• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to the theater and they sold out for power rangers

Is the movie really that good?

Also I don't know when theaters started changing but I was planning to go see a movie last month and my girlfriend's younger sister asked "Did you pre-order your ticket?"

I was taken back to memories at GameStop, but in reality our local theaters have changed where if you don't buy your tickets 12 hours in advance for a popular movie you won't have a chance to see the movie.

I thought I could just roll in 30 minutes beforehand and buy a ticket. Nope. Now every ticket is assigned to a seat. I like this new change but it was just shocking to see it for the first time.

Do Waifu pillows count?

giggle.gif

I'm thinking that would exacerbate things..

you know it took me far longer to realize that The 100 is a show about
a minority destroying the world
a white woman being the savior
a black guy thinking he's a savior but turns people into slaves

I had to stop watching Vice Principals because it's literally about two psychopathic white guys trying to take a black woman's job.

Train to Busan was good

I keep hearing great things but man, I don't want to watch that. I hate zombies. They bore me. I want more movies about mummies. They're like zombies but more interesting.

D i Z

Can't even eq squad mates with new shit that I craft or find. What kind of basic Becky bullshit is this, Bioware???

Numb

I actually been to "cinema"s for soccer that is a thing for paces in the west. They also sell stuff like oranges
They showed 1 movie in years. Some Bruce Lee joint. Premier league time is crazy
Just had home-made ice cream on the side (terrible ofcourse)
Not fancy enough for fruits
You silly people and your kickball..
One of my fav things on the internet is people freaking out when Americans make fun of soccer

Kreed

Also I don't know when theaters started changing but I was planning to go see a movie last month and my girlfriend's younger sister asked "Did you pre-order your ticket?"

I was taken back to memories at GameStop, but in reality our local theaters have changed where if you don't buy your tickets 12 hours in advance for a popular movie you won't have a chance to see the movie.

I thought I could just roll in 30 minutes beforehand and buy a ticket. Nope. Now every ticket is assigned to a seat. I like this new change but it was just shocking to see it for the first time.

It's definitely an adjustment if you like just "showing up" at the theater to see movie on a whim (ex: You're out with friends/family having dinner and then decide to go to the movies and the next showing is in 30 minutes). Otherwise I like pre-selecting seats, if only to know how crowded/not crowded a show is before walking into the theater and not having to hunt down empty seats or having to sit too close to the screen.

Yeah and shit acting.
hey when you got the budget of a Halo World Championship you make due

Huh that's one interpertation.

Honestly i lost interest like Season 3 before people got to the fridging controversy. It wasn't amazing or anything just boring for me

oh i liked the show til season 3 happened, now it's some olde shit

"You know who sold the slaves to the white man anyway! Thelonious Jaha that's who!"

I have some Korean Short Ribs cooking in the slow cooker right now. It's always nice to prep food and just have it sit for 8 hours and be done by dinner.

How's your morning going so far Forearm?

You didn't act like a wasteman last night, eh?

Naahh ended up behaving myself lmao. BCT did me a huge favour

Tell me how I just ran into a white lady with the most beautiful Golden-Doodle. We started talking and she ended up telling me how her Dog is addicted to Organic Salmon and Brown Rice.............How is this dog eating better food than me?

Slayven

Did you at least take a child with you do you don't come off as uncle creepy?
I was with my nephew
Wow. Dunking for Jesus.

And the trailer pretty much shows you the entire plot.
the acting, was that everyone's first time?
You can't buy tickets online? It's my go-to.
I don't believe in preordering tickets. I am old school
Mine is so ghetto they don't even let you call to get showtimes. You just show up and hope you get in

Do they answer the phone with "What you want?"

akira28

Tell me how I just ran into a white lady with the most beautiful Golden-Doodle. We started talking and she ended up telling me how her Dog is addicted to Organic Salmon and Brown Rice.............How is this dog eating better food than me?

that dog probably has a old college roommate and a 401K. And he calls that white lady "mom".

Do one just to find out you're supremely Somali.

you can't just do one though. you really need like 4 or more to get a clear picture, because they look at your parent's genetics which come from many sources.

I got a list of like 6 tribes from my mom's and dad's side since different uncles and and parents have done the test.

Sch1sm

I don't believe in preordering tickets. I am old

ftfy

you can't just do one though. you really need like 4 or more to get a clear picture, because they look at your parent's genetics which come from many sources.

I got a list of like 6 tribes from my mom's and dad's side since different uncles and and parents have done the test.

Seriously? Seems less worth it then. My parents have 0 interest in that sorta thing, and I figure it's the same for most of my family. They're all pretty solidified in the, "I'm Somali," deal.

E: I also wonder how tribe stuff would work out, anyway. Somalis pass down tribe from the dad's side, so I fall under the same line my father's father's father's etcetc onward for some 21 generations (I have the list, tbh). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom