• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're playing around too! You leave, and I will hunt you down and make your GAF life miserable.

You think Devo has it bad? Wait till you see what random topics I construe to be about YOU!
Aw chill! My fault, though.

Reveangeance my gawd
Is it really that good? I tried the demo out and it was alright. I'm regretting waiting for a price drop as the days go by when seeing that most of my friends are playing it on PSN.

I should probably take the time to finish my backlog. I recently bought FFIX from that Square-Enix sale a few weeks ago because it's one of the only FF's that I've never played.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I knew the housing market was in for some shit when the house next door to us was sold for 90,000$.

Our house cost 35,000$.

Then the one across the street went for 120,000$.

The houses next to it are worth 40,000 and 38,000, respectively.

The next door to us house owner ended up just ditching her house and taking the default.

I'm still deciding on what to do.

Bought my townhouse for 100k.
2 other townhouses on my block foreclosed. Both went for under 65k.

My home is valued at around 63k.

I'm under by over 30k.

Stay and pay off a 93k mortgage on an underwater house, or walk away and start over, with crappy credit?

*strugglin*

what? that was clearly a dude.

jayedavidson.jpg

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

I'm under by over 30k.

Stay and pay off a 93k mortgage on an underwater house, or walk away and start over, with crappy credit?

*strugglin*

I think you should stick it out bro. That bad credit shit, especially with a defaulted mortgage etc. on your report aint nothing to fuck with period.

I'm under by over 30k.

*strugglin*

Have you refinanced? Did you get any of the 30k lowered through that government program?

Maybe it's just becuase I'm in California where people are under hundreds of thousands, but 30K ain't so bad.

edit: You gotta think long term. If you default no one is lending you money for shit for 7 years at minimum. Talk to a realtor in your area to see if they think your place will appreciate 30k in 7 years or so. It's almost never a good idea to walk away from a mortgage especially if you can afford the monthly payment.

Slayven

Have you refinanced? Did you get any of the 30k lowered through that government program?

Maybe it's just becuase I'm in California where people are under hundreds of thousands, but 30K ain't so bad.

Cali real estate is crazy. My house which is 118k would probably be half a mil there. Even more in parts of Canada

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Not I, I love my sweet tea too much. But I wouldn't mind living in Oregon or Washington somewhere. I love cold damp places.

I WAS going to make a warm and moist joke, but I live in Minnesota. :-|

EDIT:

Oh, and in response. My first refi fell through. I need to try again. I know that 30k isn't that much compared to folks who had half million dollar homes that took a dump. However, 30k is still thirty thousand dollars, which isn't something that I can just pay off in a year or two. Plus keep in mind that I'd want to make repairs on the house. A fan in the bathroom. Finishing the basement. Repairing a damaged part of a hallway wall. Remodeling the kitchen. These are all things that I'd want to do if I decide to stay here for several more years. That will cost thousands of dollars, but won't necessarily raise the value of my hope to a point where it will be worth selling.

Slayven

I swear more people take about girls than actually watch it. It is reaching Breaking Bad and The Wire levels of shut the fuck up for me.

I swear more people take about girls than actually watch it. It is reaching Breaking Bad and The Wire levels of shut the fuck up for me.

Breaking Bad is filled with great subtle stuff worth talking about, The Wire has lots of metaphors through out it's 5 seasons....Girls is a high production value sitcom.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Rich white people problems. We don't want SmokeyDave to come in here and tell us how the struggle went down in his neck of the woods.

Gotcha.

How about I restate.

It's Sex and the City with younger, less attractive people.

Gotcha.

How about I restate.

It's Sex and the City with younger, less attractive people.

Quite a feat when you think about it.

That doesn't bother me, lots of people cite that as something refreshing about the show. What is weird is that the romantic aspect of the show is the same as 'pretty people in a big city' type show.

The unattractive main character is all but beating men away with a stick. The older looking friend is married, sure. Her 'pretty friend' is struggling to get over her ex, believable. And the virgin last I saw was too crazy for a relationship, I get that. It's not hard to see who is writing these scripts.

edit: The last episode I saw tried to make the viewer feel bad for her 'pretty friend' for not being able to find work. Constantly being told 'you're young and pretty, you'll be fine' that poor girl! It's like discrimination you guys...oh what she easily gets a job a few days later...nevermind, they were right. Go fuck yourself.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I don't think she's sub jessica parker but I still haven't watched the show. Could be the character she plays destroys any physical attractiveness she has. I only saw her in an interview on the Daily Show.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Not I, I love my sweet tea too much. But I wouldn't mind living in Oregon or Washington somewhere. I love cold damp places.

i used to love living in oregon. then the area my grandmother was staying in started to get industrialized, and now i dont care for it anymore.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I don't think she's sub jessica parker but I still haven't watched the show. Could be the character she plays destroys any physical attractiveness she has. I only saw her in an interview on the Daily Show.

That's pretty much it. Where you could tolerate the the Sex and the City crew's shallowness due to the kitch, comedy, and charisma of the actresses, the Girls crew just doesn't exude any charisma. They're just nasty little cretins that soak up trust funds that could be better spent on more noble endeavors... such as adding to the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota.

Another thing.

Lena (main character/writer for Girls) has the chubby girl pose DOWN.

hand near face to hide some chubbiness, hunched over to cover stomach, knees together with feet apart to show off chicken legs in hopes to throw people off.

She must have gotten lessons.

Is it really that good? I tried the demo out and it was alright. I'm regretting waiting for a price drop as the days go by when seeing that most of my friends are playing it on PSN.

I should probably take the time to finish my backlog. I recently bought FFIX from that Square-Enix sale a few weeks ago because it's one of the only FF's that I've never played.
If my friend hadn't given me a free copy a day before it launched, I would've ended up paying full price for it. And it would've been worth every single penny.

Slayven

Another thing.

Lena (main character/writer for Girls) has the chubby girl pose DOWN.

hand near face to hide some chubbiness, hunched over to cover stomach, knees together with feet apart to show off chicken legs in hopes to throw people off.

She must have gotten lessons.
How am them titties?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Signing the lease to my first real independent (not owned by a family member) place with my girlfriend tonight. I have no credit or rental history (just paid rent to family) but we got approved because of her rental history and job (she's a financial adviser). Which is good because I don't know the first fucking thing about debt, credit or finance. I haven't made any screw-ups but I really don't know what I'm doing either. I guess a clean slate is good but it's shit that no credit is worse than bad credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom