• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

Transformers was one of the dumbest blockbuster action movies I've seen in recent memory, even by Bay standards. I guess Revenge of the Fallen was still dumber. Anyway, I can certainly tell John Goodman and Anthony Hopkins had fun doing Last Knight.

brexit%2B1776.jpg

'

Bronx-Man

Banned
I have never hated and loved a character simultaneously like deadpool. It's crazy how many writers don't understand the character and write him as "Spider-Man, but with guns".

Kinda feeling the opposite on that opinion. I love Deadpool and I think there's a lot of writers that wrote him perfectly: Fabian Nicieza with Cable & Deadpool, Joe Kelly, Gail Simone, Rick Remender on X-Force, Gerry Duggan.

It's just that Daniel Way's run was SOOOOOOOOO bad. Like, christ.

Kinda feeling the opposite on that opinion. I love Deadpool and I think there's a lot of writers that wrote him perfectly: Fabian Nicieza with Cable & Deadpool, Joe Kelly, Gail Simone, Rick Remender on X-Force, Gerry Duggan.

It's just that Daniel Way's run was SOOOOOOOOO bad. Like, christ.
Is there a single video game that has deadpool written correctly? The best I can come up with is MvC 3. Every other incarnation just adapts the wacky 4th wall breaking deadpool done by a Daniel Way.

Faustek

Someone name me a film with melee fights comparable to the Raid. I need more of that in my life.

Headshot
Jailbreak the movie, haven't watched this one yet though. The bds should be coming sooner than later.
Trailer for it. https://youtu.be/WUXZZLu3900

Heck, I forgot about Max/Jin Zhang. His problem for being in Ip Man 3 as well. Donnie Yen and his duel there was awesome but I only remember Donnie :/

Anyway, just run his name and watch the movies with him. A taste of what that looks like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLZsM7DoEKE

This knock Muay Thai knock out messed me up fam

https://twitter.com/Sporf/status/881226902375088128

That's kinda brutal yes and really impressive.

Shy

Happy Canada day, Cana-fam.

Hope you guys have a great birthday weekend. 💗💗💗
Afternoon Fam
Good morning,
Mornin' everyone.
Mornin' all.
Evening all.
Canada doesn't deserve a day
C'mon Jandro. Don't be that way.
(Grumbles and walks around kicking things)

I'm so fucking mad. I want to punch a stranger. I want a fucking fight. I want to get knocked on my ass. I want excitement. I want a fight. The next person I see IRL I'm going to insult and tell ¡chinga tu madre!
Don't fucking start a fight with stranger IRL.

Get a punching bag instead. It'll help work of that stress.

Slayven

Any of you got the console versions of 7 Days to die?

They release a big patch a few days ago for it.

I got it on PC, almost brought the PS4 version yesterday. I heard the console versions were fun( if you like the type of game) but ran rough. I assume that is what the patch was for

Malyse

It's unfortunate that she was portrayed as a clueless psycho in Champions.
Champions is the worst execution of a brilliant concept. And I hate the art. If Wasp is really canned, Whitley and Elsa should get Champions.

I want to see Gwen written as a scary character. She should terrify people.

Malyse

Diversity and Comics and Comicstorian won't shut up about this comic pushing an agenda.
I mean, that's a pretty disingenuous way to look at it. It's more like they want to write something that's woke but they chose Mark Waid to write it, hardly the person I would chose for the diversity team book. Bendis could have done better. I sincerely hope that Whitley gets the book.

I think Champions is like America Chavez: a cool creation that needs a better writer to hit its full potential. Speaking of, you wanna talk about bad books? Let's talk about how America is the most disappointing book of 2017.

I mean, that's a pretty disingenuous way to look at it. It's more like they want to write something that's woke, but they chose Mark Waid to write it, hardly the person I would chose for the diversity team book. Bendis could have done better. I sincerely hope that Whitley gets the book.

Of course, I know you don't have a problem with this aspect of the comic.

Malyse

Of course, I know you don't have a problem with this aspect of the comic.
I legit don't feel like there's a real agenda being pushed. It's the same young revolutionaries that literally every generation ever has had. It's the Vietnam protests or Occupy Wall Street or Woodstock.

I legit don't feel like there's a real agenda being pushed. It's the same young revolutionaries that literally every generation ever has had. It's the Vietnam protests or Occupy Wall Street or Woodstock.

It's just clickbait nonsense to attract livid comic nerds on Youtube.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
So is there anything worth seeing in theaters besides WW and Guardians 2? I want to take my girl to see a flick tomorrow.

I was looking at All Eyez or Mummy...

EDIT:

My mans couldve easily countered but his stance was shit anyway.

Yeah, I was getting irritated with how he wasn't using his leg length advantage to bully the shorter guy, then the shorter guy move cancelled and performed a F F+K and I was like "OH HE KO'D HIM WITHOUT USING ANY METER FUUUUUUU"

So is there anything worth seeing in theaters besides WW and Guardians 2? I want to take my girl to see a flick tomorrow.

both of those are trash you'd have better luck just Baby Driver
or really roll the dice on "Beatriz at Dinner" which is said to be good but has a bad ending

LionPride

Banned

EDIT:

Yeah, I was getting irritated with how he wasn't using his leg length advantage to bully the shorter guy, then the shorter guy move cancelled and performed a F F+K and I was like "OH HE KO'D HIM WITHOUT USING ANY METER FUUUUUUU"
BABY DRIVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom