• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no one read the first post?

I ALWAYS read the first post. The thought of me going into a thread and not reading the first post, preposterous.

They should ban people who post in threads without reading the first post!

... yea, I may have not done so

That would be cool, anime/manga/and pop gaf in particular. Whatever came of that gafhop collab?

I posted in the gafhop podcast OT but eschaton hasn't said anything.

I was thinking of those exact communities, since they were slandered a bit in the last cast. We should start with popgaf.

Next general discussion is in two weeks, I have no idea who over there would be their rep.

I think my patience has ran out for that "privilege" thread. This rampant problem of "you're privileged" being used as an argument in its own right, yet my frequent requests for an example has netted exactly "0."

Seems like some people have just taken piss poor positions that they cannot support and they want at least one strawman to knock down. "Yea, well they're only using personal attacks to argue!!!!"

I think it's privileged to always demand published studies about everything a minority relays to you as their experience but like I said earlier I'm not touching that thread.

I was thinking of those exact communities, since they were slandered a bit in the last cast. We should start with popgaf.

Next general discussion is in two weeks, I have no idea who over there would be their rep.

If you want, I can ask. I've been posting in PopGAF recently.

ok this got me lol :

10. “Blue Ocean Floor” – SON….the fuck is this? Shit sounds like the soundtrack to dolphins givin birth in a lagoon n shit. This like some shit Wiz Khalifa do kegels in his warm soymilk baths to. You can almost see the winged dicks that swooped down from the sky to help son achieve this level of bitchifiedness. This some shit for n**gas who lay on blankets in the park n caress the grass n stare at the clouds n shit. This for n**gas who be gettin mad upset if you say some foul shit bout Beyonce namsayin. Top it all off its another joint that never ends…I had two naps in the middle of listenin to this muthafucka yo. Fuck outta here man…Unless you like marinatin ya vagina in yogurt to keep it soft there aint shit here for you b.

LMAO!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I think it's privileged to always demand published studies about everything a minority relays to you as their experience but like I said earlier I'm not touching that thread.

the funny thing is that even once studies are posted, people can't handle it and start coming up with excuses for why the study said what it said, or why the methodology was flawed, etc.

DominoKid

Damn yall slandered gafhop too? I want to hear it lol. What time spot? Cause i skipped around a lot.

I might be able to get on a podcast but its hard for me to nail a time down.

the funny thing is that even once studies are posted, people can't handle it and start coming up with excuses for why the study said what it said, or why the methodology was flawed, etc.

In that very thread after stump posted the studies about women asking for pay raises, someone in later posts talks about how women probably just aren't assertive enough. It was amusing.

Haha. There's that, too. And honestly, there's a time and place for exhaustive posts detailing the evidence, but sometimes I just want to call a spade a spade. Discussion should be fun, not this formal bullshit where every assertion needs to be supported by a bunch of links that will not get clicked.

OPs are going to be walls of text and then at the very bottom:

"At this time I would like to reserve several posts for rebuttal."

In that very thread after stump posted the studies about women asking for pay raises, someone in later posts talks about how women probably just aren't assertive enough. It was amusing.

Push the breast up higher, let the hair down and ask again, come on Devo! Sexism is like racism in 2013, it's only there if you look for it!

Satch

Banned
I WAVE A FEW BOTTLES THEN I WATCH EM ALL FLOCK
ALL THE GIRLS WANNA PLAY MONSTER HUNTER
I GOT A SWIMMING POOL FULL OF LIQUOR AND I DIIIIIVE IN IT
A POOL FULL OF LIQUOR AND I DIIIIIVE IN IT

Satch

Banned
tbh if youre going to ask someone make sure it's koodo, crumpet, nemesis, artemisia, or botty

they may not participate but if youre going to use popgaf those are the five that i think are the best representatives from the group

if youre not going to use one of them then you might as well not bother

mumei isnt really a good speaker for popgaf because he doesnt really like the music, and im not doing it because im just not doing it

also im bitter that you sluts didnt ask me to be a regular in the first place OL HATIN ASS NIGGAS

Slayven

tbh if youre going to ask someone make sure it's koodo, crumpet, nemesis, artemisia, or botty

they may not participate but if youre going to use popgaf those are the five that i think are the best representatives from the group

mumei isnt really a good speaker for popgaf because he doesnt really like the music, and im not doing it because im just not doing it

also im bitter that you sluts didnt ask me to be a regular in the first place OL HATIN ASS NIGGAS
I tried to tell them but Beef said it was his podcast and he ain't got to invite anybody cause he got a good nose.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

im sure they tried and failed. you intimidate some people satch

They wanted you as a regular before even me. What is this. Dy was like "where satch at, I want satch on these things" before each and every ep.

We tried Satch. You called us Carlton 'Soundscream' Banks and then when we got a little something and rolled with Devo you're ready to pull a Jill Scott.

You really should join us for at least one conversation, Devo ain't gotta know.

is this because im a rita ora stan

FyreWulff

I WAVE A FEW BOTTLES THEN I WATCH EM ALL FLOCK
ALL THE GIRLS WANNA PLAY MONSTER HUNTER
I GOT A SWIMMING POOL FULL OF LIQUOR AND I DIIIIIVE IN IT
A POOL FULL OF LIQUOR AND I DIIIIIVE IN IT

This counts as rhyming now

no wonder people buy Black Eyed Peas CDs

did i say you could leave the thread

dont try it
image.php
BQoZwB8.gif

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Y'all mad Ray went out with a ring. Hating asses. Ya teams might find success now that Bmore is doing God-Knows-What with trades and such. Smh

This podcast was really funny. Good shit.

Satch

Banned
i wasnt banned for what i said about taylor swift

i was banned for spam posting while drunk

i wasnt even drunk when i said that about her

Gorillaz

Botty would be a pretty good rep for pop gaf, Mumei would be interesting to get on there as well but Idk if they would be up for that

also that taylor swift comment was funny as hell tho

Imm0rt4l

i wasnt banned for what i said about taylor swift

i was banned for spam posting while drunk

i wasnt even drunk when i said that about her

That's what I thought. I swore I saw you post that about Taylor Swift before, in the grammy's thread or something. That's not ban worthy, I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom