• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
"I'M LUKE CAGE" was the DUMBEST shit lol

LOL

I liked Luke Cage a lot *shrugs*. It was dumb and goofy just like it should have been.

Nah, Diamondback made it too goofy. If that was the mood that was set from the jump, then that would be a different story. But the way they did it just made Diamondback so damn jarring. That said, he did have a few good lines lol

Misty Knight's partner and Shades was the low key MVPs

No lies detected, especially regarding Shades. Dude just wanted to rise above all the foolishness.

And regarding him in the elevator later on in the show, who cheered when
he actually didn't end up dying when they tried to kill him lol?

Zekes!

Busted throw these shows trying to catch up. Need to get into the handmaid's tale.

I got some shows to catch up on too.

I finally watched the original The Thing tonight though. I've absorbed so much of the movie through popular culture osmosis, so it's felt like I've already seen it, but it was nice to finally actually see it.

Shy

So Dunkirk earlier.

Top tier stuff. I don't like doing numbers for reviews. but i'd give it a 8.5 or a 9.0.

If you can go to see it IMAX. Please do so, it's well worth the extra cost.
See I have always pitied him, seen him as a dude who lost his way cus of fucked up shit. I am guessing cus I am away from the US I don't see the racist cunts using it as their shit. Didn't know about the sniper shit.
Also there a police departments that put that fucking skull on their patrol car bonnets.
Morning beautiful people.
Morning fam.
Can we least agree the dude playing Luke Cage is the most wooden actor ever?
I like him. And think he's a good actor.
Saw Dunkirk instead of it. Think I made a good call.
It's so fucking good.

Me and my friends watched Singham Returns yesterday and that movie did not disappoint. I love how all the shoot outs on the movie were shot like it was a Time Crisis level.
b685y.gif

giphy.gif

b68u3.gif

Episode 3 I think?
Ol' Dude just blew up Luke's apartment building.

I mean, I suppose it's not bad. The actor who plays Luke is Fine. As. Fuck, and I like the old school noir performance. But, I suppose it's just not sinking up with the hype for me yet.

lol I agree Luke is a very handsome dude. Just keep watching, I think this show is worth your time unlike stupid Iron Fist

Slayven

Shit is getting real with that shooting, the police chef quit, the mayor lost control of the press conference.

Cop's neighbor coming "He was never shit"

LionPride

Banned
You never realize how much you ain't do shit in high school until you are taking a few summer classes in a summer program that don't count but show how ain't shit you are

Lowkey happy I didn't get accepted to any of my schools I wanted to get into shit.

Zekes!

You never realize how much you ain't do shit in high school until you are taking a few summer classes in a summer program that don't count but show how ain't shit you are

Lowkey happy I didn't get accepted to any of my schools I wanted to get into shit.

There's lots of shit I wished I paid more attention to in school, now that I'm an adult. Like French is compulsory here up until Grade 9, and I wish I took it seriously as a kid, because it's handy knowing multiple languages.

There's lots of shit I wished I paid more attention to in school, now that I'm an adult. Like French is compulsory here up until Grade 9, and I wish I took it seriously as a kid, because it's handy knowing multiple languages.

Thats the same thing with me. Same thing with math — just did the bare minimum in high school. Didn't even take it in grade 12.

As soon as it wasn't a required course, I was gone. My grade 11/12 high school years were almost all English and Art courses with a whole lot of open blocks

That was the path I took as well. In grade 11, I tried to branch out so I took this computer engineering class....didn't go so well, but at least I got a passing grade and credit. During that time I was starting to figure out what I wanted to do in post secondary so I just focused on the required courses.

Zekes!

That was the path I took as well. In grade 11, I tried to branch out so I took this computer engineering class....didn't go so well, but at least I got a passing grade and credit. During that time I was starting to figure out what I wanted to do in post secondary so I just focused on the required courses.

I really thought I was gonna go to art school after high school but my love for drawing got zapped in the years afterwards

now I find myself in a completely unrelated field and university major

Y'all need to stop talking shit about Luke Cage. That's black excellence 2017! along with all the other black shit that dropped.

That long ass post is pretty funny Rayven.

Malyse

Hell Teacher Nube has some messed up moments.
I'm reading a series about a man whose girlfriend got hit by a truck and died, so he adopted her previously unknown baby son who wouldn't stop crying for his mom, so he decided to crossdress and has continued doing so *for 8 years* and he's so attractive as a woman that guys keep hitting on him and then he meets a girl who hates male him but might be in love with female him. It's crazy.

And then there's domestic na kanajo which has the most insane first chapter of anything ever. Dude has a one night stand with a classmate who just wanted to know what sex felt like after he was rejected by his teacher, classmate tell him in no uncertain terms that she's not at all interested in him, only to end with his dad announcing he's getting remarried to the mother of his classmate and teacher. That's all in chapter 1.

Manga is like a crazy ass soap opera you can read.

And let's not even with anything by Oshimi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom