• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOAT just arrived

DCUDUc3XgAEAKx4.jpg

andthebeatgoeson

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...r-at-least-a-bad-joke-20170614.html?mobi=true

Claim Jordan meme is racist. While losing your mayoral race.
A popular internet meme or racism? A South Jersey mayor is still upset after he was the subject of a “Crying Jordan” meme following his loss in last week’s Republican primary, alleging that the incident was racist and a joke made in poor taste.

Cinnaminson Mayor Anthony Minniti said Wednesday that a third-grade teacher in the Beverly City School District took to Facebook to superimpose images of NBA legend Michael Jordan crying onto the faces of Minniti and his running mate, June Neuman.

Minniti, believing he and Neuman, both of whom are white, had been cast in blackface, reported the incident to the school as racist. It was only after the episode received local and national media attention this week that he learned of the meme, which originated when Jordan cried during a speech as he was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame. Generally the meme is used to tease someone nursing a loss.

“I don’t live online,” Minniti said. “I don’t know memes. I don’t know internet jokes.”

He said he has since again contacted the school, telling the district that he learned it was a meme but believes it was a joke made in “poor judgment.”

I can see the resemblance.

Wait, the shooter today at the baseball practice was a Bernie supporter and volunteered on his campaign?

Yikes

yep.

their campaign already threw him far under the bus too.

Robert Becker, who oversaw Sanders' campaign in Iowa and other key states, said none of the campaign field organizers in Iowa or Illinois could remember a volunteer named James Hodgkinson.

"Nobody has any recollection of him," Becker told CNN. "He's not anybody anyone can remember."

aka WHOS MAN WAS THAT

Seeing that thread about violence and whether it's accepted in situations is interesting. Though violence is horrible and completely uncalled for at times, sometimes whether people like it or not, it's usually the only option left when the oppressor taken every other avenue from you.

In other words, the loudest voice is the most destructive one, though it says no words or utters one syllable, it's effect cause great damage. It's a voice that no one wishes to hear, but must acknowledge in times of grave peril. And it's only the loudest because it's the only voice that can be heard when all others are silenced by those that wish to oppress all the voices that cry for justice, for change and for all to be seen as equal.

Congratulations 👊🏾

--

You know it Lightning_Roller.

Congrats man, best of luck!

Congrats my man, just bought it. I support my people.

Nice, congrats!

Congrats to you, friend. Will have to buy this book if I find it.

Congrats Smiles.

Congrats! Glad you found a good name in the end.

Ha yeah its real and looks much better then the first one to me.

Nice!

Yo! Congratulations!!!

People are products i can alter the availability at anytime

I like that

Zeke should have stuck around longer.

Congrats fam!

Thank You all :)

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Thank You all :)

Dude, I just bought the book. Expensive as hell. There BETTER be color up in this bitch for how much I paid, cuz that black n' white cover is doing you NO favors, fam.

(yes, I'm kidding. Well, about the expense and color n' shit. Not about buying the book.)

Furyous

Damn, Fury where you been? I haven't seen your sexy ass in a minute.

Why thank you for your kind words. Keep up the flattery as I greatly appreciate it. My black ass been in the hospital three times, got fired right after coming back but they delayed it a week later to make it look better for HR purposes, found out my friend might be getting excommunicated for being gay at some point, and had to spend $500 getting by 2013 computer fixed.

Doing good, excited about nintendo and crash. How about you, doing well?

I am maintaining out here trying to be a better person. Apparently Linkedin has a phishing problem and it gets worse everyday. Working on my book but keeping it low until I decide to self publish it.

D i Z

Double Toasted finally walking back their Alex Jones admiration now that Megyn Kelly got the heat turned up on both of them.

Wonder how long it'll be before they walk back the subtle defense of Megyn Kelly too.

Shit got real, and now these people they were defending are "disgusting".

Too many clowns, not enough shoes.

Shy

Double Toasted finally walking back their Alex Jones admiration now that Megyn Kelly got the heat turned up on both of them.

Wonder how long it'll be before they walk back the subtle defense of Megyn Kelly too.
Their what ? o_0

Shit got real, and now these people they were defending are "disgusting".

Too many clowns, not enough shoes.

To be fair, Korey and Martin knew Jones before he played up the cray cray for ratings and cash.

D i Z

To be fair, Korey and Martin knew Jones before he played up the cray cray for ratings and cash.

And up until about a month ago they were all on that he's just an act and harmless bs.
They stay on being apologetic for people like this until recently. I guess something finally got through to them.

And up until about a month ago they were all on that he's just an act and harmless bs.
They stay on being apologetic for people like this until recently. I guess something finally got through to them.

I mean that's almost entirely Korey, tbh.

Martin always ready to just say "nah man, I'm out" and wash his hands of a dude.

Hope it sticks tho, would be nice to see Korey a little less forgiving of this nonsense.

D i Z

Don't take this the wrong way, but some folks sounding like Korey when he is defending racist shit all the time and Martin when he just doesn't give an f. Just because they're "entertainers...comedians...blah blah blah"

Now I'm sure I'll get pressure for that, but I'll do what they never would and stand by it.

Slayven

The hell kind of people y'all watch
Your mom
Don't take this the wrong way, but some folks sounding like Korey when he is defending racist shit all the time and Martin when he just doesn't give an f. Just because they're "entertainers...comedians...blah blah blah"

Now I'm sure I'll get pressure for that, but I'll do what they never would and stand by it.

I love korey and martin, but damn they can be just ignorant on some shit. Like i say i chalk it up to them being old men

I mean it's bullshit that he does it, I been on his ass with emails and shit over it for the better part of like, 7 years now. I'm just saying that's who he is, nothing much to do about it other than shake your head and do better.

Ain't condoning shit, they don't get a pass just cause I like em and they're funny.

D i Z

We talk about the useless moderate all the time. Or those for an extreme example that might not go along with Alex Jones or a Glen Beck, or a Milo.... but sure find them entertaining. Shrug. It is what it is. And these aren't shots fired at individuals, just general support. That's where I'm going with this.

RedSwirl

I just kinda had a thought: Is it really true that NONE of the quadrupeds indigenous to sub-Saharan Africa were domesticated and used for transport?

Think about it: One of the main pillars of early civilization was beasts of burden able to carry people. Humans are really lucky Horses showed up in Eurasia when they did. The Mongols took over half the damn planet because of one simple piece of horse riding technology. A big probable reason Native American societies didn't advance the same way as Europeans and Asians is because they didn't have horses or anything else they could ride. Lots of big animals live in Africa, but apparently all of them have much meaner temperament than horses because they gotta fight off Lions and shit. I'm trying to think through all African megafauna and all I can think of that could be ridden were the Camels of North Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom