• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Shy is beyond race, and nationality. He is only Shy

Or as some call him
The Ghost that Walks
1yEGYja.jpg

Anyone know how much I should charge for shipping? I'm trying to sell some of my games. Went on Amazon to look up some, but they're only giving me single games. I have 7 games to sell. I might sell 8.

D i Z

Anyone know how much I should charge for shipping? I'm trying to sell some of my games. Went on Amazon to look up some, but they're only giving me single games. I have 7 games to sell. I might sell 8.

Is it not proper to calculate that when the deal is done?

Edit: For some reason I was thinking you were doing that on Ebay. You can get an estimate from the postal service sites by weight. Amazon (if you sell to them) might take care of it for you. I dunno, Just feel like they would do something like that.

Good evening all.

Just when I thought I had a hell week last week this week showed me how wrong I was. I can't complain a lot though, employment is always a blessing.

Probably. Ubisoft deserves some credit for their efforts when it comes to representation of POC. Not a lot of credit, but they make an actual effort unlike most of the industry.

i think they're pretty good at representation but i guess cause like you said, they're one of the few that tries.

Johndoey

Banned
The Present day stuff was always my favorite part of Assassin's Creed, and not just because of my obsession with Nolan North. The Black Flag and Rogue office exploration was also pretty decent.

Zekes!

Each time a Assassin's Creed game get announced I'm like "I'll jump into the series with this one" and then never come close to playing it

Johndoey

Banned
Each time a Assassin's Creed game get announced I'm like "I'll jump into the series with this one" and then never come close to playing it

Most of the games range between good and great, and the story-line is a mess, but a charming one.

Besides that, this latest one looks like it's going the soft reboot route. Origin of the Assassin Brotherhood, probably even less focus on the present day story. A more open world.

If the mood ever takes you I'd suggest at least trying out the Ezio trilogy, which were Assassins Creed 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations. All great games.

Zekes!

It's every other game. 2, 4, 6 etc.

Most of the games range between good and great, and the story-line is a mess, but a charming one.

Besides that, this latest one looks like it's going the soft reboot route. Origin of the Assassin Brotherhood, probably even less focus on the present day story. A more open world.

If the mood ever takes you I'd suggest at least trying out the Ezio trilogy, which were Assassins Creed 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations. All great games.

I own 2 on Steam, but my old ass Macbook Pro can't run it for shit

One day, in 2025, I'll get around to playing it haha

Asscreed hasn't been good since brotherhood-Ezio's era. 3 was nice change on a NA character but I wanted more from them... Black Flag had good ship play. Syndicate was ok at best.

Evening, everyone. Been restarting my road to becoming an artist thanks to Drawabox.com. Been doing pretty good so far with the beginning tutorials and hope to make decent progress by the end of this year.

D i Z

LET'S GO GOLDEN STATE!!!!!

I don't really give a hoot either way. Just thought it might be the last time to throw some salt in the air.

LOL. That takes me back.

��

In the audience, sure. Other than, that i don't believe so.

But then again, i'm a pessimist.

Don't worry Shy. Imma come get you with a rented speed boat trailing an inner tube for you to hold onto.

I ain't letting you go out like that.

Plus, you'll owe me a favor.......

200_s.gif

Remind me later to tell you about this new show that I'm stuck on. Shit is a hoot.

Johndoey

Banned
I really hope we get to see what Rocksteady is working on. I hope to God WB let them on something other than Batman.

Even if it's another superficially similar DC property like Green Arrow.

Faustek

Morning bct.

Crown and Collards
Whiskey Wine & Moonshine
The Good & Terrible Show
Medium Popcorn
Black Girl Nerds
Misty Knight's Uninformed Afro
The Spann Report
Say Something Nice (not all black)
The Black Podcast with Wine Cellar Media
Gaming and Then Some
TWiB! (This Week in Blackness)
What's the Tea (not the Rupaul one, but hey, if you like Rupaul, that one too)
The Interracial Jawn Podcast (black wife, white husband, so not all black)
Pod Save the People (Deray McKesson interviewing people)

Thanks a lot.
This will be a few interesting weeks as I sample all of these and those from Pride.

dbvVwJ4.gif

They're gonna Gods Of Egypt the shit out fo the main character. 😞

It's now that Ubisoft adds a character creator with the only ethnic hairstyles will be afro, shaved, dreads and perhaps some cornrows.

D i Z

Black women's style is adored when worn by whites, derided when worn by blacks.

It's insane how frequently this happens.

Heard about some Latina's on some campus somewhere that got in white peoples ass about appropriating it. They didn't get much support.

Heard about some Latina's on some campus somewhere that got in white peoples ass about appropriating it. They didn't get much support.

That's typical. From universities I've been to Latinos don't get much support and throwing in women in there specifically. They appropriate when it's convenient for them, but do this when it's regarded to us:
tumblr_or9rkiBppl1u1ofgwo3_r1_1280.png

UspEOBe.png

D i Z

That's typical. From universities I've been to Latinos don't get much support and throwing in women in there specifically. They appropriate when it's convenient for them, but do this when it's regarded to us:
tumblr_or9rkiBppl1u1ofgwo3_r1_1280.png

UspEOBe.png

I've heard a lot of black folk throwing them under the bus on this issue as well. Funny how it all turns around on a dime like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom