• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's only one Popeye's in Minnesota, and they were closed for construction last time I went there. So KFC wins by attrition.

gE4tRj7.gif

If you have a Skype, hit Moris up.

Imm0rt4l

There's only one Popeye's in Minnesota, and they were closed for construction last time I went there. So KFC wins by attrition.

Just don't hit the face. That's all I ask.

I thought they didn't have popeyes out there. Didn't have it even once while I was living in Minneapolis.

What I missed more than popeyes was In n out. And I can't even eat that shit since I'm cutting. FML

I've never had Popeyes or Church's, but I'm pretty sure they would beat KFC easily.

My favorite fast food chicken is Long John Silvers though. On Mondays, they have all you can eat for 8 dollars.

so good.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I thought they didn't have popeyes out there. Didn't have it even once while I was living in Minneapolis.

What I missed more than popeyes was In n out. And I can't even eat that shit since I'm cutting. FML

There's one left, and they MIGHT still be open.

There used to be one in St. Paul, but it closed, and it ended up becoming... a bakery. WTF?
8BR2yV8zxJe4AK-640m.jpg

I live fairly close to Trung Nam, but I've never been there. For some reason, it just strikes me as odd - like going to Muhammad's Italian Cuisine. It doesn't sound right.

EDIT: Holy shit.

Popeyes, the second-largest U.S. fried chicken chain, is planning a major push into the Twin Cities at the expense of KFC, the nation's top chicken chain.

AFC Enterprises, Popeyes' suburban Atlanta-based parent, has agreed to buy 14 Twin Cities KFC outlets from a bankrupt KFC franchisee. The bid is expected to go before a bankruptcy judge for approval next month.

The deal would greatly boost Popeyes' Twin Cities profile -- it has only a lone outpost on Lake Street in south Minneapolis -- while taking a bite of KFC's market share. KFC's website indicates the chain has at least 40 restaurants in the Twin Cities, including the ones AFC plans to buy.

KFC, a unit of Louisville-based restaurant giant Yum Brands Inc., appears none too pleased with the Popeyes incursion. KFC "intends to make every effort to see that as many restaurants as possible continue to operate as KFC restaurants with the same employee teams but under new ownership," the company said.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just got in a wreck driving back from Dallas. Everyone is fine but looooool at this lady changing her tone when she realized she hit a government vehicle carrying six soldiers.

These gifs of him, I can't. Is he a video/cartoon game character?

Nah, he's a street ninja from the hard knock streets that is Forest Hills Toronto. What you know about hot having enough money to rent a Bentley for more than one day? What you know about them long nights of listening to rich people complain at charity events where the entry fee is $2,000. What you know about dat grind?! What you know about 5 bedroom 4 bathroom houses with 4 car garage for a family of 2? What you know about your chief being sick and having to fix your own meal?!

Aubrey knows about it.

#OVO!

Kreed

Speaking of GA, I came across a interview from field mob on YouTube and they were talking about how bad Ludacris is as a CEO and label head. For those of you who listen or follow southern rap was/is Luda really that bad? I know 2 chainz, Shawnaa and a few others used to be on his label and left but they didn't say anything bad about him. Chingy doesn't count.

I honestly can't think of one good "active" rapper/CEO in the industry. Most of the time, these rappers put their careers ahead of the artists they sign. Unless they fall back on their own careers (Dre, Bird Man, etc...) generally they are going to be terrible CEOs. And even for the exceptions like Dre and Bird Man, there's always one or two artists that haven't gotten any shine/a chance to shine due to mismanagement.

I honestly can't think of one good "active" rapper/CEO in the industry. Most of the time, these rappers put their careers ahead of the artists they sign. Unless they fall back on their own careers (Dre, Bird Man, etc...) generally they are going to be terrible CEOs. And even for the exceptions like Dre and Bird Man, there's always one or two artists that haven't gotten any shine/a chance to shine due to mismanagement.
Slim (Baby's Brother)was always the brains behind Cash Money and Young Money.

Onemic

What about 50 Cent?He had street cred(he got shot) and he was successful.

50 was the last dude to have 'street cred'. no one in the game has real street cred anymore. Gangsta rap is pretty much dead.

A lot of people do. Those people don't tend to be the ones buying the records and merch though so it doesn't matter either way.

Who does? What's the point of having street cred anyway, unless you're frontin about the shit you do?(*cough Rick Ross cough*) And even then no one really cares anymore and those that do are in the extreme minority. Studio gangsters are the new street cred. At the end of the day music is music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom