• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

CNN is shaking the shit out of the Putin tree with their exposé.

It is telling that they do it while Trump and his cabinet of ill repute are out of the country and tied up though.

cinco

Spidey was dope. Ol boy is a really good Peter Parker. It always does amaze me that British actors turn on American accents and I can't tell the difference - especially with all the high pitched kinda nerdy thing Pete does throughout the film. Keaton was also a good villian with an actual understandable motivation. Solid A film - go see them shits.

D i Z

Anyone ever been so stressed out they stop eating is always tired and find themselves unable to sleep?

Yeah. And I'll tell you now to power through it and work on eating, sleeping and letting that other shit go. Whatever is plaguing you isn't going to evaporate. But it will get into your bad habits and turn your world upside down. When you eat, you'll feel better. When you sleep, you'll feel better. Do those things first, and tackle the rest when you have strength to do it.

Johndoey

Banned
Homecoming is great, easily tied with Spider-Man 1 for second best Spider-Man movie.

It takes a lot of inspiration from Ultimate Spider-Man in the best way possible. How Peter interacts with his friends, his motivations, how he responds to situations.

Keaton is right up there with Defoe for fantastic Comic book movie villains.

Has a fantastic end credit sequence, not as good as GoTGs, but good.

Zendaya was hilarious.

Minor Spoilers
Peter has a built in A.I that seems to have a thing for him. I hope against hope it goes full 2099

D i Z

I keep thinking how far they could have gone to break the internet. Would a Black aunt May on top of all of the cultural updates do it?

I've been rewatching American Horror Story Coven and I think a show about Marie, her crew, and Queenie would've been a lot cooler. Angela Basset is the best thing about that season.

10000% agree with you, I was very disappointed in what Coven could have been but it was still good to me. Angela Basset is a bamf queen. mmhmm

10000% agree with you, I was very disappointed in what Coven could have been but it was still good to me. Angela Basset is a bamf queen. mmhmm

Yeah, it's still entertaining, but it's barely horror at all. More teeny-boppery. I would dig a full voo-doo show that's about her killing racist white people, cleaning the hood, and giving tributes to Papa Legba.

Bronx-Man

Banned
This is probably the most random thing to take away from Homecoming, but I kinda marked out seeing one of the hallways had a big ol' portrait of James Baldwin.

This is probably the most random thing to take away from Homecoming, but I kinda marked out seeing one of the hallways had a big ol' portrait of James Baldwin.

Also random, I am fucking staggered that Marvel "We need everybody even Republicans to buy our shit" had a slap it on the table bit about slavery (that was stupid funny).

To those who saw Spider-Man, was the marvel studios influence evident?

Oh this is the most Feige ass movie.

I'm 11 minutes in the first episode of Castlevania. Damn, this shit looks like it's not going to be any better than a random anime I click on. What the fuck is up with Dracula? Speak the fuck up! You a grown ass man. Use your voice.

So apparently one of my roommates is gonna pay for my ticket to see Spidey when he found out I was originally bowing out because of a lack of money. Damn.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom