• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Is Mugen mixed? I thought he was from Okinawa (where you get a lot of naturally dark skinned Japanese RL people/anime characters)

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1362825
close enough

What a fucking weird way to start a topic. Was that necessary?

I gotta say that I'm confused as to why people are referring to people with darker skinned as tanned.

Is the word "tanned" being used to refer to a white person who got a tan? It literally speaks like they live on a planet where only white people exist. I'm bewildered.

Among the various problematic implications one can draw from those who have those sorts of thought processes is the insinuation that we all come in one color - super dark. Somehow they don't know there are a lot of Black people who come in lighter shades that your average South-East Asian, Pacific-Islander, Native American, South American, etc.

The day we get an anime with an all black cast would be spectacular. Other than the Boondocks of course. But that would be a very rare moment. Like you winning the lottery rare.

It's not an all Black cast but I would keep an eye out on:

c2479161ae3896f835b3c4d997fd213a1475861830_full.jpg

A collab between Crunchyroll & LeSean Thomas (you should know who that is). Also got character designer Hiroshi Shimizu (Michiko & Hatchin), storyboard director Shingo Natsume (One Punch Man), animation director Yûichi Takahashi (Gatchaman Crowds Insight) and animator Mitsuo Iso (Neon Genesis Evangelion) on the job. I don't know if its this fall or next year but I'm looking forward to it <3

&#55357;&#56908;

That looks fucking good <3

Sch1sm

2dfd13caf3bfbfc0a75b66449bf89d04815b90f3_hq.gif

tumblr_mtc3zlKWOx1qcm0i5o4_500.gif

Mohamed Avdol and Enrico Pucci
Avdol is a great hero in part 3 and saves the team multiple times. Enrico pucci is an amazing villain that manages to outwit the part 6 heroes multiple times, and is one of the most powerful characters in the manga.
And my avatar Pocoloco a side character in part 7. His stand ability is having 99 luck wherever he goes.
latest

I just started watching this, and all the subs say Abdul, not Avdol. I don't know enough to say if you're incorrect, though, just curious at this point, lol. I like that dude's Stand. 10/10.

Crocodile

Avdol has an awesome design but he's so underutilized in SDC. Pretty much everyone who isn't Jotaro or Polnareff is underutilized :(

I haven't read Part 6 yet (I'm waiting for the eventual anime) but I had heard
he isn't Black and that's an actual plot point.
With as few spoilers as possible, can someone confirm or deny this?

Infinite

Prison colony and that Ainu blood.

I remember reading an interview with the creator of Champloo and he basically said that he wanted a Ryukyuan character in the show to explicitly express that Japan was made up of multiple ethnicities and current day nationalists are dumb

Crocodile

I just saw someone argue "Black Yoshis did Black representation first" and I think I wanted to punch a wall >_<

I remember reading an interview with the creator of Champloo and he basically said that he wanted a Ryukyuan character in the show to explicitly express that Japan was made up of multiple ethnicities and current day nationalists are dumb

C6W3e5WU8AA8ggy.jpg

This might be the interview you're talking about. Watanabe is a good man.

That whole Spla2n thread is funny, it reminds of when Suits first started and people tried to say that Meghan Merkel wasn't Black until her character Rachel on the show literally had to say, "this isn't a tan, it doesn't go away" in character.

shingi70

Banned
That whole Spla2n thread is funny, it reminds of when Suits first started and people tried to say that Meghan Merkel wasn't Black until her character Rachel on the show literally had to say, "this isn't a tan, it doesn't go away" in character.

The fu......I hate stupid people.

Slayven

Whats get me is how people rush in and kick sand in the face of people that find enjoyment with something

"Cool the character has a black or gay character"

"Well actually......"

They can't help themselves

Avdol has an awesome design but he's so underutilized in SDC. Pretty much everyone who isn't Jotaro or Polnareff is underutilized :(

I haven't read Part 6 yet (I'm waiting for the eventual anime) but I had heard
he isn't Black and that's an actual plot point.
With as few spoilers as possible, can someone confirm or deny this?
Its really weird. He looks like a black guy, is the twin brother of a character who is black/mixed but looks like a white guy. I believe he's half Italian half black and almost everyone in the fandom thinks of him as such.

Nudull

Banned
Whats get me is how people rush in and kick sand in the face of people that find enjoyment with something

"Well actually......"

People ain't ready for Black Panther. Lord help us.

Beefy

"Well actually......"

" but what is black?" that is actual post on there

I just saw someone argue "Black Yoshis did Black representation first" and I think I wanted to punch a wall >_<

C6W3e5WU8AA8ggy.jpg

This might be the interview you're talking about. Watanabe is a good man.

I learned something new.
I feel like Golden Boy* today. *Kintaro Oe, main dude in a manga/anime

kinda weird that everyone feels they know what a Japanese artist of developer has in mind until we can read for ourselves that it is not always the way they want it to be.

Did black people ever claim Black Yoshi? I don't ever remember being a fan or identified as a Yoshi for that matter. I get frustrated the same when I read that, it is a bait you don't reply to that one.

Faustek

That's cool to hear. Only thing I remember is that he said they played that music when was a kid once the Ainu melody came along and looking up that island.

People ain't ready for Black Panther. Lord help us.

I'm people, I'm ready.

Ouch

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XVFteOF.jpg/IMG]

That's something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom