• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I thought it was funny when he just murdered those villains who came to team up with Cap's crew in Civil War. Or when he makes Daredevil shit his pants.

Pretty one dimensional character though.

Ennis Punisher is just too godlike. He understood Frank isn't particularly interesting as a character, but as a tool to do the craziest shit possible against some nasty ass bad guys. And it works because hey, of course Frank Castle would punch out a polar bear to get them riled up enough to eat Italian mafia members. Frank is the straight man to the Marvel Universe wackiness.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Ennis Punisher is just too godlike. He understood Frank isn't particularly interesting as a character, but as a tool to do the craziest shit possible against some nasty ass bad guys. And it works because hey, of course Frank Castle would punch out a polar bear to get them riled up enough to eat Italian mafia members. Frank is the straight man to the Marvel Universe wackiness.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. Frank is so ridiculous a character in a world full of heroes he can only logically exist in his max series to be somewhat taken seriously. And even then, crazy shit happens that would have a normal man 6 feet under.

Never understood the internet love for Punisher. I mean you seen one angry white man through someone ina wood chipper you seen them all. The only time i find him interesting is when they jsut fuck with him, Angel Punisher, Franken Punisher, Punisher IN SPACCCEEEEE!!!, etc.

Always thought of him as Charles Bronson from Deathwish. Its cathartic just watching him waste all the bad guys that Spidey/Batman would just throw in jail. As stated earlier on, its better with limited interaction with the broader Marvel Universe.

That said, the second reboot with the Ray whatever dude is epic with how much CG Blood gets sprayed

You guys heard about that new Marvel/Netflix joint where they plan to have Daredevil & the Heroes for Hire in a series(Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones) ?

I'm hyped to see a live action and god willingly a well written adaptation of their Hell Kitchen hijinks.

Also the got dayum Immortal Iron Fist.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
aYyPYzy.jpg

"What?"

:]

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yeah but it fits perfectly. The entire Civil War storyline takes an interesting concept and makes it completely ridiculous. Why not have some fun with it? Not like Punisher has some hidden, untapped depth/potential.

You want to pull a Satch, don't you? I feel that way sometimes, but I just lurk most of the time.

Someone has to man, shit gets ridiculous sometimes. I mean in almost every race thread in the existence of GAF, there is ALWAYS those assholes who want to say something so ignorant and just rage inducing just because. Like example the Trayvon Martin/Zimmerman verdict thread. I'm not a violent person, but I swear some of the shit that was being posted in that thread made me want to throw bricks at people's heads....repeatedly.

J10

Banned
Today's Marvel/Netflix announcement put me in a good mood. I really enjoy these little breaks from the constant reminders that blacks/women/gays ain't shit.

He'd be perfect for the role.

Michael Jai White would also be nice, and I could see him being the Luke Cage for this Netflix deal.

Whatever happens, I'm pretty excited to see what goes down.

The role will be played by Chris Breezy or Drake and ya'll niggas will have to smile and be happy about it or they'll never make another black superhero movie again

ReiGun

At least the heroes did something besides talk and have aliens blow them because they are from earth.
Bu...bu...bu every world is an Avenger's world. :'(

The role will be played by Chris Breezy or Drake and ya'll niggas will have to smile and be happy about it or they'll never make another black superhero movie again
Rihanna will be Misty Knight. Her best move coming off her brilliant performance in Battleship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom