMovieTheme said:
quick update on the games guys:

giants vs. ravens - read post above

vikings vs. bears - tried to play, leagues went down in the middle, they'll get it done tonight

patriots vs. chiefs - mav can't sign onto XBL for some reason. i'm going to forefit it tonight unless i hear differently from mav or someone that the game will be completed

stooge vs. bog - talked to bog, he said he hadn't seen stooge around, i told him to post in this thread, he didn't (dont know if he's banned or what, but i can't be setting peoples games up for them every week). if the game isn't done tonight it's going to coinflip

so, let me reiterate to you: if these games are not done tonight (with the exception of the first 2 games, which i know for a fact are getting done soon if not tonight) they are going to be forefits. it sucks i know, but this week should have been done already. i know there are factors out of peoples control (leagues going down), but not even posting in this thread is within your control. so, you're right, the forefit stick is comin boyeeeeee!

also theres a little thing known as the LEAGUE FORUMS at the league web site that they could post on if for some reason theyve been banned here. oh wait.......some people in this league werent even aware of the league web site for a couple weeks.....my bad.

on another note I just joined a 32 team league and it just filled so Im hoping to get that one started tonight. would anyone be interested in taking ownership of a team if one of the owners flakes out?

Cloudy

Banned
I might be interested depending on the league setting (I will not play on anything but Legend and 6 minute quarters are a bit of a drag IMO) and reliability of the admin..... :)

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Mav told me via email on Monday that he couldn't connect, but I haven't heard from him since then.

ShadowRed

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
also theres a little thing known as the LEAGUE FORUMS at the league web site that they could post on if for some reason theyve been banned here. oh wait.......some people in this league werent even aware of the league web site for a couple weeks.....my bad.

on another note I just joined a 32 team league and it just filled so Im hoping to get that one started tonight. would anyone be interested in taking ownership of a team if one of the owners flakes out?

Hey HG I would love to take a team in a 32 team league. I've been looking to play in one of these since last year. If you can put me on your list or pass my name to who ever if you need a player. I'll take any team.

Cloudy

Banned
Guileless said:
Mav told me via email on Monday that he couldn't connect, but I haven't heard from him since then.

Mav's team is being taken over by Dskillz. Contact him to set up a gametime...

hgplayer1

ShadowRed said:
Hey HG I would love to take a team in a 32 team league. I've been looking to play in one of these since last year. If you can put me on your list or pass my name to who ever if you need a player. I'll take any team.

Ill put you on the top of the list Shadow. at the moment theres no sign that we'll even need a replacement but Im sure you know how that goes once the games start needing to get played.

Top Bottom