• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everybody, really. IDK, just felt I should tell ya'll, telling everybody else.

Its strange, I don't feel angry or sad or crazy its just...empty. Like, I just don't have the drive to do anything. He'll never get to be upset about these sorry ass Dallas Cowboys, never share another Christmas, never see my little sister graduate. Its just this big hole there now.

damn this is melodramatic and shit

harSon

Banned
So my dad just died. He had a stroke about a day after I got banned, and although he's been getting better...he suddenly went into shock this morning and couldn't breathe. And now he's gone.

shit

shit shit shit

Sorry to hear that man. Losing a loved one is always a heart breaking ordeal :(

So my dad just died. He had a stroke about a day after I got banned, and although he's been getting better...he suddenly went into shock this morning and couldn't breathe. And now he's gone.

shit

shit shit shit

Damn so sorry man, lost my dad a few years back I know how tough it is. Hopefully it will bring your family closer together.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

shit

shit shit shit
Oh boy :(

Sorry to hear that, JC. My condolences to you and yours.

Biker19

Banned
I find it funny how posters think we should "just deal with it" when it comes to race issues and posters constantly being willfully obtuse at best about race relations, rushing to come to the defense of such situations such as:

*Racist tweets solely because a character in a movie is black
*People in Hollywood calling others 'niggers'
*People saying that blacks were happier in slavery
*The killing of a teenage boy who was only walking home from a convenience store
*The assassination of said boy's character on this forum alone, not to mention throughout the media
*The plethora of blackface and racist costumes displayed during Halloween, including a depiction of a dead Trayvon Martin (complete with gunshot wound) and dressing a child in Klan outfit
*A stop and frisk system in which the people who run in admit that it targets more blacks and latinos than whites
*Black soccer players having bananas thrown at them
*A kid being killed solely because his music was too loud
*A young woman being killed about knocking on someone's door to ask for help after a car accident
*The assassination of an NFL player's character for a heated post-game interview
*A Black History Month "celebration" which consisted solely of serving fried chicken, watermelon, and cornbread

but then can't "just deal with it" when we vent about it in this thread.

Exactly. You just reminded me of why I hate America & why I wished that I was out of this country (I'm an African-American male myself).

shit

shit shit shit

I'm very sorry for your loss. My condolences.

Gorillaz

Exactly. You just reminded me of why I hate America & why I wished that I was out of this country (I'm an African-American male myself).

Unless your held down by family or kids, it's not too too hard to save some money to live abroad. FM still lives in Japan iirc

im still new to this community but is it a running joke that alot of you guys posting in here have avatars with black dudes with white girlfriends?

Not meaning to offend anyone.

It's a little community gag.
Easy bra, that "gag" is my wife.

kanye-west-so-serious2.gif

im still new to this community but is it a running joke that alot of you guys posting in here have avatars with black dudes with white girlfriends?

Not meaning to offend anyone.

i always find it amusing that when people bring this up there's always a LASER FOCUS on the Black Male and White Female combination despite there being other combinations on display.

i always find it amusing that when people bring this up there's always a LASER FOCUS on the Black Male and White Female combination despite there being other combinations on display.

Well it comes up on other forums alot. So when I saw it here I laughed and got curious. I dont want to mess the thread all up but there's reasons for it to be a focal point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom