• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

I'm not sure how many more race threads I can participate in, I don't want to let Bish down....but fuck, it isn't even February yet.

my shitty forum political cartoon addressing the situation

52P150K.png

Slay is the captain of the reaching out committee,

I just read thru all of Slayven's Ask a black dude thread.

and man, you guys rustled alot of jimmies,

but you made clear and concise points as well.

we bout that knowledge is power life. :D

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
that fortunateson guy pisses me off.

Smh

He lives in my city and we were trying to get him to come out to one of the past gaf meetups...glad that didn't happen.

I knew he was kinda fucked up but seemed I always missed his racist posts.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
6'4'' is good. It's tall, but not so much you stand out EVERYWHERE, big awkward ass nigga

That said, it has it's disadvantages. I went to a car show in Houston last weekend, couldn't even fit in half the mothafuckas. I got in the backseat of an Escalade, my head hit the roof!

I know how you feel. I tried a BMW 3-series at that same show and I thought I was sitting in a Smart Car. Strangely, things like the VW Beetle, Mercedes C, or Volvo S60 were perfect. I'm not tall and I'm not fat, but I am broad.

Was about to buy a Ps3 off of craigs last night for 180 (new slim 250 gb) that came with 8 Blu-rays (dark knight rises and some other good ones) but said fuck it...

Got a text in the middle of the night that was leaking of struggle...talking about he'd sell it to me for 150.

I said fuck it and picked it up.

Have never even really played a Ps3 this gen. Wonder what the backlog will be like..

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yeah it's Feb. But it's also finally Friday. I screwed up some shit on my test yesterday but this weekend I'm not giving a single fuck.

Onemic

Was about to buy a Ps3 off of craigs last night for 180 (new slim 250 gb) that came with 8 Blu-rays (dark knight rises and some other good ones) but said fuck it...

Got a text in the middle of the night that was leaking of struggle...talking about he'd sell it to me for 150.

Have never even really played a Ps3 this gen. Wonder what the backlog will be like..

Most games of any console this gen. You'll be kept busy.

I heard Fire Emblem for 3DS is actually good, I'll probably pick it up later this month. Looks like my 3DS is actually gonna see some use for the first time in almost a year.

BHZ Mayor

Definitely get:
God of War 3 (better yet God of War Saga if you haven't played the first two)
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction and A Crack In Time (and the collection if you never played the PS2 games)
Uncharted 2 (best one of the 3)
Infamous Collection (1, 2, and the DLC for 2)

Riggs

Banned
I have e.1999 eternal memorized. It's by far my favorite rap album of all time.

Creepin on ah come upp >

6Yp7gcb.gif

Then those obscure songs no one knows like Bless the 40oz. I still listen to that shit sometimes when I drink lol. Sons of assassins is another good one, not even sure if that was on an album or what.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Dreams, you still planning on rolling out that black icons thread? Let me know I'd be down to contribute.

bangai-o

Banned
is there any recent statistics of black college students completing teacher education programs? Jstor isnt showing me anything. I know the reasons that may exist for black men to not becoming teachers, but is there any evidence of it?

edit

so this is where Gfex has been hiding.

Onemic

is there any recent statistics of black college students completing teacher education programs? Jstor isnt showing me anything. I know the reasons that may exist for black men to not becoming teachers, but is there any evidence of it?

edit

so this is where Gfex has been hiding.

What reasons are there?

Jstor was like my life for the 4 years I spent doing my degree.

Creepin on ah come upp >

6Yp7gcb.gif

Then those obscure songs no one knows like Bless the 40oz. I still listen to that shit sometimes when I drink lol. Sons of assassins is another good one, not even sure if that was on an album or what.
They're from an album they made before Easy signed them called B.O.N.E. Enterprise. It's where that bad ass song Hell Sent is from.

I can contribute on the movie front. Somebody like Oscar Micheaux, who is painfully unrecognized. I've been working on an in depth piece about him anyways.

Nice. I think him and Sessue Hayakawa are the two most ignored people when it comes to early film history... I wonder why lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom