• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Stet managed to steal souls and Slayven's woman at the same damn time.

STET I HAD PLANS TO KEEP THOSE SAME RECEIPTS BUT YOU BEAT ME TO IT I LOVE YOU MARRY MEEEEEEEEEE

stet knows the song of my people

exposing hypocrites as the filth that they are by using the truth of their actions is so hot to me
imRsQxFHWsTjV.gif

my mating call
imRsQxFHWsTjV.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVeAEwrL1Ts

Explain yourself bruh

V for Vendetta grafted 2004 US election rebellious high school bullshit onto Moore/Lloyd's ode to anarchy, taking a brilliant graphic novel with no easy answers and dumbing it down to trite characterizations and a failed sense of profundity. Damn near every idea and theme I liked about the book is ripped out, replaced with pretentious pap. One of the worst film adaptations of a great book I've ever seen, right up there with Watchmen(the only film to ever stick so close the source material and still miss the point completely with flying fucking colors). Fuck this piece of shit movie to the bowels of Hell.

The best comic book film is either American Splendor or Scott Pilgrim. Or perhaps The Fifth Element, for being the closest thing to a european sci-fi comic book I've seen come to life.

tl;dr: bitter comic book fan stuff

but seriously fuck that movie

bud

dawn of the dead is the only one i genuinely enjoyed and could watch again.

man of steel was okay--certainly better than singer's trash--but it's an entirely forgettable film.

I liked Dawn of the Dead. More than the original even, in a controversial opinion.

That's why I try to keep hope alive. "Well, he did do DotD, that was pretty sweet"

then I remember Sucker Punch

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
....I know you're serious but I have to say this are you serious? You feel Wanted is more compelling and better?

As whack as wanted is, its better than the source material, and doesn't claim to be some revolutionary piece that turns out to be a waste, or a soapbox for people to claim that they read graphic novels instead of comics, on top of being overpraised

Y'all talked about the woman (black) who got shot in the head for knocking on a door in a white neighborhood at night? She was looking for help after a car wreck.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Scott Piligrim is some Keenspot rejected trash. The only thing worse is Empowered.

Come at me nerds.

Empowered knows its whack though. I think that's the point of it all. Scott pilgrim is good, but its fan base is trash.

ReiGun

Scott Pilgrim is dope. I dug Watchmen; good, not great. I'd give an opinion on 300 if I could remember anything about it.

Man of Steel was disappointing, but I still liked some of it. It's probably the most annoying movie to talk about, though.

Tip for survival: never knock on a door or walk towards a police officer after an accident. Lay motionless in the center of the road and someone will eventually drive by and hopefully not kill you.

Tip for survival: never knock on a door or walk towards a police officer after an accident. Lay motionless in the center of the road and someone will eventually drive by and hopefully not kill you.

Lay motionless in the center of the road and someone will eventually drive by and hopefully not kill you.

someone will eventually drive by

reported

FyreWulff

I'm expecting certain confederate-lite posters to essentially start saying "don't be black"

That person should not be tried for anything less than first degree murder

DominoKid

19-Year-Old Black Girl Changes Name From 'Keisha' To 'Kylie' To Avoid Bullying And Stereotypes

For 19-year-old Keisha Austin, of Kansas City, MO., the stereotypes associated with her name and the racist jokes from her peers pushed her to ultimately change her name given at birth.

Keisha's mother, Cristy Austin, was adamant about the name even before the teen was born. As a white woman raising a biracial daughter by herself in a neighborhood that wasn't very diverse, she said she gave her daughter the name to give her confidence and a connection to her culture. She thought the name represented a "strong, feminine, beautiful black woman."

“I saw it as a source of pride,” she said. “I wanted her to have that.”

But classmates constantly taunted her daughter who recalled experiences where her name was associated with video vixens. Kids would joke around asking if she had “La” or a “Sha" in her name. Even a teacher once joked about her name asking if there was a dollar sign in it.

“It’s like they assumed that I must be a certain kind of girl,” she says. “Like, my name is Keisha so they think they know something about me, and it always felt negative.”

i really never thought Keisha was a "black" name.

Who got more moist? You, her, or drake

The soft R&B tracks he did were so sweet it was laughable. At once point he brought a girl on stage and sang to her then afterwards gave her a huge and asked her if she climaxed because he did.

He did all of this hard shit though so it was great.

Slayven

Never understood the internet love for Punisher. I mean you seen one angry white man through someone ina wood chipper you seen them all. The only time i find him interesting is when they jsut fuck with him, Angel Punisher, Franken Punisher, Punisher IN SPACCCEEEEE!!!, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom