• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

its one thing to want to know what makes these folks tick, just remember that abyss looks back into you. A lot of the time arguing with certain of these folks is worse than a waste of time because their entire purpose is to engage you and harm you. It's not about communication, it's that pretending to communicate is the only way they can get close enough to you to throw up on your shoes.

Imm0rt4l

its one thing to want to know what makes these folks tick, just remember that abyss looks back into you. A lot of the time arguing with certain of these folks is worse than a waste of time because their entire purpose is to engage you and harm you. It's not about communication, it's that pretending to communicate is the only way they can get close enough to you to throw up on your shoes.

This important.

Like niggas will hang around 4chan ironically thinking that they aren't internalizing fuckshit. It happens.

Zekes!

I pulled the trigger and ended things with my girl. Now I'm sitting here feeling somber but relieved

I was gonna eat some ice cream but I oughta eat a proper dinner for my own health first

LionPride

Banned
You ever date someome, break up with em, then want them to never be in your life again because you realized how awful they are to be around? Like she was my best friend for three years

We date for six months

We break up, try to be friends, but mistake #1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 was her lying about my character to mutal friends of ours.

Then me realizing that she's over dramatic and overly fuckin petty

Then me realizing that I never want to talk to her ever EVER again because god damn she gets on my nerves now. Seeing her pisses me off knowing some of the shit that she's done

She just blech

From best friend to the girl I dislike the most from high school

Slayven

You ever date someome, break up with em, then want them to never be in your life again because you realized how awful they are to be around? Like she was my best friend for three years

We date for six months

We break up, try to be friends, but mistake #1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 was her lying about my character to mutal friends of ours.

Then me realizing that I never want to talk to her ever EVER again because god damn she gets on my nerves now. Seeing her pisses me off knowing some of the shit that she's done

She just blech

Did she say 808 wasn't a classic?

Imm0rt4l

We date for six months

She just blech

sounds like you was lost in the sauce mane

D i Z

Sometimes the call is coming from inside the house

And yet, people keep picking it up. ��
tumblr_n06vqi3VTS1s8adjoo1_500.gif

LionPride

Banned
Lol no

Just shit from the moment she fucking begged me to stay with her to me finding outshe told one of our friend's to not forgive a friend of mine over a simple misunderstanding because my ex disliked the girl

Just fucking hell she just makes me so angry now. I avoided any problems because we were friends

For fucks sake she ain't even fuckin cute! I just forced myself into thinking she was!

And like, the thing that annoys me the most and something I won't tell a lotta people, she basically told me to break up with the girl I was with before her because she wanted me and I bypassed that too!

I need to do better in college yall

We be going boom like an 808. boom baby, boom baby. Circles like a figure eight. Circles like a figure eiiighht. Feels good from head to toe. Now hold on to me baby here we go. You'll be goin' boom baby boom baby boom. And I'll be goin' ooh baby ooh baby ooh.

Order

Speaking of college, I just learned that out of all my roommates, I'll be the only black guy.

Not really feeling that.

Imm0rt4l

So if trump is reversing all of obamas things. What If he removes the plan to put harriet tubman on the 20.

:(

I can't even be bothered, man. On one hand I love that it gets white people mad. On the other hand, you're putting this woman who freed slaves/people who were relegated to capital, on currency. There's an irony there. But I like to think that there's some (symbolic) victory, but is there really? I dunno.

Slayven

Lol no

Just shit from the moment she fucking begged me to stay with her to me finding outshe told one of our friend's to not forgive a friend of mine over a simple misunderstanding because my ex disliked the girl

Just fucking hell she just makes me so angry now. I avoided any problems because we were friends

For fucks sake she ain't even fuckin cute! I just forced myself into thinking she was!

And like, the thing that annoys me the most and something I won't tell a lotta people, she basically told me to break up with the girl I was with before her because she wanted me and I bypassed that too!

I need to do better in college yall

Sounds toxic as fuck, y'all should just block each other and call it a day

Imm0rt4l

Speaking of college, I just learned that out of all my roommates, I'll be the only black guy.

Not really feeling that.

I went to college in a PWI in a conservative and racist enclave in the Midwest. It's a good way to be disillusioned with whiteness, and appreciate POC/progressive though even more, let me tell you. Good luck
GET OUT

Faustek

That'll never happen. They'll just move out as if I give a fuck, good riddens. Few times people have moved in the area to find out more than ONE black family lives there and they move away. White people always making issues for themselves.

I'm around Mitchell Cove area when I'm back in Cali... But its still very bad when it comes to the homeless population, I'm really fucking disappointed in it, because it brings back horrible memories. Theres only so much I can do you know. I got three hometowns. Trying my best to work on the youth of NOLA since its my true love fr fr.

Yepp, know that feel. More than one neger and people freak out.

That's sad to hear. Always remember my big sister talking like it was the place to be. Things where happening and if you wanted a future you should be there. She moved and has done good for herself but sad to hear not everyone could have a piece :/

If that were true, we'd have no problems.

That's bullshit. Sorry Diz but that is bullshit. Life is conflict and it's how you handle the conflict and walk away from it that matters. Doesn't matter if you're 50 or 15. Things will clash. If people really want it to be better. Call it out. Like every time someone gets to thirsty. Same applies for most of everything else.

Bronx-Man

Banned
The more I think about it, the more I realize I like Get Out because of how damn rare it just feels. Like, a sci-fi horror/thriller starring a black lead, directed by a black man. Seriously, think about that for a moment. A film with a black lead that's not a romcom or a drama about slavery/segregation/life in the hood/etc. Just a weird-ass movie with a black lead and director.

I can't even describe how important that feels to me. There are so many black directors I love but they always make stuff that always goes back into the same 3 types of movies! But here's a movie where we finally just get to do weird shit! I love that, having a brother in a genre flick that's not just a token character or whatever. What I mean is like, we're never gonna see an Edgar Wright movie with a black lead or a Wes Anderson film or whatever. But Jordan Peele? Dude is set for life after Get Out, which means he's gonna hold it down for the rest of us.

Keep in mind this is also a big reason why I'm so excited for Black Panther to come out. I just want more weird as hell movies starring....y'know, us.

Shy

Kyoto summers are like breathing swamp water, but at least the office is air-conditioned.
Goodness.

I really can't stand humidity.
That would be really funny if it wasn't true.
Build a time machine, go back in time 20 years, and somehow keep "conservative media" from becoming a thing
Nah. You'd have to go back to when Nixon and Kissinger courted the religious right in the 70s.

We date for six months

She just blech

I mean, this'll happen in life with friends and lovers, they do come and go. So long as you can learn to separate yourself from the drama and grow, you'll be aight. And if you care to find the one or let the one find you when you're at that point in you're life, you'll be cool.

The more I think about it, the more I realize I like Get Out because of how damn rare it just feels. Like, a sci-fi horror/thriller starring a black lead, directed by a black man. Seriously, think about that for a moment. A film with a black lead that's not a romcom or a drama about slavery/segregation/life in the hood/etc. Just a weird-ass movie with a black lead and director.

I can't even describe how important that feels to me. There are so many black directors I love but they always make stuff that always goes back into the same 3 types of movies! But here's a movie where we finally just get to do weird shit! I love that, having a brother in a genre flick that's not just a token character or whatever. What I mean is like, we're never gonna see an Edgar Wright movie with a black lead or a Wes Anderson film or whatever. But Jordan Peele? Dude is set for life after Get Out, which means he's gonna hold it down for the rest of us.

Keep in mind this is also a big reason why I'm so excited for Black Panther to come out. I just want more weird as hell movies starring....y'know, us.

I still haven't seen Get Out yet, is it still in theaters?

D i Z

That's bullshit. Sorry Diz but that is bullshit. Life is conflict and it's how you handle the conflict and walk away from it that matters. Doesn't matter if you're 50 or 15. Things will clash. If people really want it to be better. Call it out. Like every time someone gets to thirsty. Same applies for most of everything else.

Normally under other circumstances I would agree with you. But the nature of these specific conflicts can all be chalked up to immaturity. We're not talking about thirst pics or anime beef.

RedSwirl

Tripped over a power cord and bent the prongs for my laptop charger. And last time I checked Dell wants $90 for these things. Should I just bend them back and hope I don't burn my house down?

D i Z

Tripped over a power cord and bent the prongs for my laptop charger. And last time I checked Dell wants $90 for these things. Should I just bend them back and hope I don't burn my house down?

Might as well. It's always worked for me.

Ain't nobody cancelling shit.

We're getting Netflix money to keep this show rolling. Shorter seasons, better content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom