• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
street fighter is the most stagnant fighting game series ever cuz of this really. Maybe in sf5 we'll have a new version of ryu who has has changed other his time training under oro. Who knows.

Meanwhile Tekken stays shaking shit up in the story, even if it sometimes for the worse.

i like tekken, but the mishima clan seems like they belong to another over the top manga or something.

DominoKid

Why is it fighting games stories get so fucking convoluted and shitty? I am scared to know what Blazblue's story is.

Because they don't really put much thought into it beyond contriving a reason for all these motherfuckers to be fighting each other.

Namco is probably the best at it. But they jumped the shark in Tekken by introducing Jinpachi Mishima. I never bothered to play SC5 so IDK what happened in the story there but the story in that series was solid at least through SC3.

Yep, I mean ryu and ken were originally not going to be in sf3.

Tbh, I would have loved to have seen them not in SF3.

I mean, it would be different but I guess I don't mind since I don't care for shotos lol.

I guess not including them at all would feel weird since they were there since the very beginning and all.

Parallax

Yep, I mean ryu and ken were originally not going to be in sf3.

my only problem with sf3 is third strike. the presentation dropped and they decimated my main, but chun li, yun, and them parries tho.

fuck that noise.

Sonic 2 > S3&K is acceptable. Its kinda like picking Aquemini > ATLiens; WRONG, but understandable.

Now when they start on that CD > S3&K shit, that's when a nigga start lookin at like they crazy

Parallax

Sonic 2 > S3&K is acceptable. Its kinda like picking Aquemini > ATLiens; WRONG, but understandable.

Now when they start on that CD > S3&K shit, that's when a nigga start lookin at like they crazy

i have no attachment to 3&K,(outside of the badass final boss themes) but love CD. so ill take the crazy looks.

Imm0rt4l

Come on Immortal, Tekken doesn't shake shit up. All they do is change which pointy hair guy is the biggest asshole in each game.

well relative to street fighter, it does but I guess that's not saying much. But I agree

the story went full retard after 4 for sure. 4 generations of mishimas, a corporate/military empire, bastard children, deaths, clones, science, magic, androids and supernatural shit. Yea shit is some straight up bad manga shit.

Trey

I'll stand by that statement till death, or until another game convincingly removes it from the top.

It does too much right and gets out of the players' way.

I think the more sequels a fighting game has the more absurd/convoluted the story gets. I mean look at SamSho and Amakusa. Geese Howard and FF. But goddamn I lovee some Garou.

well relative to street fighter, it does but I guess that's not saying much. But I agree

the story went full retard after 4 for sure. 4 generations of mishimas, a corporate/military empire, bastard children, deaths, clones, science, magic, androids and supernatural shit. Yea shit is some straight up bad manga shit.

Maybe it's my nostalgia blinders, but it really felt like the story was decent-to-pretty good up until the resolution of four. Pretty sad what they did.

Trey

3s is a mess balance wise. Pick chun or yun....maybe ken if you want a fighting chance.

That's such a lazy thing to say. Akuma, Makoto, Dudley are all competitive and have all won tournaments, even to this day where Japan is still playing the game.

And even still, it takes a lot of work to be really good with the top tier. You're not winning at the character select screen in 3S. You have to know every single match up, and earn every single victory unless you're playing a Twelve or something. The tactical knowledge and dexterous consistency required from Third Strike is formidable, and its gallery of characters are interesting and unique. The systems that run undercurrent of Third Strike is what makes individual skill so important: you make an error and you will be punished regardless of which character you choose.

It's a game that knows what it wants to be and does it as well as it possibly can. All the important tenets of SF gameplay absolutely hum in Third Strike.

Dereck

I am a fighting game enthusiast yet I couldn't begin to say any fighting game is the best fighting game, I don't know the criteria for that kind of shit.

Parallax

That's such a lazy thing to say. Akuma, Makoto, Dudley are all competitive and have all won tournaments, even to this day where Japan is still playing the game.

And even still, it takes a lot of work to be really good with the top tier. You're not winning at the character select screen in 3S. You have to know every single match up, and earn every single victory unless you're playing a Twelve or something. The tactical knowledge and dexterous consistency required from Third Strike is formidable, and its gallery of characters are interesting and unique. The systems that run undercurrent of Third Strike is what makes individual skill so important: you make an error and you will be punished regardless of which character you choose.

It's a game that knows what it wants to be and does it as well as it possibly can. All the important tenets of SF gameplay absolutely hum in Third Strike.

that can be said of all fighters though.

Kreed

But are they racist by Webster's dictionary standards?

I'd actually love to see a gaffer defend a KKK member, just for the amount of mental gymnastics involved to defend someone as not being racist when they themselves are wearing the banner with pride vs hiding it.

So I'm all for this FSU girl getting throttled if she manufactured a rape charge, but it's pretty sickening how quickly people are looking for her twitter, posting her picture and spreading rumors with no sources.

Jameis Winston? Hadn't heard anything about manufactured charges, but people should always be weary of what they post online/social media, even if these "internet detectives" are taking things too far.

Imm0rt4l

Yea, it was lazily said, I was exaggerating. I mentioned the s tier characters. You just named off top tiers so that doesn't really help your point honestly.

Except for fireballs and grapplers, of course.

and footsies.(the game has em' but like other qualities of 2d fighters, it's very different in 3s)

3s is the least street fighter of any street fighter game. That doesn't make it a bad game though. I think it's safe to say that it's the most divisive in the series. A lot of 3s players are pretty much just 3s players. top sf players don't even really like 3s but came up on shit like st. I don't care for st though, shit is antiquated.

I am a fighting game enthusiast yet I couldn't begin to say any fighting game is the best fighting game, I don't know the criteria for that kind of shit.

basically.

Slayven

I'd actually love to see a gaffer defend a KKK member, just for the amount of mental gymnastics involved to defend someone as not being racist when they themselves are wearing the banner with pride vs hiding it.

Jameis Winston? Hadn't heard anything about manufactured charges, but people should always be weary of what they post online/social media, even if these "internet detectives" are taking things too far.

By some gaffers point of view Stormfront isn't racist.

Kaizer

Banned
D5qDagi.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Tekken 6 & Resurrection intro was the best.

Randomly Jinpachi (Heihachi's dad was apparently a powerful fighter and demonic force too!) breaks out from being chained up underneath the Mishima mansion for who knows how many years. Meanwhile Heihachi comes back from the dead, Kazuya is using G Corp to save the world but secretly is just doing it to stop his son Jin from world domination (who is really just doing it to awaken Azazel, the power responsible for the Devil gene, and defeat him).

Japan.

Parallax

then thats maximum bullshit. you pay all that and then have to pay more for cars on top of it? these dudes were planning on nickel and diming from the start, and still are despite all the shit that went down this summer. its amazing the hubris this company has.

And this is why I fucking know moneyhatting is fucking involved with the "gaming media". I watched a review for it on rev3 and it was getting high praise. But another "show" was sponsored by Forza,and not one mention of the micro transactions. But didn't another racing game do this on 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom