• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

Been thinking about breaking it off with my girl for good this weekend. It's been 3 years and it feels like there hasn't been much growth in our relationship. Things have been "fine" but I've been feeling like this relationship has run its course and we're just not on the same wavelength.

Been thinking about breaking it off with my girl for good this weekend. It's been 3 years and it feels like there hasn't been much growth in our relationship. Things have been "fine" but I've been feeling like this relationship has run its course and we're just not on the same wavelength.

It's time to have "the talk" about the future then, for sure.

zeemumu

The John Wick films are so cool. It's just that utmost respect that every single person (except Theon Greyjoy) has for him even when he's coming to kill them or their boss. Everything is professionalism or personal feelings and you feel it every single time. And at the same time you get that feeling of "this character is screwed" when you see them disrespect him and go "pfft, who the hell is John Wick?" Without that it just becomes a standard revenge movie.

Sch1sm

cap3pd.jpg

There's a reason the whole world knows about the Fourth of July and barely know Canada Day exists.

That might have something to do with the fact that Canada as a nation has only existed for 150 years, and we aren’t blind patriots.

Zekes!

It's time to have "the talk" about the future then, for sure.

Yeah I had tried to have that talk with her some time ago, but nothing really came of it and I left it alone because I've been finishing up school. I'm thinking I need to just rip the band-aid off. This will be our third break, as I've ended things twice before, for two different reasons, but ultimately I've always struggled with feeling satisfied in our relationship. I always thought it was my pessimism getting the best of me, which is why I got back with her each time, but at this point I've accepted that she this isn't what I want in a relationship.

In other news, this Jay-Z album is good. Or at least I like it a lot from my first listen. We'll see how I feel about it after a few more spins.

Zekes!

The Raid 2 left me sweating. My buddy and I sat perfectly still in our seats until the credits were up and the lights came on and then just let out a long "yoooooooooooo"

Shy

Why no one told me the xbox s controller was smooth as fuck. I am so use to roughnecking controllers i didn't know how to act with the new new
Yeah. They're nice.
Wait until you squeeze and Elite, fam.
Unfortunately the Elite controller has some problems.

The rubber grips on the back will eventually come off, and they can't be put back on. And the internals are from a standard X1 controller. So you end up getting analogue drift.

I've got one and both things has happened to me.

I wanna get another X1 controller though, they're very nice.
The next one that i'm gonna get is the limited edition Lunar one.
I almost had to give someone their final countdown today shy. Ya'll was about to be reading about me in the news...

love intervened though and my crazy ass calmed down.

...after the car chase.
Good good. Don't the arseholes wear you down.
I see it now:
BCT Canadans: Hey, can we take over the BCT, eh?
Real BCT: No.
BCT Canadans: oh, sorry to bother you. Here's some syrup, again sorry to bother you.
6TSWkb8.gif

cap3pd.jpg

There's a reason the whole world knows about the Fourth of July and barely know Canada Day exists.
Yeah. There is a reason for that.

Because the US has spread it's empire over the planet, toppling democratic governments it didn't like.

Zekes!

Better than the first?

I would say they're both doing different things. Like part of what makes original Raid dope is that it's contained to this one apartment building. The Raid 2 feels more like a traditional action movie in this comparison as the movie goes through more locations. That said, it retains the action that you love about the original and ramps it up in some ways. It's definitely worth seeing. I haven't seen either since my original viewings (surprisingly). Need to watch them again before I can even start thinking about which I like better.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Do I need to watch Braveheart before it leaves Netflix tonight?

or maybe I should just rewatch Blazing Saddles

Yeah. They're nice.

Unfortunately the Elite controller has some problems.

The rubber grips on the back will eventually come off, and they can't be put back on. And the internals are from a standard X1 controller. So you end up getting analogue drift.

I've got one and both things has happened to me.

I wanna get another X1 controller though, they're very nice.
The next one that i'm gonna get is the limited edition Lunar one.

Mine is still good, I think... I've had it for 3 years now. I'm considering getting new one in custom colour via the Xbox design lab, event if my wallet takes a hit lol.

Shy

Mine is still good, I think... I've had it for 3 years now. I'm considering getting new one in custom colour via the Xbox design lab, event if my wallet takes a hit lol.
Cool Cool.

Does the standard X1 controller have those rubber grips the Elite's do. Or are they different ?
They don't rep Canada

Even Wolverine tried to pass as an Aussie

https://youtu.be/Q4d7TEvwznA?t=36
I remember seeing that on telly before going to school. LOL

The Raid 2 left me sweating. My buddy and I sat perfectly still in our seats until the credits were up and the lights came on and then just let out a long "yoooooooooooo"

The Raid 2 is more of a slow burn than the Raid 1. There's more story in the film and it's not confined to one setting. However, the action builds in a way few movies having even dared to. It results in one of the greatest climaxes of an action film ever, with the last act being some of the best martial arts I've seen on film.

Zekes!

The Raid 2 is more of a slow burn than the Raid 1. There's more story in the film and it's not confined to one setting. However, the action builds in a way few movies having even dared to. It results in one of the greatest climaxes of an action film ever, with the last act being some of the best martial arts I've seen on film.

Yeah that climax was something else

WHEW

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Yeah that climax was something else

WHEW

I think the story was simple, concise, and flowed better in the Raid.

The Raid 2 has action scenes that are some of the best put to film. The story rambles, though.

It looses its way in the middle. The last half of the Raid 2 is breathlessly amazing, however.

The fuck is going on in the biker vs. Apple motorist thread? There's actually arguments that she's no angel because she called him a entitled white prick while he called her a Cambodian nigger? This forum sometimes...

And the only way they even reach to that false equivalence is by completely ignoring that he honked off his horn on her and her daughter and called her a bitch multiple times.

Plus mister punch your girl is mucking about.

The fuck is going on in the biker vs. Apple motorist thread? There's actually arguments that she's no angel because she called him a entitled white prick while he called her a Cambodian nigger? This forum sometimes...

We had multiple people agree with someone who claimed she race-baited him.

Also one person said all racism is equal to them literally claiming she was as bad as him.

We had multiple people agree with someone who claimed she race-baited him.

Also one person said all racism is equal to them literally claiming she was as bad as him.

Looking forward to never seeing those same people in topics about the KKK, police brutality, racially motivated murder and terrorism or topics on the history or contemporary impact of racism on sections of the population. They're just the type to ignore race until acknowledging it is convenient for the sake of "calling out" minorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom