• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I have probably seen almost no movies made before 1975.
I know a dude who won't watch anything that came out before 2000

PSEQHn9.jpg

Accurate...
Damn

akira28

I can see somebody hating one of these...

But BOTH?

yung Lion not ready for a taste of that devil's pie

LOL.

And i thought that they would have learned their lesson from having Barry save his mum. Guess i was wrong.

yep. that's what I hate about comics too. when the writers act like they haven't even read the earlier issues. *and in some cases this is possible.

Everytime I mention the corniness of the horse jokes, youre the first one to jump up and say something dismissive.

I thought people just came here for friendly chat, to blow off steam, or to check in on people, maybe fool around a bit, share what's on their minds, or whatever else they felt safe doing, generally respectfully and in the spirit of the group. what is it you find that is missing today from previous years?

some people like the horse jokes that's why they continue. they've been going on for years, and instead of bad puns we have horse jokes. its our brand of orange humor, and so far only a couple people seem to be seriously opposed to them.

busy catching up with a few shows, into badlands season and Iron fist, so uh you mean to tell me the actress who plays the widow somehow moves better than danny rand in every fight, this shit is turrrible so far but I knew that going in but I havent been able to force myself to watch past episode 5

Shy

yep. that's what I hate about comics too. when the writers act like they haven't even read the earlier issues. *and in some cases this is possible.
LOL.
busy catching up with a few shows, into badlands season and Iron fist, so uh you mean to tell me the actress who plays the widow somehow moves better than danny rand in every fight, this shit is turrrible so far but I knew that going in but I havent been able to force myself to watch past episode 5
I know you don't want to, fam. But you gotta, it's a right of passage to watch the whole thing at this point. 😝

LOL.

I know you don't want to, fam. But you gotta, it's a right of passage to watch the whole thing at this point. 😝

fam I grew up on shaw brothers and golden harvest flicks If they cant atleast get me some decent kungfu while I sit through the rest of their fuckery then they've lost me

andthebeatgoeson

Boys in the hood is 26 years old. Remember going to see it as a kid and my mom was worried about people shooting in the movie theater.

Systemic raciscm don't play. New movie with a lot of black input and the story was not a celebration, pre release. As we get ready to celebrate black panther, just know that it's different nowadays, in small ways.

Kreed

I see the thread is still here. I got to say one thing though...

noone in this thread says or does shit but recycle the same damn things. you gonna act like this thread is of high discourse as it used to be? and you of all people want to talk about saying dumb shit? get all the way the fuck out of here

First, if you want to complain about the horse jokes, something that Jandro himself admitted he is in on, fine. But you know why it was a bad look to compare horse jokes to posting content that is disrespectful to women posters (not specific to Izuna which was just disrespectful to everybody).

Second, we've been having this "high discourse" argument since OT8, and it is always silly when it's coming from people that aren't adding any "high discourse" to the thread itself (sorry Young Magus, your dad was just an example I thought of). Like all the other community threads, the move from OT to community did "damage" to the overall discussion in regards to relying on us who regularly participate, vs non regulars who may occasionally post in the thread to ask more serious questions/talk about serious subjects on their minds. It is what it is. That doesn't prevent anyone who wants a more serious discussion about Black issues from around the globe from having it. But if horse pictures prevents these people from wanting to have any discussion at all, oh well. We're doing fine without them.

Gattsu25

Banned
Saw all the Terminator movies, but only saw the first one *after* I saw Genysis.

First one doesn't hold up that well due to the ancient special effects. Rest of the movie is good though.

It does have one of my absolute favorite examples of an impossible time travel paradoxes, though.

Shame that you had that spoiled by the other movies instead of watching them all in sequence and seeing the time travel paradox fresh.

-----
Morning.

Young Magus

I see the thread is still here. I got to say one thing though...

First, if you want to complain about the horse jokes, something that Jandro himself admitted he is in on, fine. But you know why it was a bad look to compare horse jokes to posting content that is disrespectful to women posters (not specific to Izuna which was just disrespectful to everybody).

Second, we've been having this "high discourse" argument since OT8, and it is always silly when it's coming from people that aren't adding any "high discourse" to the thread itself (sorry Young Magus, your dad was just an example I thought of). Like all the other community threads, the move from OT to community did "damage" to the overall discussion in regards to relying on us who regularly participate, vs non regulars who may occasionally post in the thread to ask more serious questions/talk about serious subjects on their minds. It is what it is. That doesn't prevent anyone who wants a more serious discussion about Black issues from around the globe from having it. But if horse pictures prevents these people from wanting to have any discussion at all, oh well. We're doing fine without them.

1.) Good Points
2.) Man why I gotta be DY`s kid yo?
3.) What ya'll playing? I got Trails of the Sky 3rd ready in a few hours

Good morning all.

I'm at work drained. I was in the office until 9:20 last night and I'm expecting another long night. But ya know got to keep grinding.

Good morning all.

I'm at work drained. I was in the office until 9:20 last night and I'm expecting another long night. But ya know got to keep grinding.

Have a protein smoothie and a few oranges. It'll help a bit. You should plan to take a few days off when you can.

You ready for the 18th?

Good morning all.

Yeah man you been working hard, take a break to make sure you don't burn yourself out. I know the hustle must stay strong but you gotta take time for yourself too.

Dat Trans thread just be example A on how Fake News is so effective.... 7 page thread taking a random screenshot of a a bunch of fucking randoms having a facebook conversation as some Official Trans Community Position

We even got to if this keeps happening the Dems will never win... wtf

Slayven

Morning people

Dat Trans thread just be example A on how Fake News is so effective.... 7 page thread taking a random screenshot of a a bunch of fucking randoms having a facebook conversation as some Official Trans Community Position

"I found this interesting bit of so and so" is just a fuse for fuckery

Beefy

The OP has form for shit like that

Izuna

Banned
(not specific to Izuna which was just disrespectful to everybody).

I posted a self-deprecating joke, not based on reality, that me and my partner found funny and it got taken the wrong way. Or maybe it didn't, whatever. I got my backlash, got lectured out of this thread and I'm out.

I was told this thread isn't about me, so at the very least I would expect not to see a post that's negative towards me show up when I search for my quotes. Now, I don't own a trademark on my username, and I can't stop every reference to an Izuna Drop popping up, but I'm politely asking you to keep your dislike of me in your PMs or discord or whatever.

I already left, so at least let that be the end of it.

Thank you.

Kreed

Those Defenders/Dark Tower trailers were great. Hopefully Samuel L. Jackson keeps quiet this time.

Edit:

I posted a self-deprecating joke, not based on reality, that me and my partner found funny and it got taken the wrong way. Or maybe it didn't, whatever. I got my backlash, got lectured out of this thread and I'm out.

I was told this thread isn't about me, so at the very least I would expect not to see a post that's negative towards me show up when I search for my quotes. Now, I don't own a trademark on my username, and I can't stop every reference to an Izuna Drop popping up, but I'm politely asking you to keep your dislike of me in your PMs or discord or whatever.

I already left, so at least let that be the end of it.

Thank you.

Slow down. The only reason I referenced your post is because that was a jump off for Parallax's criticisms. I don't "dislike" you for making a harSon level joke. You aren't the first to have done it and you won't be the last. All posters are asking is that you be respectful to women posting in this thread. I haven't interacted with you long enough to have that sort of an opinion about you and you're free to keep posting in this thread or not, IMO.

Man this new moving job is exhausting. Pretty sure Epson salt helps with soreness but at least the pay and tips are good so I'll do it until I go back to school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom