• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seeing this

Sad. What's sadder is that this is about what I imagined.

Seems like if you're mixed and identify black both sides seem to accept you. Other way around though and both will probably mock you. Dat one drop.

I wonder why that is? Is it the perceived power of the dominant culture? What were some of the things they said to her if you don't mind me asking?(or if you even remember)

the one thing I remember specifically is that she pulled some strings to get her DL changed to state her race as white female an one of the sisters in class said that the cops would probably whip her ass and say she stole the license for that bullshit.

Kreed

Is the perception of being mixed also something unique to black people?

I mean this could just be confirmation bias speaking but to me it always seemed like it's only an issue with black people. If you're light skinned people assume you're mixed and if you say you aren't then the thought in the back of their heads is something like "well your great great grandparents probably..."

but like when I see guys try and guess a girl's ethnicity when they're asian or hispanic they always just guess one. Never that they're mixed.

Unless they're mixed with black. Then there's all sorts of names like "Blasian" that people like to throw around.

Please tell me I'm full of shit here

This is all a continuation/a by product of the one drop rule as you stated. "Looking black", paper bag tests, having African ancestry/slave ancestry and having less rights because of it, etc... When you think about two cultures built on top of this type of logic, no matter how many years have passed and laws have changed, the thinking/thought process hasn't changed that much. I wouldn't say this is unique to black people in regards to the rest of the world vs cultures in the US.

3568252140_52caa430ab.jpg

jbuO92CjVWX3nZ_e.jpg

Slay kept himself occupied while he was banned I see.

Gorillaz

I'm addicted to the-coli and stormfront

Coli ranges from hilarious to "the fuck is this dude talking about" alot. I remember going through all their forums a week or so ago and saw their gaming side was basically following what was posted on gaf and reposting it there like a few mins later lol. They had another one that was about lifestyle or OT or something..and someone was talking about how it's better to stay in the hood then to leave it. Talking about you can do more for people in the hood by staying in it, then leaving it and giving back.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Coli ranges from hilarious to "the fuck is this dude talking about" alot. I remember going through all their forums a week or so ago and saw their gaming side was basically following what was posted on gaf and reposting it there like a few mins later lol. They had another one that was about lifestyle or OT or something..and someone was talking about how it's better to stay in the hood then to leave it. Talking about you can do more for people in the hood by staying in it, then leaving it and giving back.

Right now I'm going through the Zoe Saldana shutting down her husband in public thread and omg... these guys hate her for being with a white guy. Its so amazingly passive aggressive and rationalized too.

Gorillaz

Right now I'm going through the Zoe Saldana shutting down her husband in public thread and omg... these guys hate her for being with a white guy. Its so amazingly passive aggressive and rationalized too.

lmao one dude straight up called her a coon for that, idk if he's trolling or not but yooo

RedSwirl

How I see it is

If you're mixed and you identify as white. Black people will clown you because to many you're disowning them for a group of people that will never see you as one of them unless you can "pass".

And white people will clown you because they don't see you as one of them if your black features are too dominate and you don't scream european.

I think this is unique to black/white relations, going with anecdotal evidence right now but one of my good friends is half white half Chinese. He identifies as white and no one bats an eye at that. If he were half white half black, I'd imagine he be clowned pretty hard by these same people.

I've heard people talk about this. It's probably not unique to black/white relations at all. I remember one of my HS teachers talking about how his white/Chinese son isn't accepted by the other Chinese kids at school despite speaking Chinese better than most of them. I imagine identifying as white would be easier in that situation though.

I actually remember proposing an old black woman character for a level I was working on
for the shitty Walking Dead game, not the one everyone likes

I literally remember in a meeting saying "You know, Georgia is like 30% black, there should probably be some more black people in the game...", since I don't think we had any in the game at that point in the project.

Then I figured that old black women won't take shit from anyone, so they'd probably survive surprisingly long in a zombie apocalypse. And there aren't enough old black women in games, so fuck it, why not.

Enzom21

So I just found out what Outlast was.. damn.

I could barely get through some parts of The Last Of Us.

I would never survive.
The game really isn't that scary. At the beginning there are some moments that make you jump but midway through the scares kind of just peter out and the end is meh.

Anybody heard of Neknominations? It's some olympic oriented drinking game where someone selects you to drink shitload of alcohol in a short time then you select someone else.. Might just be a Canadian thing tbh. But I'm seeing them all over my timeline and some dude just drank Beer mixed w/ Vodka, Ketchup, Some Russian alcohol banned in Canada, head and shoulders shampoo and pubes.

yes all of them doing this are white.

Apparently two people have died so far.

Example.

DominoKid

Anybody heard of Neknominations? It's some olympic oriented drinking game where someone selects you to drink shitload of alcohol in a short time then you select someone else.. Might just be a Canadian thing tbh. But I'm seeing them all over my timeline and some dude just drank Beer mixed w/ Vodka, Ketchup, Some Russian alcohol banned in Canada, head and shoulders shampoo and pubes.

i78AmsoaUcYU6.png
cmon.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Smh

jwk94

Black GAF I need some advice. I'm black and I've never actually dated a black girl. I've had three girlfriends in my past and they were all white. This year there's this really cute black girl in my class and I've started talking to her a little. I'm going to see if she'd like to hang out sometime. Is there anything I should be aware of beforehand? Or is dating a black girl the same as dating a white girl? FYI, I'm in University.

Example.

all I can say is CACS!!!

cdyhybrid

Example.

First Drake and Bieber and now this.

J10

Banned
Black GAF I need some advice. I'm black and I've never actually dated a black girl. I've had three girlfriends in my past and they were all white. This year there's this really cute black girl in my class and I've started talking to her a little. I'm going to see if she'd like to hang out sometime. Is there anything I should be aware of beforehand? Or is dating a black girl the same as dating a white girl? FYI, I'm in University.

Black girls have pinker vaginas, or at least the skin contrast makes it seem that way. Don't let it catch you off guard or you'll make her feel weird.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Example.

what the shit is this?

jwk94

Black girls have pinker vaginas, or at least the skin contrast makes it seem that way. Don't let it catch you off guard or you'll make her feel weird.

that's understandable, thanks.

Example.

People are really stupid.

Watch the hair bro

lol

Gorillaz

Example.
Shampoo....pubes....and..ketchup

yall need jesus

First off, your over thinking it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom