• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I worry about with getting new fam is I hope they're not bigoted ass people. I like that my immediate fam isn't full of that shit.

DominoKid

i'mma need the rest of yall to get into Scandal. i need some people to talk about this shit w/ that don't think side chicks should win. my twitter feed is shameful whenever Scandal comes on.

so my brother in law is a recovering alcoholic (unbeknownst to me) and he's done time in the past. for whatever reason he relapsed hard a few months ago. My sister in law found vodka bottles etc,. She threw it all away and she's been watching the finances like a hawk ever since. Anywho she finds a large trash bag and assumes it's trash goes to investigate and finds it's full of fermented peaches i.e this dude is making moonshine like they do in prison.

She on the phone with my wife now crying and carrying on. Wife just excused me from the room. Sister in law must have heard me in the background saying let the nigga drink it if he went through that much trouble to make it.

Enabling like a motherfucker

Slayven

Ummm Batman can't prep against everything but Shade.

2836046-rocketbatman.jpg

I'm not joking bro. My friend is kind of young (19 years old). So a few months ago we were watching Star Trek in our class and when we walked out he turned to our group of friend's and said "Guys, I have to talk to you guys about something. I think I am gay." Everyone was like WTF and he said watching Star Trek for the first time and seeing Chris Pine made him realize that he liked men. So he dumped his GF (who he hated being with) and now has a full-time BF and is the happiest I have seen him since we met.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Man, a past mayor of DC was caught with hookers and blow, did his time, got out and still got re-elected. And we elect movie stars as governors. Fuck this country sometimes. At least Drake and Beiber are Canadian, can't blame that on US.

akira28

Man, a past mayor of DC was caught with hookers and blow, did his time, got out and still got re-elected. And we elect movie stars as governors. Fuck this country sometimes. At least Drake and Beiber are Canadian, can't blame that on US.

I didn't understand it at the time. But Marion Barry of the 60s (dashiki Barry) was fierce. There's a pretty good documentary about it. But power corrupts.

Moris question(s):
  • From a delinquency standpoint are there any regulations or mandates that differentiate how banks can approach a FHA loan versus a Fannie loan?
  • Homepath loans are more closely related to FHA loans with minor differences correct?
  • Is there anything drastically different from a Fannie Loan vs a FHA loan?

Nakazato

god damn berry.

Nakazato

So EA is trying to dreamcast the WiiU. Think they'll kill Nintendo off that easily?

misread Question

yes ea ubi and act dont care. No major 3rd pt cares so its hurting the wii u. MH can only do so much.... Hell dont be surprised if MH goes sony when it comes to home platforms when the are ready for MH4 Ultimate

as far as nintendo

naw... they will re-brand it,cut price, think we might see a 3d mario and maybe mario kart by the end of the year. If Nintendo ethers it they are done.

man

i need some help from you guys

A coworker friend of mine (who I broke out of the friendzone with for a short FWB situation in the past) has been having trouble with her boyfriend whom she never sees often due to their opposing work schedules, and this doesn't look to change anytime soon. Neither are huge money earners and neither have degrees in a fairly expensive housing market.

She's gone to the point where she's "broken up" and taken breaks from this guy several times and most recently just last week they took a break. I don't know where her heads at because part of her still wants to make it work but the other half of her has literally made a Match.com account.

She is signing a lease tomorrow to move into an apartment with a girlfriend for the first time. She's in her mid 20's and still living with her fairly wealthy family.

So here's where things get odd, we've got a close relationship where I kind of have feelings for her, but have accepted the role as just a friend. As such we're pretty close and I know a lot about her relationship, and I knew they were having unprotected sex for a minute and dude was doing the pull out.

I joked with her and predicted she'd be pregnant by june 1st.

Turns out it just came true.

And this guy she's with is going to court for his second DUI within 5 years later this month.

Whats proper etiquette in this situation? I'm kind of raging with fear for her/anger inside that she allowed this to happen, as I said the pull out is the dumbest thing ever multiple times but she said "he was a man that knew how to handle his junk".

Do I call her a knuckle head and an idiot and try to put in my two cents for if she should consider an abortion, or do I just swallow my pride and "pretend" I'm happy for her despite the fact that this is doubtlessly such a huge blow to her life and financial progress in the future?

TLDR: Proper etiquette for reaction to a girl getting pregnant who isn't anywhere near ready to be a mother? Keep it real or keep it fake?

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I'm not joking bro. My friend is kind of young (19 years old). So a few months ago we were watching Star Trek in our class and when we walked out he turned to our group of friend's and said "Guys, I have to talk to you guys about something. I think I am gay." Everyone was like WTF and he said watching Star Trek for the first time and seeing Chris Pine made him realize that he liked men. So he dumped his GF (who he hated being with) and now has a full-time BF and is the happiest I have seen him since we met.
As long as he's happy, who cares how he got there?

Do I call her a knuckle head and an idiot and try to put in my two cents for if she should consider an abortion, or do I just swallow my pride and "pretend" I'm happy for her despite the fact that this is doubtlessly such a huge blow to her life and financial progress in the future?
You're gonna have to shut up and mind your business and let her figure this out herself unless she actually comes to you and asks what she could do, in which case you're gonna have to say "I'll support you no matter what you choose". If you try to give her an unsolicited opinion, you're gonna lose a friend. If she really says "tell me what to do", then you can say something. I know you don't want her to make a mistake that might ruin her life, but it's her life to ruin.

Moris question(s):
  • From a delinquency standpoint are there any regulations or mandates that differentiate how banks can approach a FHA loan versus a Fannie loan?
  • Homepath loans are more closely related to FHA loans with minor differences correct?
  • Is there anything drastically different from a Fannie Loan vs a FHA loan?

I haven't had any experience with the foreclosure process on the banking end. I can only really answer #3, FHA is only a loan guarantee, started to increase home sales for those with low income or a bad financial past. You don't automatically get disqualified for a home loan due to a past foreclosure or bankruptcy. I don't know what the limit of how long ago the bankruptcy or foreclosure have to be, its been years since I had to remember any that stuff.

I mostly deal with the operation side of the loan process; make sure the approvals are all there, subsequent changes to a loan are valid, proper insurance is in place researched and signed off by management and a bunch of internal auditing the work for the department that would be able to answer your qhestions lol

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
misread Question

yes ea ubi and act dont care. No major 3rd pt cares so its hurting the wii u. MH can only do so much.... Hell dont be surprised if MH goes sony when it comes to home platforms when the are ready for MH4 Ultimate

as far as nintendo

naw... they will re-brand it,cut price, think we might see a 3d mario and maybe mario kart by the end of the year. If Nintendo ethers it they are done.

Hold up...we are the only ones really supporting Wii U on the 3rd party side, lol

Slayven

If I hit the powerball, I am hiring Moris as my money man. He would be required to carry malt liquor in his brief case at all times, flip a table occasionally in meeting and ask "You think this is a motherfucking game?".

If I hit the powerball, I am hiring Moris as my money man. He would be required to carry malt liquor in his brief case at all times, flip a table occasionally in meeting and ask "You think this is a motherfucking game?".

So you want Moris to be Damon Dash?

By the way thanks for the info Moris. Just got drafted to head up a FHA project and I'm trying to get as much information as possible so I can whiteboard a game-plan by Monday.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Slay's entourage would include Cee-Lo just so he can hire him to personally perform "forget you" in front of Devo and Satch house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom