• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but I have to share this from the ratchetmess tumblr:

tumblr_mlmiu1025U1rqcu9eo1_400.jpg

DominoKid

Man I watched the most interesting reality show.
watch
Coming from a non-religious upbringing (my mom is really religious though), it's always interesting to see the other side, in this case the super-religious types.

I thought they were overdoing it a bit (like all reality shows) but my roommate was watching it, and that pretty much was his upbringing. Stupid shit like promise ceremonies, parents flipping out over trivial shit like tattoos, etc because they're rich as hell and they have no real problems to worry about.

Man I watched the most interesting reality show.
watch
Coming from a non-religious upbringing (my mom is really religious though), it's always interesting to see the other side, in this case the super-religious types.

I thought they were overdoing it a bit (like all reality shows) but my roommate was watching it, and that pretty much was his upbringing. Stupid shit like promise ceremonies, parents flipping out over trivial shit like tattoos, etc because they're rich as hell and they have no real problems to worry about.

There's this big church in the city I grew up in that lots of kids families attended.

The kids who went more regularly were almost all fucked in the head due to their crazy practices. Lots of the girls were lowkey ratchet too.

DominoKid

^^^ Yup. My boy cosigns all of this.

Watching all of that somehow I forgot that one of my best friends, his uncle was (is still?) the preacher in the biggest black churches in town. It used to kill me to roll up to their church on Sunday morning after spending the previous 2 days w/ him just getting into all types of shit. That was always my biggest problem (of many) w/ church, I just couldn't get past feeling like a hypocrite. I'll go just to humor folks, but I never feel like I belong.

edit: for all of you nonbelievers, do you think people can sense the godlessness within you? i've been getting way too many invites to church lately.

zon

^^^ Yup. My boy cosigns all of this.

Watching all of that somehow I forgot that one of my best friends, his uncle was (is still?) the preacher in the biggest black churches in town. It used to kill me to roll up to their church on Sunday morning after spending the previous 2 days w/ him just getting into all types of shit. That was always my biggest problem (of many) w/ church, I just couldn't get past feeling like a hypocrite. I'll go just to humor folks, but I never feel like I belong.

edit: for all of you nonbelievers, do you think people can sense the godlessness within you? i've been getting way too many invites to church lately.

Move to Sweden, you can be godless with the rest of us :D

But doesn't it defeat the point of having a hairstyle that atracts attention (Ideally female), that when you enter the 2 foot radius it looks like a hot mess. It would be like a peacock spreading its feathers to attract its mate but when she gets close enough she sees its a pigeon who just colored some old turds and stuck them on the ends of some twigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom