• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
There's so much better stuff HBO could've greenlighted. Like, has there ever been a movie or series about the Haitian Revolution? Get on that.

Or, you know, just make an actual Civil War drama about one of the black units and how they excelled in the face of overwhelming adversity.

Nah better them negroes be in chains to give some shock value. Oh lord, it's a treatise on current race relations in America, how novel .

akira28

Mankind wants to have its Civil War slavery fan fiction. I wonder if they'll extrapolate how the Confederate Alliance would affect Britain. It's possible that WW1 may not have ever happened, and that the Irish Rebellion may have happened sooner and had a different outcome. I'm sure they'll have some fun making their alt-history.

They're just asking questions and having a conversation though...

Or, you know, just make an actual Civil War drama about one of the black units and how they excelled in the face of overwhelming adversity.

Nah better them negroes be in chains to give some shock value.

They actually worked to suppress that info. Can't be having an HBO GOT style tv drama about it. Might change the way people think. Especially if it's all true.

Especially showing a bunch of free blacks and former slaves capturing Richmond and setting it ablaze...might put a real damper on that Confederate pride.

Young Magus

Hart's cheating on his pregnant wife and Usher gave a woman Herpes and paid her to keep silent, allegedly or whatever

This isn't the first wife he cheated on IIRC

EDIT:

There's so much better stuff HBO could've greenlighted. Like, has there ever been a movie or series about the Haitian Revolution? Get on that.

Or the East Coast V. West Coast Rap Beef
Or the connection between Nikkas and Anime
Or Nikkas and Comics

akira28

I guess I need to read the latest stories on this, but I'm starting to wonder what Europeans might have been like pre-colonialism. Like, during the Middle Ages.

Have I shared my theory yet as to what's happening globally with races and such? About how some other regions of the world seem to be slowly but steadily approaching an economic and developmental equilibrium with the west that probably existed in the times before industrialization and colonialism and the west is starting to react to that?

I am willing to bet there are all kinds of social engineers finding context and pushing it forward for the rest of the world to use as a lens. Like all those years where Malthusianism was the jam, I guess the 60s and 70s, and elite academia was sure overpopulation was going to kill us all. So it was a good thing that people were starving in Africa and dying of unknown diseases because it maintained an equilibrium they were comfortable with. Luckily there were other dissenting schools of thought. Can you imagine the kinds of discussions these super-elites would have about economics? Not to mention the wherewithal and the means to destabilize any one of these small fenced in nations to turn it into their guinea pig plaything.

Young Magus

Yo a god damn HBO series instead of that failed cinematic universe about 90's hip hop would be aces. I'd watch.

A six parter:
1.) Pre '92 Gangsta Rap, Politcal Rap and events and issues that lead to....
2.) L.A Riots, G-Funk, Death Row and the Rise of the West Coast. 93 in general
3.) '94 East Coast comeback and THEE Source Awards moment that takes us to.....
4.) The beginning of East V. West and the fall out of midwest Artist caught in the middle.
5.) The end of E V. W and post Pac/Big deaths.
6.) No Limit/ Pen-and-Pixel Album Covers

Nintendo tryna get people to pay them money to use voice chat

tenor.gif

Faustek

I am willing to bet there are all kinds of social engineers finding context and pushing it forward for the rest of the world to use as a lens. Like all those years where Malthusianism was the jam, I guess the 60s and 70s, and elite academia was sure overpopulation was going to kill us all. So it was a good thing that people were starving in Africa and dying of unknown diseases because it maintained an equilibrium they were comfortable with. Luckily there were other dissenting schools of thought. Can you imagine the kinds of discussions these super-elites would have about economics? Not to mention the wherewithal and the means to destabilize any one of these small fenced in nations to turn it into their guinea pig plaything.

Try talking to a Danish that knows enough to sound like an idiot.
Why Hitler was wrong in what he did. The racial studies was meant to create an Utopia where the white man was acting like a beacon of knowledge to teach and lead the lesser races into the future.

I mean, listen to yourself.

we got on it like once or twice when we were playing tekken.

Ah yeah, I'll beat your rati backside in Tekken this weekend then.
I still suck

https://media.tenor.com/images/0489fb2f025d80cb993ac1e2712682fa/tenor.gif/IMG][/QUOTE]

On top of that other fee or baked in?

The voice chat app is going to be a for pay app when they go into production for their online service in January.

So you pay to play online and then pay even more if you want to use voice chat on an app that doesn't actually work.

It's two thousand and god damn seventeen. I can download Discord directly to my phone and go into a group call for free within 45 seconds.

Shy

The voice chat app is going to be a for pay app when they go into production for their online service in January.

So you pay to play online and then pay even more if you want to use voice chat on an app that doesn't actually work.

It's two thousand and god damn seventeen. I can download Discord directly to my phone and go into a group call for free within 45 seconds.
Yeah. It's unacceptable, and indefeasible.

The truly depressing thing is though, i didn't expect any better from them.

D i Z

tenor.gif

Honestly feel that this is to decentivize people from using it, not to incentivize them. Nintendo is constantly trying to turn back the clock so that they don't have to compete. That's why they won't court third party seriously. Won't be outshined, out designed and out sold on their own system. And they might be onto something. Just look at the hoops that people are jumping thru to say this is reasonable only to later back off and say they would never use it anyway. They cater to a particular bunch more then any other company producing gaming hardware.

Faustek

Yeah. It's unacceptable, and indefeasible.

The truly depressing thing is though, i didn't expect any better from them.

It's not confusing. You have the true Nintendo fans like us willing to stick with them through what others perceive to be a mistake (it's not deal with it) and those willing to jump at their throats with this "criticism". Really shows you who the true fans are.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=243922818

I'll still bust the Vinyl of Bad on occasion and bust into the Smooth Criminal dance set. Shit's in my souuuuul.

It's only 10 tracks so it's not that much of a time consumption to bust through it, imo.

Any reason? Not a fan? Just listen to singles/#1s mainly?

I've listened to everything of his.

That's all I heard growing up. By the time I started to listen to stuff on my own it's overwhelming.There's just too much music out there. I'm trying to listen to stuff this year, and different genres and for whatever reason I ran into Ben first.

I love listening to music and talking about it, but yeah it's a lot. I don't think I've listened to the entire discographies of most of the popular artists I enjoy. Erykah Badu, Aaliyah, and that's it.

LotusHD

Banned

tenor.gif

Knew they was gonna throw that goodwill away the moment they announced they was gonna do this app shit lol

Even when people started warming to the Switch despite it lacking other features, I'm just thinking to myself, "That online app not here yet tho"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom