• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragons Dogma is such a great game.

And yeah DY for the first time today I finally started to get what your saying in regards to the story.

I'm at a part in the game where I'm locked up in prison for wronging the Duke or something....and I get out and just start walking in front of him and it's like what the fuck? Nobody reacts to my breaking out at all.

It's clearly one of those games where if they actually decided to go with a speaking main character, well crafted characters, a good plot, etc it would probably be a GotG piece of software, but they just said fuck it for whatever reason lol.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I never finished FF7 or FF8 just got past the first CD so I can't give a critique on those...

FF9 had the best characters and for the first time in a while the main lead (Zidane) wasn't a little bitch and actually had some charisma.

FFX I felt was the best out of these games. Yes there was some cringeworthy scenes (HA HA HA) but overall the characters were enjoyable and the locations and battle system were fun as hell.

FF12, I loved the battle system but lord help me as I can't even remember the story or how it even ended. I just recall playing it for near 90 hours and spending most of that time doing hunts.

FF13 started off okay but running through the corridors just lost it's shine the further you went in. I enjoyed playing the game but it definitely dragged on. I give it major points though for Sazh. For once a black character that wasn't some big cariacture. I made sure to keep him in the party whenever possible.

Imm0rt4l

I never finished FF7 or FF8 just got past the first CD so I can't give a critique on those...

FF9 had the best characters and for the first time in a while the main lead (Zidane) wasn't a little bitch and actually had some charisma.

FFX I felt was the best out of these games. Yes there was some cringeworthy scenes (HA HA HA) but overall the characters were enjoyable and the locations and battle system were fun as hell.

FF12, I loved the battle system but lord help me as I can't even remember the story or how it even ended. I just recall playing it for near 90 hours and spending most of that time doing hunts.

FF13 started off okay but running through the corridors just lost it's shine the further you went in. I enjoyed playing the game but it definitely dragged on. I give it major points though for Sazh. For once a black character that wasn't some big cariacture. I made sure to keep him in the party whenever possible.
A man of reason. My sentiments exactly

Onemic

FF8 and FF X-2 are my favorites. deal with it

I knew I liked you slay

I wouldn't put X-2 in my favs, but that game is massively underrated. Easily one of the best battle systems in FF. Only thing that sucked about it was the melodramatic story and linearish levels(Not close to as bad as XIII though)

.....Now that I think about it, that game actually has a lot of similarities with XIII

Slayven

I knew I liked you slay

I wouldn't put X-2 in my favs, but that game is massively underrated. Easily one of the best battle systems in FF. Only thing that sucked about it was the melodramatic story and linearish levels(Not close to as bad as XIII though)

.....Now that I think about it, that game actually has a lot of similarities with XIII
The costume grid was the shit. Soooooo underrated. RPG battle systems have gone in the shitter this gen.

Dark Faze Devo onemic Immortal DY

Tonight @ 8pm est.

Doing a preshow? Cause I could jump for a few minutes.

Sure, would be a good way to test your mic setup.

We usually do our pre-podcast thing at 8pm est then start the actual podcast an hour or so after that.

BTW there was no prepodcast last week because editing out all the questionable shit would have made it a mess. Total topic changes out of nowhere and stuff like that.

Slayven

Sure, would be a good way to test your mic setup.

We usually do our pre-podcast thing at 8pm est then start the actual podcast an hour or so after that.

BTW there was no prepodcast last week because editing out all the questionable shit would have made it a mess. Total topic changes out of nowhere and stuff like that.

Ok I can get on for a few minutes

harSon

Banned
Tip: Only do the whole "I'll drink whatever you drink" rule on your birthday if you're rolling with a handful of friends. I had 17 friends tag along with me last night as we pre gamed, hit up bars and some clubs. I fucking died, and feel like complete shit this morning. One asshole had me start out the night with a side walk slam. Ratchet ass motherfucker.

One of the best things about blacking out (the only good thing about blacking out) is I don't remember throwing up every fucking where. I feel it this morning though... and fuck my body for waking up early after I drink. There's no reason I should wake up at 5:20 in the morning, still drunk but wide the fuck awake.

BHZ Mayor

Tip: Only do the whole "I'll drink whatever you drink" rule on your birthday if you're rolling with a handful of friends. I had 17 friends tag along with me last night as we pre gamed, hit up bars and some clubs. I fucking died, and feel like complete shit this morning. One asshole had me start out the night with a side walk slam. Ratchet ass motherfucker.

One of the best things about blacking out (the only good thing about blacking out) is I don't remember throwing up every fucking where. I feel it this morning though... and fuck my body for waking up early after I drink. There's no reason I should wake up at 5:20 in the morning, still drunk but wide the fuck awake.

So the streak continues. Happy belated BTW.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I had to show my young (early 20's) co workers old picks of destiny child to prove that plastic surgery was a factor in there looks. That beyonce picture is crushing dreams right now

Slay is gonna go to walmart and ask for Skype minute cards and a usb rotary phone attachment.

PM me your skype username and just be signed in at 8pm est.

harSon

Banned
He's lucky he got his Mom's hair, cause my black friends teaching in China come back with some rough looking heads.

Slayven

He's lucky he got his Mom's hair, cause my black friends teaching in China come back with some rough looking heads.
He got that good hair.

I am not going to lie, when I see black folks in foreign lands I always wonder who does their hair.

Like can a black guy in Sweden get a good lineup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom