• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually quite sad.

Unlike all of the Black men I dated in the past, my husband is generous, loyal, committed and considerate.

Stop dating the same type of men. It really doesn't have to do with skin color. Whenever I hear this I just get this vibe that the woman kept picking dudes who were cocky abrasive shitheads and found dudes who were really into her corny or something.

She's an idiot. He's a racist.

IMHO, she's got low self-esteem problems, and doesn't have the guts to tell him, "I don't like it when you do that during sex, it makes me feel uncomfortable, and until you stop it, you get none."

And he's a controlling person who doesn't seem to care about her feelings and who is totally getting off on some seriously racist fetish fantasies.

IMHO, she's got low self-esteem problems, and doesn't have the guts to tell him, "I don't like it when you do that during sex, it makes me feel uncomfortable, and until you stop it, you get none."

And he's a controlling person who doesn't seem to care about her feelings and who is totally getting off on some seriously racist fetish fantasies.

Basically this.

Also, is this some plot to a Tyler Perry movie? Is she going to eventually get with a really nice black man who is a garbage collector and deacon of the local church?

Not at all, I'm laughing my ass off. Especially this part

Unlike all of the Black men I dated in the past, my husband is generous, loyal, committed and considerate. He courted me and I never have to pay for anything. He said I could quit my job and I did. He makes me feel like a woman.

1. Stop dating shitty black dudes.
2. You feel like a woman because he came from money and allows you to blow money like it'll never run out? says much about you.
3. You have self-esteem issues, confront the dude, stop asking essence wtf to do. It should be pretty damn clear. Where I'm from if you don't like something you give voice to it.
4. He's got some issues.

I also laughed at this

My man keeps calling me a “nigger bitch”
and
Then he made jokes about my pubic hair. He called it my “negro bush”

lmao, sad but at the same time hilarious as fuck. Man my GF would cut me with a quickness if I called her bush a "spic bush."

Light skinned black man.

Pretty much. Them darkies be the worst husbands ever, but the light brites while having some shitty jobs treat you right.

Someone inform Tyler that

1. He's not a light brite.
2. Light skinned is never coming back in style.
3. He needs to change it up a bit.

Pretty much. Them darkies be the worst husbands ever, but the light brites while having some shitty jobs treat you right.

the problem is some people on team light tried to claim Denzel and Tyler Perry is about that complexion, so he sees it as reasonable that he is on the same team.

'My white husband is so considerate unlike the blackmen I've dated.

Doesn't understand why he can't say 'nigger''

pretty funny stuff

'Makes me feel like a woman

Calls me nigger bitch when we have sex'

Needs a meme.

Stop dating the same type of men. It really doesn't have to do with skin color. Whenever I hear this I just get this vibe that the woman kept picking dudes who were cocky abrasive shitheads and found dudes who were really into her corny or something.

THIS to infinity. Goes for any complainer who keeps running into the exact same sorts of relationships. "X women 'sass' you too much?" Make sure you're not trifling and then evaluated why these women are so similar.

the problem is some people on team light tried to claim Denzel and Tyler Perry is about that complexion, so he sees it as reasonable that he is on the same team.

Don't put that on us. Southerners booting him from "dark skinned."

Measley

Light skinned never went out of style.

Tyler Perry has issues though. I would love to peek inside his mind to see what's really going on in there.

Whaaaaaaa?

Denzel Washington is brown. Brown. Moreno. Brun. Straight out the Crayola box brown.

Do we actually need to grab paper bags and run paper bag tests? Here, just stand the man next to Terrence Howard. That should be sufficient. Or Blake Griffin. Or Lenny Kravitz. C'mon Tyler Perry, get it together. Unless you are borrowing some skin cream from Sammy Sosa, you are not #teamlight.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

I remember some article in my mom's ebony magazine that was putting Denzel in the light skinned beautiful brothers category. I was like damn I would never want to work their, their monitors must be absolutely shit for them to come to that conclusion.

Light skinned never went out of style.

Tyler Perry has issues though. I would love to peek inside his mind to see what's really going on in there.

Dude has a complex persceution, but it cracks me up how all of his movies have that same cliche of dark skinned brother treating the woman like utter shit and the lightskinned brother being this jesus incarnated/got her flowin like a river that just makes her fall head over heels.

Like really Tyler dude, did a bunch of straight 0,0,0 value lookin dudes beat up you and your mom or something?

DominoKid

I remember some article in my mom's ebony magazine that was putting Denzel in the light skinned beautiful brothers category. I was like damn I would never want to work their, their monitors must be absolutely shit for them to come to that conclusion.

ibfcTZiUTmD5TJ.jpg

Measley

I think when people consider Denzel "light skinned" they're comparing him to someone like Don Cheadle.

BTW, Don Cheadle is a VERY underrated actor. In fact you could almost make a pyramid of just how racist Hollywood still is based on the skin color of black actors and how much they're worth.

Don Cheadle: 35 million
Jamie Foxx: 85 million
Denzel Washington: 140 million
Will Smith: 200 million

Yeah.....

Dude has a complex persceution, but it cracks me up how all of his movies have that same cliche of dark skinned brother treating the woman like utter shit and the lightskinned brother being this jesus incarnated/got her flowin like a river that just makes her fall head over heels.

Like really Tyler dude, did a bunch of straight 0,0,0 value lookin dudes beat up you and your mom or something?

On top of his light/dark shit, there is also the professional brother who is always a cheating asshole with no loyalty to women or his friends, compared to the down to earth garbage man who will treat her right.

I think when people consider Denzel "light skinned" they're comparing him to someone like Don Cheadle.

BTW, Don Cheadle is a VERY underrated actor. In fact you could almost make a pyramid of just how racist Hollywood still is based on the skin color of black actors and how much they're worth.

Yeah.....

Cheadle has little gravitas. Foxx is rising. Denzel hasn't ever even been in a summer blockbuster type movie, Smith has had those on lock. Will Smith didn't start out as the sole lead in those films, he usually worked in tandem and rose above from there. Before Will Smith what light skinned actor was doing much better than his darker skinned cohorts? Eddie Murphy has consistently brought in more money than Will for many years, he just crash and burned in a mountain of shitty movies. Nothing to do with skin tone for men. Now women...

Whaaaaaaa?

Denzel Washington is brown. Brown. Moreno. Brun. Straight out the Crayola box brown.

Do we actually need to grab paper bags and run paper bag tests? Here, just stand the man next to Terrence Howard. That should be sufficient. Or Blake Griffin. Or Lenny Kravitz. C'mon Tyler Perry, get it together. Unless you are borrowing some skin cream from Sammy Sosa, you are not #teamlight.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

Ha ha ha ha......

pDm2QiJ.jpg

WTF...

Yea women are forever fucked. Damn shame too. If you ain't a black latina, half white, or simply lite. Your career will never reach limelight.

Remember when Ciroc had a casting call leaked that asked for women of all colors: white, asian, latina and light-skinned black.

I was never predisposed to drink trash vodka tricking people through marketing, but definitely never going to drink it now.

kyored

OK this made me laugh. The rest is pretty much spot on.

Slayven

I read the plot for tempation in wiki and my heart literally skipped a bit over the ending. At the sheer balls of it. That and he worked spousal abuse into the storyline again.

DominoKid

Yeah.....

Denzel is blacker than me though! If he's light then I'm white.

Measley

Yea women are forever fucked. Damn shame too. If you ain't a black latina, half white, or simply lite. Your career will never reach limelight.

Yeah, I have to agree. Nia Long's interview with Henry Louis Gates about black women in Hollywood was downright depressing.

harSon

Banned
I've been wanting to do a Perry marathon; where should I start?

Diary of a Mad Black Woman and Daddy's Little Girls are his best films, and the latter is legitimately good regardless of the targeted audience. Wasn't a fan of Madea's Family Reunion, Why Did I Get Married and Meet the Browns. I haven't seen any of his films since Meet the Browns though, so you're on your own from there.

And Denzel Washington ain't light skinned, at least on the American scale (...) He's somewhere between light skinned and dark skinned, unless your scale teleports from Kevin Gardark to Jason Kidd.

Having Game of Thrones explained by black people makes me more interested in it.

Game of Thrones is the truth, you need to get on that. To make you understand how good it is, when I was in Baton Rogue I got one of the most ratchet/mkain us look really really bad type cats to get hooked on it. After I showed him 2 episodes, dude went out and bought Season 1 on Blu Ray.

Yeah, I have to agree. Nia Long's interview with Henry Louis Gates about black women in Hollywood was downright depressing.

Is that the one that was in Jet? I was tempted to buy it just because it was Nia Long. I don't really read the black centric magazines, fuck I don't even read magazines period.

You think it's hard out here for black male actors ssshhhheeeiiiittttt Kerry Washington is probably the only prominent black actress in the mainstream and that's a stretch.

Slayven

This might be just me, but do you guys get creepy old guys always asking " You play/ed ball son?". Always came off as a come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom