• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

I think the funniest thing is I've been in that thread for ages and they all just go off on hypotheticals of being excommunicated from conversations with black folk because they're white, and not listened to because they're white, or told to shut up because they're white.

Meanwhile I'm in there and no one is telling me to shut up... I wonder what's different? I guarantee you most of those guys have no idea I'm white.
Right? Good on you though, cuz I ain't got it in me to deal right now. People on the margins of society tend to have a better grasp of this, because for us it's not just hypoteticals and theory craft, it's lived experiences. We know not to center white men in conversations to uplift marginalized people. Hell, as a cishet black man whose been around activist circles, I understand when women of color or queer/trans folks do not want my presence or opinion. Sometimes being an ally is simply knowing when to stay in your lane and shut the fuck up.

D i Z

Right? Good on you though, cuz I ain't got it in me to deal right now. People on the margins of society tend to have a better grasp of this, because for us it's not just hypoteticals and theory craft, it's lived experiences. We know not to center white men in conversations to uplift marginalized people. Hell, as a cishet black man whose been around activist circles, I understand when women of color or queer/trans folks do not want my presence or opinion. Sometimes being an ally is simply knowing when to stay in your lane and shut the fuck up.

The most cutting thing some of these people can imagine happening to themselves is being told to shut the fuck up and not attract attention to themselves.

Well said.

And i do what I can. :)

Slayven

cosigned

Mizerman

*Thumbs up*

Malyse

princess_party.jpg

"On June 17, 2007, after a match which saw Yinling and TAJIRI lose to Muta the Great and RG, Muta held Yinling down and spat his green mist into her vagina. The green mist apparently contained Muta's sperm and caused Yinling to become pregnant. Yinling would give birth to an egg in the middle of the ring and eventually the egg hatched into 514-pound wrestler Monster Bono."

"On June 17, 2007, after a match which saw Yinling and TAJIRI lose to Muta the Great and RG, Muta held Yinling down and spat his green mist into her vagina. The green mist apparently contained Muta's sperm and caused Yinling to become pregnant. Yinling would give birth to an egg in the middle of the ring and eventually the egg hatched into 514-pound wrestler Monster Bono."

What?

I remember someone linking that in WrassleGAF a while ago.

If you would've swapped out their names with WWE wrestlers, people would've believed Vince greenlighted it.

And these people unwittingly make the case for us not wanting them in our spaces and conversations. They're oblivious, and that also goes for the black/poc posters who always come out the woodwork to defend white male hegemony. Because they need protection, clearly.

The sunken place aint easy to escape bruh.

Slayven

BabyAkebono.jpg

So, when Doomfist releases for consoles...I'm gonna have my main. I mean come on!! Hand cannon, rocket punch, Shoryuken and METEOR STRIKE!!

*Single tear rolls down left eye.*

He's perfect.

Zekes!

So, when Doomfist releases for consoles...I'm gonna have my main. I mean come on!! Hand cannon, rocket punch, Shoryuken and METEOR STRIKE!!

*Single tear rolls down left eye.*

He's perfect.

Yeah I'm wondering if that shit combos. Rocket punch to DP to meteor strike/seismic slam

LionPride

Banned
When ya schedule is all Chem, Com Sci(With a horrible teacher), Calc(I dropped outta Calc during my seniir year), and Engineer's Physics

jwk94

Friend's been watching prank shows on YouTube and now he wants me to start one up with him. I swear he's trying to get me killed.

He doesn't seem to understand why I'm saying no either.

akira28

Africa needs to throw off all names and borders and redefine itself. Then declare revenge war on the rest of the planet, and take it over.

Co-Signed in this motherfucking Church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom