• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Is there any way at all to get into the TF beta now that sign ups are closed?

Edit: Wait, I just logged into Origin and I'm DLing the beta now. Where was my fucking email, EA?!

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Amusing (or sad) college Jeopardy episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvPm6tD63ZM

They avoided it like the plague...

banderas.png

I wouldn't be surprised if one of their answers was "who is my school friend Jamal"

Silenced Carbine is too stronk.

Cloak + Arc Grenades + Shock Rocks burn card = fun!

After playing Forza with some GAF members on Sunday, we all went to titanfall after racing, and damn if last titan standing isn't one of the best things to do with some friends. Every on is dead but the last titan on each team, were all cheering him on, then BAM he snatches the motherfucker out his titan and tosses him into a wall. We win the jubilation is off the scale......but its only the first match, we still need to win 2 more. Shit was great.

cdyhybrid

Silenced Carbine is too stronk.

Cloak + Arc Grenades + Shock Rocks burn card = fun!

Maybe once I get more used to the whole wall-running thing and end up with some good vantage points. I run and gun most of the time so the shotgun is perfect.

It is nice being able to jump into a new FPS and not getting shit on.

Onemic

Our break up was mutual, but ultimately she was unhappy. Now she's dating some dude who does MMA for a living. Honestly I don't miss her so much as I miss the company. I mean any chick who shares my interests can fill her spot TBH. We had alot in common but I never felt like she was "the one".

This was definitely one sided, I broke up with her. Now that I've had time to think about it though, I feel like I might have done it for the wrong reasons. Part of it is that I miss the company, and part of it is that I wish I just tried to tackle the issues head on and see where it would go. I feel like I quit before I should have in a way.

Kreed

I just read the asg thread. Why are we being called out?

For the same reason we keep getting lurkers/drive by posters in this thread bringing nothing but negativity. They google search their names, see us talking about their threads, and then want to bring their mess in here/throw us under the bus in other threads. I can only imagine the amount of tears that guy would have if he wandered into one of the former GAFer spin off forums.

So, KFC or Popeyes?
I had popeye's spicy the other day for the first time.

biscuit: both are garbage, but I have to give it to KFC. popeye's was waaay too oily.

sides: popeyes, or the one I went to anyway, only had a couple. I chose the mashed potatoes with cajun gravy. definitely better than KFC, but I need my highlighter mac & cheese. DRAW.

chicken: breading, taste, and seasonings are way better at popeyes. not even a contest.

Overall, I give it to popeye's.

Oh man, an associate of mine committed suicide this morning. I didn't know her super well, but damn if that's not depressing regardless. She apparently owed about $200k in student loan debt. She originally owed like $90k but couldn't find a decent job and ran out of deferments, apparently Sallie Mae wouldn't consolidate her loans so she had different interest rates.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, an associate of mine committed suicide this morning. I didn't know her super well, but damn if that's not depressing regardless. She apparently owed about $200k in student loan debt. She originally owed like $90k but couldn't find a decent job and ran out of deferments, apparently Sallie Mae wouldn't consolidate her loans so she had different interest rates.

Debt can weigh heavily on your soul. That's a shame. :(

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

Damn, that's just fucked up. :( I'm trying to warn a few of my friends not to take so many damn loans if it's not absolutely necessary... that debt is a scary thing.

Poor thing. :(

Gorillaz

That reminds me of the story we talked about a few OT's ago with dude being 300 large in debt for law school. When it hits 6 figures like that you have to basically pray to god that you land somewhere big out of school. Like have connections out the ass, big.

That reminds me of the story we talked about a few OT's ago with dude being 300 large in debt for law school. When it hits 6 figures like that you have to basically pray to god that you land somewhere big out of school. Like have connections out the ass, big.

I remember that. Nigga better become a crack kingpin or some shit, that's the only way he crawling out of that hole.

Nakazato

I'm like 90k in debt.... its feels bad. Considering I can find a stable job in my current feild. Going to transition to IT so I can least make it. So much studying but I'm so lazy atm. Going to pay for a few programs and learn that way while finding a 9-5.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

Damn...

So, KFC or Popeyes?

Popeyes, personally. It's all about flavor. KFC is safe, sterile, good technique.

Also, as a Caribbean (Haitian), I like my rice and beans.

I stay the F away from Church's unless I want to be ghetto. I've only had Bojangles Once so I really don't have an opinion as it didn't leave a negative/positive impression.

And for my New York ninjitsus, yah know about that Kennedy Fried Chicken.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Student loan debt is beyond fucked up, how it's handled here. I warn everyone I talk to, that's looking to go to school, about the dangers of good ole Sallie.

I need oil money to get rid of this shit. lol

Popeyes, personally. It's all about flavor. KFC is safe, sterile, good technique.

Also, as a Caribbean (Haitian), I like my rice and beans.

I stay the F away from Church's unless I want to be ghetto. I've only had Bojangles Once so I really don't have an opinion as it didn't leave a negative/positive impression.

And for my New York ninjitsus, yah know about that Kennedy Fried Chicken.

Damn son, you're Haitian, from NY, you know about that Kennedy Fried Chicken...

Even cooler in my books, breh .... minus your traitorous ass downplaying the colonel.

I'm like 90k in debt.... its feels bad. Considering I can find a stable job in my current feild. Going to transition to IT so I can least make it. So much studying but I'm so lazy atm. Going to pay for a few programs and learn that way while finding a 9-5.

I feel for you. I'm in the government welfare known as the military, so I can only imagine what that's like. Keep your head up. Stay positive. Make a solid plan like the kid in Fresh.

I do IT in the U.S. Marines. If you have any questions, please hit me up. IT is sort of the Phoenix field. A lot of people rise from the ashes trying to crack into the field. Just know the money will be low at first unless you can get certifications or degree. But those don't take the place of experience.

Programs...Cisco Network Academy (CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Security and IT Essentials). There are community colleges that offer classes (this is the cheapest way). VMware Academy (cheap way to get the VCP certification). And if you have a local library, you can possibly get access to Safari Online and try studying for certifications that way (Cisco Press and Sybex books are in there).

Damn son, you're Haitian, from NY, you know about that Kennedy Fried Chicken...

Even cooler in my books, breh .... minus your traitorous ass downplaying the colonel.

What? We kicked that ninja out of Porta au Prince. I'm 37 right now. I remember when it wasn't "cool" to be Haitian (Like it's cool to be Black or Haitian). Ninjas use to be like AIDs this or eat cat that. I remember I had cousins that came up from there to go to elementary and high school, and were being ostracized/hated against. Now Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, etc are giving daps and shout outs.

Debt can weigh heavily on your soul. That's a shame. :(

Yea she was a pretty laid back person, always had a smile on her face even when her personal life was taking a beating. Her little sister is crushed, been reading the facebook comments and I'm damn near depressed.

Damn, that's just fucked up. :( I'm trying to warn a few of my friends not to take so many damn loans if it's not absolutely necessary... that debt is a scary thing.

Poor thing. :(

Yea Sallie Mae plays no games, but then again the entire system is just utterly broken. No caps on tuition, so school constantly raise it. It's vicious man.

90k sounds like quite a bit, but I imagine with Obama passing a few of those bills your repayments might not be soul crushing?

Student loan debt is beyond fucked up, how it's handled here. I warn everyone I talk to, that's looking to go to school, about the dangers of good ole Sallie.

I need oil money to get rid of this shit. lol

I agree completely. It's a bubble that's going to pop and it's going to be so bad when it does.

Looks like New York Fried Chicken down here. Only place you can walk into at 2 am in the morning for a soggy 3 piece for too much money.

New York is the home of the Night Walkers. I remember being 18 and my cousin, Greg and I, used to go to Kennedy, White Castles, Dunkin Donuts or certain pizza spots late.

NYC is probably the best place in the world to find a places to eat. And I've lived in L.A., Miami, VA, etc.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yall scaring the shit out of me with loan horror stories.

I'm in c.c right now but plan on tree ransfering to uni to finish out my bachelor's and taking out a loan is pretty much my only option.

Definitely going to be more proactive about seeking aid abd scholarships in the coming Months.

harSon

Banned
I'm glad my High School grades weren't shit, because I was forced to go the Community College route. You lose out on that dorm experience, but my college experience was still great, and not having two more years of University of California tuition (which was about ~$10-12k per quarter) feels so fucking good right about now. My only regret is giving a shit about the prestige of a UC versus a state college, and not attending the latter to shave off even more money (it's about half the cost of a UC). That shit doesn't matter within a lot of majors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom