• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Morning bct
Afternoon fam
Mornin' everyone.
Mornin' peeps.
Evening chums.
I haven't eaten Domino's in years. Last time i tried it was just after the recipe reboot, shit was straight cardboard
I like the Domino's near me. Really fucking expensive though.
tl-horizontal_main.jpg

O canada
That's way too sickly sweet for my tastes.
Iron Fist would have been much less cringe with an AA Danny. They are story beats that would have resonated so well with an AA Danny. At this point, let's just fucking off him and upgrade Quake to the big leagues.
Nah. It still would have been just as shit.
It’s primarily a UK thing. We have significantly less locations than you do, that’s for sure. There’s a couple here in Toronto, so I go every now and again. They’ve got locations in Alberta, BC, and Ontario, in general.

Definitely some in the US, too, but only in Illinois, Virginia, Washington, and Maryland? Something like that.
Ahh. That's cool.

Village

Iron Fist would have been much less cringe with an AA Danny. They are story beats that would have resonated so well with an AA Danny. At this point, let's just fucking off him and upgrade Quake to the big leagues.

Yeah like, my and some friends were talking about and he brings up the point that yeah being asian kung fu man would have been sterotyical, but one of the major players in the movies is black man dressed in literal black panther outfit from africa land. And the entierty of luke cages character embrasing some more stereotype aspects of film and using them to create new fantastic characters that resonated with audiences even within that stereotype. And the reaosn people don't care as much is because Rhodie and Falcon, and the night nurse exist who largely aren't stereotypes at all. It shows that there's depth in the the types of Black characters in marvel.

And this show pointed out how so few notible East Asian or really, Asian in general characters in the MCU. Being a young, nieve, privileged white dude who literally gets everything handed to him solves all his problems despite creating them, magically learning kung fu from an entirely different culture.

I think along with just being a poorly paced show, with some bad actor choices, and some generally bad story telling and filming.It just showed a lack of culture in the MCU. Even though that wasn't the intent.

I'm interested in how they will handle danny in the future. Will they just roman reigns him? Just keep pushing, I don't think that will work

When I was out hustling today some white man hit me for some crazy shit. I was riding my bike right? and then I had stopped for a second to adjust my bag. When I looked up I saw some middle-age white man sitting on his porch with his grotesque belly hanging out. I waved to him in courteous gesture. He waved back. At this point I was deciding to hop back on my bike and keep going, but I decided, "Hey it wouldn't hurt to ask him, would it?".

I called out to him.

"Hey, are you interested in art by any chance?"

"A little. Why?" he responded.

"I'm an artist and trying to sell some of my art so I can get a car and won't have to ride this bike anymore."

I got off my bike and walked towards him taking out a few pieces of my art from my bag. He looked at them and made such compliments as "This is really good" and "You have talent." He also asked how much they were and I said "Twenty a piece."

"Do you stay around here?"

"Yeah, I'm down the highway," I lied.

"Cool. I used to draw a bit myself and would hit you up later you got a card or something?"

I pulled out my business card and handed it to him. He took it. I noticed the edges of his eyes were abnormally red.

"So you're trying to save up for a car?"

"Yeah, trying to make money anyway I can."

"Cool. I just wanted to let you know my wife loves fucking black men. You can make some money that way."

"Ugh, no I'm fine. And I'm actually a woman."

"Oh my bad, I was just throwing that out there."

"Have a good day," I turned around got on my back and got the hell out of there.

Beefy

When I was out hustling today some white man hit me for some crazy shit. I was riding my bike right? and then I had stopped for a second to adjust my bag. When I looked up I saw some middle-age white man sitting on his porch with his grotesque belly hanging out. I waved to him in courteous gesture. He waved back. At this point I was deciding to hop back on my bike and keep going, but I decided, "Hey it wouldn't hurt to ask him, would it?".

I called out to him.

"I'm an artist and trying to sell some of my art so I can get a car and won't have to ride this bike anymore."

I got off my bike and walked towards him taking out a few pieces of my art from my bag. He looked at them and made such compliments as "This is really good" and "You have talent." He also asked how much they were and I said "Twenty a piece."

"Cool. I used to draw a bit myself and would hit you up later you got a card or something?"

I pulled out my business card and handed it to him. He took it. I noticed the edges of his eyes were abnormally red.

"Cool. I just wanted to let you know my wife loves fucking black men. You can make some money that way."

"Have a good day," I turned around got on my back and got the hell out of there.

What the hell. I have had that before tho, dudes be weird.

You should have slapped him

Beefy

No, but i guess now i know what to say if a black woman ever tries to talk with me.

I have had it twice. One old white dude wanted to watch from a cupboard as I fucked his wife and one girl on her hen night wanting to be with a black guy before she married. It weird that we get weird fetish shit over our skin colour.

I was dressed in my boy clothes today and people be looking at me confused sometimes so that's why he assumed I was a man. That's something I won't be forgetting. Is that that cuckold shit people be talking about on here?

LionPride

Banned
I have had it twice. One old white dude wanted to watch from a cupboard as I fucked his wife and one girl on her hen night wanting to be with a black guy before she married. It weird that we get weird fetish shit over our skin colour.
Someone wanted you to be in theh cuckhold fantasies? Damn

Beefy

I was dressed in my boy clothes today and people be looking at me confused sometimes so that's why he assumed I was a man. That's something I won't be forgetting. Is that that cuckold shit people be talking about on here?

Yep and fetish over black dudes. Some white people have weird fetishes over it for some reason. Sorry you went through it gal.

Someone wanted you to be in theh cuckhold fantasies? Damn

Yep, the old my wife wants to try black. Nasty ass shit

Mizerman

I called out to him.

Well damn. That was an event that happened.

I called out to him.

damn damn daaaaamn

this is some blacked. com ish

Feel kinda bad for them cuphead dudes cause LOL at thinking you'd make big money with that. But at the same time yeah, lol thinking a niche boss rush game will make you enough money to buy a better house.

Damn, why you being a hater. What game you building?

Ain't being a hater, game looks cool, I'll buy it.

But sacrificing your life for your passion comes with downside if you bite it, and your product is a niche one in an already niche market, you gotta hit a grand slam if you wanna even just recoup what you sacrificed for it.

I chased my dream, I worked for $35 a month to chase after it.

But eventually reality hit me and I realized I was never gonna get what my wildest dreams were so I stepped back and re-assessed. Ain't trying to hate, just stating the sad reality.

daffy

Banned
damn this amir0x shit is wild.

found out about it from this thread. I remember clicking gaf YouTube links in 2014 and seeing "amirox is a pedo!!" comments under the video. Hahaha #dead hope he gets help though. He had one of the craziest sagas on gaf.

But sacrificing your life for your passion comes with downside if you bite it, and your product is a niche one in an already niche market, you gotta hit a grand slam if you wanna even just recoup what you sacrificed for it.

You always have to make sacrifices when running a business. I've spoken to many since joining this club and a couple have told me how they had to sell their cars, sleep in them, etc to get where they are today. Had people call them crazy and think it wouldn't work, but they proved them wrong. Risk is inevitable.

Kreed

Feel kinda bad for them cuphead dudes cause LOL at thinking you'd make big money with that. But at the same time yeah, lol thinking a niche boss rush game will make you enough money to buy a better house.

I'm interested in the game, but damn messing with your livelihood over something destined to do Bayonetta 2 numbers.

Shy

I called out to him.

qr0dlZv.gif

On a serious note. Glad you're safe, that could have very easily gone another way.

Malyse

Reasons.
Nah. It still would have been just as shit.
Nah. If they used the charming Drunk Fu guy, it would have been a better show. You forget how much a charismatic lead can save a poor show.
Yeah like, my and some friends were talking about and he brings up the point that yeah being asian kung fu man would have been sterotyical, but one of the major players in the movies is black man dressed in literal black panther outfit from africa land. And the entierty of luke cages character embrasing some more stereotype aspects of film and using them to create new fantastic characters that resonated with audiences even within that stereotype. And the reaosn people don't care as much is because Rhodie and Falcon, and the night nurse exist who largely aren't stereotypes at all. It shows that there's depth in the the types of Black characters in marvel.

And this show pointed out how so few notible East Asian or really, Asian in general characters in the MCU. Being a young, nieve, privileged white dude who literally gets everything handed to him solves all his problems despite creating them, magically learning kung fu from an entirely different culture.

I think along with just being a poorly paced show, with some bad actor choices, and some generally bad story telling and filming.It just showed a lack of culture in the MCU. Even though that wasn't the intent.

I'm interested in how they will handle danny in the future. Will they just roman reigns him? Just keep pushing, I don't think that will work

They should Hulk his ass.

I chased my dream, I worked for $35 a month to chase after it.

But eventually reality hit me and I realized I was never gonna get what my wildest dreams were so I stepped back and re-assessed. Ain't trying to hate, just stating the sad reality.

You always have to make sacrifices when running a business. I've spoken to many since joining this club and a couple have told me how they had to sell their cars, sleep in them, etc to get where they are today. Had people call them crazy and think it wouldn't work, but they proved them wrong. Risk is inevitable.

I believe Frozen is saying, "Not every hustle works out." Doesn't mean you shouldn't though.

Mumei

Anyone else seen the trailer for Step? It's a documentary about a high school girl's step team from Baltimore, and it looks really good. I just saw it last night in the trailers before Captain Underpants (pretty good) and it stuck out in a great way from the other painful trailers about emojis and squirrels and whatnot.

Voat, while a racist hellhole is damn good at archiving gaf threads before they get locked. They got folks working around the clock monitoring controversy. It would be admirable if not so sad.

I called out to him.

Well damn. The grotesque belly hanging out should have been a warning sign, Nipples

I'm sure we've all had crossed path weird white folks at some point in our lives lives. I know I have....from the guy who wanted me to sell him drugs, to guy who wanted me show him were the drug dealer lives, to the stoned out of her skull white girl who stalked me, to the who guy went into a rant about how racist the police are to black people when we were waiting for bus and then there was this dude who was eating garbage off the floor of the bus — I'm sure he was on drugs too.

There are few more, but I'll end it there.

Slayven

When I was about 20 I started my first real job at a call center. First few weeks there this older white man use to always ask me if i played football, i told him no, but he still wanted to talk sports with me. I am a nerd, all my sports knowledge came from the Pro Stars cartoon. But still he use to come and find me on my break, lunch, etc and just talk while i nodded my head. Eventually he started inviting me to go to church with him and his wife, me thinking he thought I was an at risk youth or something. He did that few times as I dodge invites like Neo from the matrix.

He then moved on to just inviting me to his house for dinner, and finally out of no where he invites me to come hang out for the weekend with him and his wife. I fended off that invite too, shortly after another dude at work told me how the old dude liked to recruit folks for his wife to fuck, not only that but he would make sure his wife's fuck buddy had rides, something to eat, and occasionally a fresh pair of Js. Thank god i switched to 3rd shift and never saw that dude again.

Moral of the story, don't underestimate the freaky's need to freak.

akira28

I was looking at the steam sale, under 5 dollar games. and i was literally carving through hundreds and hundreds of games no one will ever play, trying to find something I could recognize. the pc game market is messy as fuck.

edit: all the trouble these guys go through just so they don't have to have sex with their wives? gee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom