• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

they actually say it bolsters the general self esteem and positive body image ideas. black women positive, etc. it was an interesting take. I didn't exactly sign on, but lol i didn't expect to see it on my news feed either. i can see some points.

here we are (nsfw) http://www.theroot.com/thirst-traps-are-body-positive-too-1795772432

I don't doubt the positives for the woman who's posting them. That's a whole other discussion we can have, though, and I have a lot to say on the topic. Maybe not at 1AM, though. I suppose it's more the responses I don't care for.

🙃
I'm a knick fan, they could burn the whole league down for all I care.

RT. I'm a Celtics fan. I got no stakes in this. I still got minimal faith in the Cavs here.

No. Took me until last year to even recognize it was him. But redbone is crazy. And my 13 year old was asking about it. Like, if there's 2-3 tracks that come close to red bone then I'm in. Might as well use this Google credit.

It's a phenomenal album. Go for it. It won't be disappointing.

Zekes!

I still haven't listened to Gambino's latest. I saw some mixed first impressions and it put me off it 'cause while I like the dude, his projects often feel lacking. I'll try to rectify that soon. Gotta get back into my Diablo 3 and music grind.

---

Maaaaan, this new DBZ fighting game has got me hyped as fuck.

akira28

I don't doubt the positives for the woman who's posting them. That's a whole other discussion we can have, though, and I have a lot to say on the topic. Maybe not at 1AM, though. I suppose it's more the responses I don't care for.

nod I hear you.

Sch1sm

I still haven't listened to Gambino's latest. I saw some mixed first impressions and it put me off it 'cause while I like the dude, his projects often feel lacking. I'll try to rectify that soon. Gotta get back into my Diablo 3 and music grind.

---

Maaaaan, this new DBZ fighting game has got me hyped as fuck.

I always listen myself, even if the reactions are whatever. Plenty of albums out there I like that aren't universally loved. Give it a chance A$AP Rocky.

---

Speaking of music, SZA dropped her album, CTRL. Give it a listen, BCT.

LionPride

Banned
If one of Malibu, Blonde, or Seat at the Table didn't exist, Awaken My Love would have been in my top 3 of 2016. Love that fucking album

Sooo this Black Panther teaser trailer has really got me thinking about afrofuturism, which was always a movement and aesthetic I thought was really awesome, but admittedly didn't know much about.

So could anyone in here point me in the direction of media related to it? Fashion, blogs, articles, books and comics, in particular, music (although I know Janelle Monae, Solange, etc)

akira28

How to shame everyone in a dance circle at the rave. Be a black guy with dreads or be Asian. Everyone else fails
til a random white girl shows up then everyone stops caring how good you are

This black guy just got her reperations made this white boy get on the ground then grinded the fuck out of him while doing the splits

Slayven

We should all be thankful MBJ's career survived Fan4stic.

It's wasn't the actors' fault, they did what they could. It rightfully fell on Josh Trank.

But yeah if he didn't have Creed and Fruitvale under his belt he might be on a OWN sitcom right now.

shingi70

Banned
So tired right now.

Despite that the little bit I took in of the black panther trailer was dope as fuck. I really want to cosplay as Michael b Jordans character.

Faustek

Emphasis on "I". Nice. Cube still one to count on because tbh I was expecting that money to keep him silent. Glad I was wrong.

Still on that Hunger strike till Lupita notices

RIP

final fantasy 12 job board was the best

Add Fran and Balthier.

Seeing black youtube react to the BP trailer gives me life

So bummed we won't get Korey and Martin's blind look at this shit.

Edit: Andre (Black Nerd) Happy AF tho https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN-WCHacRgI

Still not sure about that guy. Remember how damn silent he was during the Nintendo debacle a few years back, the all white Kart screen, and when he finally said something it wasn't anything of worth.

It'll be a bunch of Black people cosplaying as characters with the same skin color as them.

It's gonna be a nightmare for cosplay skin color shaming people to have to shut the fuck up.

Waiting on the European defence force explaining to everyone why white Europeans in blackface isn't racist.

Shy

Holyshit. I just had an Egg Custard Tart for the first time, and this was my reaction.
eBsUpSE.gif

I feel like an idiot for never having them till now.
Emphasis on "I". Nice. Cube still one to count on because tbh I was expecting that money to keep him silent. Glad I was wrong.
Same. I'm so glad i was wrong.

Here's the full length version. You should check it out.

Waiting on the European defence force explaining to everyone why white Europeans in blackface isn't racist.
Because it's part of their culture. Duh. 😝

Johndoey

Banned
Crystal Dynamics is heading up the Avengers product, I don't know if they're putting Tomb Raider on the back burner or someone else is getting that property. Eidos Montreal is on that to, but Mankind Divided was a super bomb so that's not surprising.

RE: Black Panther

I want it all, I want to see Kimoyo Cards and Beads. I want to see Changamire, I want the Dora Milaje to refer to him as "beloved", I want to see hi commune with the previous Panthers and/or Bast, I want to see the Hatut Zeraze and W'Kabi and so on...

Bought a copy of Battleborn. For reasons unknown even to myself. Also Eliza and Kazumi in T7 are pretty good.

Didn't it go free to play or something recently? I don't really want to support anything Pitchford's had his hands in but I am looking for a change up from Overwatch.

Johndoey

Banned
Didn't it go free to play or something recently? I don't really want to support anything Pitchford's had his hands in but I am looking for a change up from Overwatch.

Yeah the Competitive MP is free-to-play now. It's an alright light MOBA. Good hero character variety.

Woooo!!

Just jumped out of a plane for a second time!

Did not plan my day accordingly and now have to kill 1.5hrs in Trumps NY before I can continue with my girls bday events.

How's the weekend looking fams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom