• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh the streets are lined with raggedy cars with 22 inch rims, hoodrats fill the mall to waste all their money. Tis tax time Blackgaf let us rejoice!

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Do you want to see torture or do you want to be tortured?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Basically what gungho said. But yeah that's a no-brainer. Always go with the horror film in female company.

Creepin on ah come upp >

http://i.imgur.com/6Yp7gcb.gif[IMG]

Then those obscure songs no one knows like Bless the 40oz. I still listen to that shit sometimes when I drink lol. Sons of assassins is another good one, not even sure if that was on an album or what.[/QUOTE]

They just played Foe tha Love of $ on the radio....stupid suckaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaz

i dont understand what this means

She was like a romanian looking version of Maria Ozawa but playing 5 hours of Ni No Kuni with her or sitting through 6 episodes of Tu-Love Ru or whatever the hell just wasn't worth hitting more than once or twice.

14 year old me would look at me with complete shame though. Probably my dream girl a decade ago.

I couldn't handle regularly watching most anime I caught an episode of Bleach one Saturday night and was floored by its serious faced goofiness.

I hear Space Brothers is good, anyone seen it?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
She was like a romanian looking version of Maria Ozawa but playing 5 hours of Ni No Kuni with her or sitting through 6 episodes of Tu-Love Ru or whatever the hell just wasn't worth hitting more than once or twice.

14 year old me would look at me with complete shame though. Probably my dream girl a decade ago.

oh i know about that. i just thought ni no kuni was new slang based off the game.

Imm0rt4l

I couldn't handle regularly watching most anime I caught an episode of Bleach one Saturday night and was floored by its serious faced goofiness.

I hear Space Brothers is good, anyone seen it?
Its understandable, most anime is trash. I can't fuck with shows like bleach and other shone, if it were around when my tastes were less stringent I might have enjoyed it. I enjoy the medium still, I'm just very picky and go for more mature stuff, some of which I still take issue with. Never heard of space brothers.

I may peep that new ghost in the shell show whenever that drops

Riggs

Banned
They're from an album they made before Easy signed them called B.O.N.E. Enterprise. It's where that bad ass song Hell Sent is from.

Nice. I think him and Sessue Hayakawa are the two most ignored people when it comes to early film history... I wonder why lol.

They just played Foe tha Love of $ on the radio....stupid suckaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaz

Hell Sent? Wow thought I knew every bone song in existence , will check out in a second.

Yeah, Bone in the muthafuckin' house for the nine-quats

I gotta have it bitch for the love of this shit
Muthafuckaaaaa

Imm0rt4l

Space Brothers is the feel good anime of the past year. It's about two brothers who grow up wanting to be astronauts. One make it, the younger brother, while the older brother jumps from career to career and ends up unemployed forgetting their childhood dream in the process. He starts to get inspired again and starts going for it. Space Brothers is his journey to becoming an astronaut. It is an ode to space travel and space in general, includes hard science and actual space tech.

It's just a feel good story that makes wish we'd pursue space travel more and every time I watch it I'm brimming with positivity.

Highly suggested.

On the anime front, 2012 was actually the best year for anime tv series since arguably 2003/2004. Get on that.
Any good seinen or mature stuff? The last shows I saw were kids on the slope and lupin. The new lupin was stylized crap, didn't finish it.

Riggs

Banned
Took lyrics out looks like I am flooding thread

Holy shit, old school not as drunk as he is now Bizzy was so fucking raw.

Edit - Thanks Kaeptain lol already cracked one open listening to this again

Imm0rt4l

Is Kids on the Slope any good? I've been really interested in it for a bit now.
Absolutely nothing like bebop or champloo in terms of content or quality. Its basically a Japanese coming of show with some pretty dope jazz sessions. A bunch of melodrama.

Riggs

Banned

Imm0rt4l

To be fair, because it's not like Bebop or Champloo doesn't mean it's bad. Coming of age stories can be good. Kids on the Slope is good, just could have been better.

In any case, Watanabe is working on a new sci-fi show with Bones (former Sunrise staff).

I know, I only wanted to highlight that its different from the other shows, I'm not saying it's bad, just don't expect it to be anything like the other 2 shows. A lot of people the show off the strength of Watanabe and Yoko Kanno reuniting. And of course not living up to those other shows isn't really a slight at Kids on the slope, since Bebop and Champloo are top tier anime.

RedSwirl

Edit: Damn, I still listen to Bone Thugs.

What manga are people reading? Blade of the Immortal is about to end (for those reading, volume 29 ends with
Giichi about to go up against Makie
), Berserk takes too damn long to release new chapters, and I don't know when shit will actually start happening in Vinland Saga.

By the way if you don't read it Vinland is really good for seinin/mature stuff. It's from the guy who wrote Planetes (hard sci-fi astronaut manga/anime) but is about vikings. First 50 chapters or so are amazing. It's in a lull now but it keeps foreshadowing shit about to go down later on.

Any good seinen or mature stuff? The last shows I saw were kids on the slope and lupin. The new lupin was stylized crap, didn't finish it.

I'm pretty much the exact same with anime right now. I finished Lupin and found Jormungand to be alright, but I haven't brought myself to finish it yet. Might give Psycho Pass a look from everything I keep hearing.

Kids on the Slope has pretty much been the only drama I could stand.

In any case, Watanabe is working on a new sci-fi show with Bones (former Sunrise staff).

Awww shit.

I was waiting for everyone to bug me to watch Kids On The Slope but it never happened so I left it alone. But if watanabe's next project is a sci-fi anime I'll check it out.

I'll probably catch Space Brothers this weekend based on your recommendation Lin.

Imm0rt4l

...my grandma just brought home some KFC for lunch.

tumblr_mgfz4qmQws1re5uzpo1_500.jpg

RedSwirl

Well hold up for starters there's all the Blu-Rays that came out last year that I can't even afford yet: Tenchi, Hellsing, Grave of the Fireflies, etc.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Dudes Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed is the shit, hot damn

steam ID: groove66, if you haven't added me

IceCold

Noticed the Bone fans here.

Just want to give a shout out to all of you guys. They are my favorite rap group and I used to visit all sorts of bone forums a while back but I'm just not a able to enjoy their new music as much so I haven't visited them in months/years. Layzie keeps rehashing old verses (...look what the wind blew in...), Bizzy went loco for a while, Wish seems to have lost his fllow and is on a competition with Dre on who can postpone an album the longest, Krayze is the only that has been pretty consistent but his style is getting to predictable. I haven't heard a lot of new Flesh songs so I comment on him. I wish they could get their shit together and work with more respectable artists and producers instead of working with Thugline/Mo Thugs affiliates.

I'll gonna just leave this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4pRsz7HHiA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom