• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen some of my Jamaican and Haitian friends wear far worst during Labor Day Carnaval in NYC

West Indian Day Parade and real old Freaknik type shit

But why is normal hood gear a Halloween Costume for characters that are already black?

to tell you the truth I am stump to what black people where for Halloween

Being Haitian my mom had some weird ideas what halloween was

I have a photo of my baby sister in a Haitian carnival costume as a Chinese girl with this type of hat

aKsf2dc.jpg

but in pink

she looked cute she was only 5 but damn looking at it now is all kinds of wrong

so who is going to tell Capcom what is wrong with that shit?

That subliminal Jaden Smith line

nothing is going to change Jaden Smith, I would let the kid be him.

I am more concerned about Young Thug's Art

jdmnvcZ.jpg

this shit made me think a lot about where we are headed. As a painter I like that he did this but I still want to know where it is coming from.

Just like I shared about my little sister in the post above that shit is just weird.

Blackness has explored these spaces before though it is not new ground or deep as Jaden or Young Thug think it is.

Jaden Smith is self aware and that's going to prevent him from going off the real deep end.

I that that is smart.

I am glad the kid is where he is. It is not often we can point at a black teen growing up in wealth. If white rich kids get to be brats why can't he do his thing?

I really admire success, self-awareness is an important key point in that.

iavi

We're really writing disertations on why black motherfucking yoshis are apt analogs to black people in gaming .

I actually can't. I don't even know where to start with that

That inkling thread swings from passively offensive to outright klan

I have to go listen to David Banner's new stuff

I like what he had to say.

I like Kendrick but I did not really like the stuff about black people are cursed people biblical vibe. Not really my thing.

They are both trying to teach but Banner is breaking it down from a place I can clearly understand. No disrespect to any Black Hebrew Israelites in here but I had my spiritual journey and I am done with that explanation for my issues.

As a community we hold God high. It is hard to be in Atheist and Black there is hardly a place to turn and feel part of the community if you lost faith.

So even Banner is going to talk about his' God Box but I want to hear what he means first before I walk away.

there is a movie called Garm Wars The Last Druid.....the summary is just a strange but the poster is like 100% lolwhatbudget

In a world where clone soldiers from three military tribes are locked in a perpetual battle of air| land and technology| one clone is separated from the battle and
finds herself on the run with a group of unlikely companions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg93dR7TRWA

in trailer they have the thing on her head off center

there is a movie called Garm Wars The Last Druid.....the summary is just a strange but the poster is like 100% lolwhatbudget

In a world where clone soldiers from three military tribes are locked in a perpetual battle of air| land and technology| one clone is separated from the battle and
finds herself on the run with a group of unlikely companions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg93dR7TRWA

in trailer they have the thing on her head off center

Nigga the fuck is this?

Whats get me is how people rush in and kick sand in the face of people that find enjoyment with something

"Cool the character has a black or gay character"

"Well actually......"

They can't help themselves

anime fans do this shit all the time but in the same breath gonna claim every character is white.

They be on some "X character is most likely just a tanned Asian because this takes place in Japan...but these characters are all white cause they worship us"

Nigga the fuck is this?

anime fans do this shit all the time but in the same breath gonna claim every character is white.

They be on some "X character is most likely just a tanned Asian because this takes place in Japan...but these characters are all white cause they worship us"

some high grade nonsense from the OG director of GitS

Infinite

nothing is going to change Jaden Smith, I would let the kid be him.

I am more concerned about Young Thug's Art

jdmnvcZ.jpg

this shit made me think a lot about where we are headed. As a painter I like that he did this but I still want to know where it is coming from.

Just like I shared about my little sister in the post above that shit is just weird.

Blackness has explored these spaces before though it is not new ground or deep as Jaden or Young Thug think it is.
Don't see a problem with that Young Thug or Jaden does.

Edit: that David Banner interview was weird. About 20 mins in and I'm like "huh?"

Good morning.

Despite the early blackface, I'm willing to claim Bugs Bunny as black. He's too much like Brer Rabbit to not be a direct descendant.

Anthy is a little more controversial. She has a bindi on her forehead, so many people consider her to be Indian. And I'd hate to erase any South East Asian representation in anime/manga.

And I don't know about Jerry, but Tom. Is. Black. If you've ever seen the cartoon short where he plays the bass and sings Louis Jordan's "Is you is or is you ain't my baby?"*, or the one where he rocks the zoot suit...

Yeah, he black. Also, he was my grandfather's fave cartoon character.

*Look at this black excellence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7KdIhGTtKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom