• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
Nintendo.

Wait what? T

Don't remember what happened there.
After cotton mouth died
I felt like the series started taking weird turns. The introduction of Diamond back was interesting but badly handled.

That is literally what I was referring to haha

Malyse

I'm going to skip Blue Reflection unless they censor the fuck outta it. My internal paedowarning senses is telling me to dodge it. Pity that there's still not a good magical girl game. That and a sentai game seem so fucking obvs.

Numb

I'm going to skip Blue Reflection unless they censor the fuck outta it. My internal paedowarning senses is telling me to dodge it. Pity that there's still not a good magical girl game. That and a sentai game seem so fucking obvs.

I'm just gonna guess it's a Vita game

Faustek

No, that's the best Disney movie. Also, how the fuck did we go from Luke Cage to Disney?

Because that's what Diamond Back is. A shitty hunchback running around yelling "I'm Luke Cage" while punching people. That was shit. They have a perfect villain to use. Mariah. Yes I acknowledge that she needed to cook and the plan is to use her for season 2 but with how bad the Diamond Back scenario was. Nah they could have focused more on her and ignored him.

Because that's what Diamond Back is. A shitty hunchback running around yelling "I'm Luke Cage" while punching people. That was shit. They have a perfect villain to use. Mariah. Yes I acknowledge that she needed to cook and the plan is to use her for season 2 but with how bad the Diamond Back scenario was. Nah they could have focused more on her and ignored him.

Nah, Numb and Shy agree with me. He was a 70s blaxploitation villain. How do you equate Quasi to that and not many of the 70s blaxploitation villains?

Faustek

Nah, Numb and Shy agree with me. He was a 70s blaxploitation villain. How do you equate Quasi to that and not many of the 70s blaxploitation villains?

Because everything isn't Disney.

They did it right with Luke, acknowledged the blaxplotation but made him more of today and even there they where way to light with him. He is more of a BLM supporter than this luke warm presentation. Still good but missing.
Blaxplotation was a thing. We don't need to make it again. While going back to the seventies can be fun for a movie we don't need it for a whole series. If not we could have let Tarantino fuck it up.

Btw I love the comics with Diamond Back but I don't need them again.

Slayven

It's not confusing. You have the true Nintendo fans like us willing to stick with them through what others perceive to be a mistake (it's not deal with it) and those willing to jump at their throats with this "criticism". Really shows you who the true fans are.

l6pda3nmsbe4adbhybmn.png
Walmart

LotusHD

Banned

That wouldn't have necessarily been bad, if not for the fact that the rest of the show wasn't really trying to go full blaxpoitation. As a result, Diamondback sticks out like a sore thumb, and not in a way where you just gladly roll with it. Was very jarring. Also the reveal
of him being Luke's long lost brother was just dumb. Also where the hell is all his men! I swear he just took Cottonmouth's men and called it a day.

Can't just not let us know who posted that lmao

D i Z

That wouldn't have necessarily been bad, if not for the fact that the rest of the show wasn't really trying to go full blaxpoitation. As a result, Diamondback sticks out like a sore thumb, and not in a way where you just gladly roll with it. Was very jarring. Also the reveal
of him being Luke's long lost brother was just dumb. Also where the hell is all his men! I swear he just took Cottonmouth's men and called it a day.

Can't just not let us know who posted that lmao

Thought we were all on the same page of not inviting dumb people to the party with those invitations. If you name em, you claim that clap back for yourself.

Malyse

Why are there bathing scenes in this game?

Because pedophiles in training tend to have plenty of disposable income, so why not pander to them for a few bucks? It's all fictional so fuck it, right?

I was willing to overlook that since it's less explicit than Parasite Eve 2, but I have a breaking point. Plus I heard the game isn't even that good (story or gameplay) so T__T
I mean, that's to be expected

I was holding out hope. Not every Magical Girl series is pandering. Precure for example.

ApharmdX

Banned

Is that really a loli-JRPG? My wife sent this to me innocently, wondering if it would be a good present for our 12yo daughter, since it's so pretty and has school drama. Ugh. I guess I dodged a bullet.

Malyse

Is that really a loli-JRPG? My wife sent this to me innocently, wondering if it would be a good present for our 12yo daughter, since it's so pretty and has school drama. Ugh. I guess I dodged a bullet.

I mean, not really?

Code:
[IMG]http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Blue-Reflection-Ann-Fami_08-23-16_002.jpg[/IMG]

That's the protagonist character.

RedSwirl

I was thinking the same thing. When I first heard about Persona 3 back in the day I realized they'd thought up a good formula for making games out of the high-school-student-hero-team motif, and JRPGs in general seem to have ripped off the high school sim relentlessly. Yet, nobody has really made that definitive Sailor Moon game. Closest thing we've got to Sentai is Chroma Squad which is actually an RPG about people who are trying to film a Sentai show.

I guess the problem is almost no JRPG developer has the budget to try that kind of game without having to rely on otaku money. Persona is pretty much the only thing that's just beginning to blow up enough to get above all that (mostly).

Malyse

I was thinking the same thing. When I first heard about Persona 3 back in the day I realized they'd thought up a good formula for making games out of the high-school-student-hero-team motif, and JRPGs in general seem to have ripped off the high school sim relentlessly. Yet, nobody has really made that definitive Sailor Moon game. Closest thing we've got to Sentai is Chroma Squad which is actually an RPG about people who are trying to film a Sentai show.

I guess the problem is almost no JRPG developer has the budget to try that kind of game without having to rely on otaku money. Persona is pretty much the only thing that's just beginning to blow up enough to get above all that (mostly).

All I want is:

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwBWSeMCEAEzQpD.jpg:large[/IMG]
Magical Girl Monster Hunter
or

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBmXmlSWsAAbf60.jpg:large[/IMG]
Pretty Cure Musou.

Precure Musou is the most requested anime adaptation. Precure is insanely popular. Precure has really good fights. But I can't even get the English Blu Rays, let alone a got damn game.

Faustek

Do people really use the built in voice chat in these systems? Not defending Nintendo but are people really doing so? Voice is way to gargled for my taste.
Always used something else but that was on PC. Barely play multiplayer on consoles... Why Numb has to invite and fix group in Tekken for me to play. I feel like Fred Flintstone in this regard :)

Do people really use the built in voice chat in these systems? Not defending Nintendo but are people really doing so? Voice is way to gargled for my taste.
Always used something else but that was on PC. Barely play multiplayer on consoles... Why Numb has to invite and fix group in Tekken for me to play. I feel like Fred Flintstone in this regard :)

Its why I only use voice on PC, has always been more clear than consoles IMO, be it vent, teamspeak, discord.

Faustek

Florida man calls cops about his stolen cocaine :| Wonder how high he was.

Its why I only use voice on PC, has always been more clear than consoles IMO, be it vent, teamspeak, discord.

Yepp, plus having a ventrilo server for 15 years for free was nice. Friend used to work for Sunnet so that was nice.

D i Z

I voice chat on consoles (ps4) all the time. In fact, quite a bit while I play other shit while whoever I'm chatting to is doing their thing in another game.

-----

In other news, Casey Hudson is back to lead Bioware for those that are concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom