• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Launches aren't nearly as bad as black Friday.

A few people die every year at Walmart and countless people get their shit slapped.

I pissed on Black Friday when I stood in line 90 minutes to only be told they were out of a usb harddrive that was special. Circuit City so you know it has been some years.

I worked retail once on black friday, I didn't see it but others told me some dude cut in front of someone at the discount DVD bin and got suplexed.

Imagine getting suplexed over a 1.99 DVD of the matrix.

DominoKid

I've only done Black Friday once, when I went w/ my dad to get a PS2 bundle. Talk about an absolute shitshow. I let him brave the hordes of shoppers while I walked around and people watched. I've never seen folks act so uncivilized lol.

Slayven

I worked retail once on black friday, I didn't see it but others told me some dude cut in front of someone at the discount DVD bin and got suplexed.

Imagine getting suplexed over a 1.99 DVD of the matrix.

Kid:"Whats wrong with Daddy?"

Mom:"He got suplexed over a 2 dollar copy of 'Are we there yet?'"

Kid:"Daddy lame."

Speaking of conventions you guys gotta go to midnight releases. Shit is hilarious .I remember going to to MW2 midnight release at Gamestop and remember how shitty it smelled there.

Air condition broke
Had old ass subs sitting in the middle of the room
Had an 8 year old playing MW2 (that mission where they shot up the Airport. IN FRONT of his mom and shit)

Havn't went to one since but probably will go to the one on my campus for GTA 5

i went to the midnight release for BF3.. and by went i mean i got there quarter past midnight, got the game in like 2 minutes and left.

i went out for black friday the last 2 years... last year was tame everywhere, the year before was kinda wild at Walmart but tame everywhere else. got everything on the list both times.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Well for what it's worth, I've never heard of anyone dying at a midnight console launch. I could be wrong though. People get robbed for sure though.

i got punched in black friday by some chick trying to get a damn microwave that i was walking by. my power level elevated dangerously before i realized that i was there to get a computer for my grandmother and i needed to just get what i came for. i would have fought a fusion of goku and godzilla called gokzilla for that woman though

although thinking about it, having people wait hours in freezing rain is bound to make people lose their shit

Slayven

i got punched in black friday by some chick trying to get a damn microwave that i was walking by. my power level elevated dangerously before i realized that i was there to get a computer for my grandmother and i needed to just get what i came for. i would have fought a fusion of goku and godzilla called gokzilla for that woman though

Didn't want that 2nd strike?

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
i got punched in black friday by some chick trying to get a damn microwave that i was walking by.

Ken-shoryu-ts.gif

Clamster

Neo Member
Well my Facebook is full of people talking about the beheading in the UK. Nothing good is going to come from this I can tell you now. I just hope I don't see a repeat of the 2011 riots.

Midnight launches can be fun, but I rarely see the need to go to them anymore, thanks to game prices. Last one I went to was for UMvC3, and there were enough people for a mini-tournament. It was pretty fun, especially since I had knowledge of Phoenix Wright's moves beforehand.
- Did you get the Friday trilogy box set daddy?

- No, they were out.

out? But the ad said 'guaranteed in stock'

- MUTHAFUCKER I SAID THEY WERE OUT!
"Mommy, why does daddy have a lump on the back of his head?"
"Because your father doesn't know how to counter a suplex, honey."

although thinking about it, having people wait hours in freezing rain is bound to make people lose their shit

Gotdamn. :lol

i remember modding fighters.net and tekkenzaibatsu back in the day was not a cakewalk... i cannot imagine the craziness of modding NeoGAF, especially during E3... easy way to catch some grey hair early.

i remember modding fighters.net and tekkenzaibatsu back in the day was not a cakewalk... i cannot imagine the craziness of modding NeoGAF, especially during E3... easy way to catch some grey hair early.

It's a lot harder to mod a place when registration is as limited as GAF is. Modding a place with instant registration had me headbutting walls.

RedSwirl

This midnight launch bullshit is another reason Steam puts consoles to shame. Just pre-load that shit.

I mean, EU PSN let's you pre-load, but that's it. Both Sony and Microsoft better start that shit next gen.

zero_suit

This midnight launch bullshit is another reason Steam puts consoles to shame. Just pre-load that shit.

I mean, EU PSN let's you pre-load, but that's it. Both Sony and Microsoft better start that shit next gen.

PC is the way to go next gen. I'll probably get a Wii U eventually, though.

harSon

Banned
PC is the way to go next gen. I'll probably get a Wii U eventually, though.

I'll probably end up with an Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC once the dust settles. I just recently came by a nice gaming rig, and it's basically my 3rd party game system at this point. It's hooked up to my television, and with the addition of a 360 controller, I can't tell the difference between it and my consoles in terms of the experience. Outside of the significantly better graphics...

I'm not sure if the difference will be big enough for it to assume that type of role at the beginning of the generation though.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Launches aren't nearly as bad as black Friday.

A few people die every year at Walmart and countless people get their shit slapped.

I pissed on Black Friday when I stood in line 90 minutes to only be told they were out of a usb harddrive that was special. Circuit City so you know it has been some years.

Next year do black friday for good/ok stores in the hood. Last year I went to the Gap in the middle of brooklyn (not that gentrified brooklyn) at 11:30 with my sisters & didn't act like I knew them. The outcome we got 2 free copies of super mario Wii U which retailed for $54 and $57 on Ebay..... Funny thing is we were likely safer shopping in the hood for 11:30 than dealing with the crazy people at the mall.

Goddamn is 151 really that bad?

are we talking about the liquor... cause year that shit is really strong... not as strong as Devil's spring or everclear... but year you can die from it

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

akira28

Chinese Carry-Out pizza might be whats for dinner. Is that horribly bad or secretly good?

I've watched people pick them up, while waiting on wings.

edit:

151 is harsh. You get used to the heat, but you will need a chaser. Can make your throat just seize up.

good moonshine on the other hand is smooth but hot.

akira28

What's on a Chinese pizza?

It's a chinese carryout, you know, wings, general tsos, beef and broccoli, etc. But they also make pizzas. I'm not sure I'm ready to spend 10 bucks on that level of struggle pizza, but I'm thinking what if the guy there used to work at an old school neighborhood pizza joint. Then that pizza could be amazing.

If I could get them to make a General Tso pizza though...

Recon

Banned
It's a chinese carryout, you know, wings, general tsos, beef and broccoli, etc. But they also make pizzas. I'm not sure I'm ready to spend 10 bucks on that level of struggle pizza, but I'm thinking what if the guy there used to work at an old school neighborhood pizza joint. Then that pizza could be amazing.

If I could get them to make a General Tso pizza though...

That sounds heavenly.

mmmm delicious.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom