• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

This might be just me, but do you guys get creepy old guys always asking " You play/ed ball son?". Always came off as a come on.

Yeah, but that's usually because most of the black folks at my school play sports so they just automatically assume it. One time a prof just flat out asked me "So which sport do you play." "None." "So why are you here?"

Gorillaz

I always feel like they're thinking, "nigga, you lame." But they can't say it. Ah well.

And it ends with Morris Chestnut. Do they not realize how much white bros love Idris Elba!?! Only middle aged black ladies still think about Chestnut.

Idris Elba is doing Thor so he tech can't do another part within the Marvel universe.....well the Disney owned one

TBH they wrote themselves into a corner by doing that. Could have really worked out if he was Panther

When Ray J was born the doctor handed him over to his mother and said, "Congratulations, it's an L".

She most have have some strong resolve, seeing him every Christmas.. especially with all of Ray J's foolishness.

Yeah, I have to agree. Nia Long's interview with Henry Louis Gates about black women in Hollywood was downright depressing.

Man, it made me sad seeing Nia struggle like that :(

the 90's version is my Queen.

DominoKid

Rick Pitino got hood reflexes (context: postgame pyrotechnics)
ku-xlarge.gif

Pitino ducking and checking his head like he could have enemies anywhere lmao.

I remember one time sophomore year we were chilling in the dorm lobby playing Xbox. Heard some pops that sounded like gunshots (I assume most loud pops are gunshots unless I know the source. Survival instinct). I hit the floor flat, didn't even pause the game. The other black dude w/ us ran hid behind a mini-bar island thing. The white folks we were playing w/ kept playing and didn't even flinch lol. Looking at us like "what are yall scared of, it's just a pop."

I remember one time sophomore year we were chilling in the dorm lobby playing Xbox. Heard some pops that sounded like gunshots (I assume most loud pops are gunshots unless I know the source. Survival instinct). I hit the floor flat, didn't even pause the game. The other black dude w/ us ran hid behind a mini-bar island thing. The white folks we were playing w/ kept playing and didn't even flinch lol. Looking at us like "what are yall scared of, it's just a pop."

Ghetto ass middle school I went to, theater arts class, 90% black kids. This girl got up, screamed and ran for the door, all the black kids(including myself) rose the fuck up and got out of there. She said she thought she saw a rat :lol

"You never hear about black people getting in a massarce...cuz we run. Nigga, we run when somebody else run, we don't even ask questions why we runnin...once we done running we find out why we running for"

Ghetto ass middle school I went to, theater arts class, 90% black kids. This girl got up, screamed and ran for the door, all the black kids(including myself) rose the fuck up and got out of there. She said she thought she saw a rat :lol

"You never hear about black people getting in a massarce...cuz we run. Nigga, we run when somebody else run, we don't even ask questions why we runnin...once we done running we find out why we running for"

Him and Bernie are the best parts of that.

What should I see of him? I just remember him being weak (not in acting, but the character) in American Gangster. Any character where he commanded the screen?

Redbelt
Four Brothers
Talk to Me

He's got a movie coming up called 12 years a Slave directed by Steve McQueen who directed Shame with Michael Fassbender.
Fassbender and Brad Pitt are also in it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Djimon Should be WW2 era Panther T'chaka

we can have a flashback in Cap 2 with steve in Africa having his ass handed to him by the seasoned warrior in the end he leaves with a sample of vibranium

steve wasnt cap long enough to go to wakanda. and i think howard got the vibranium sample

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom