• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT5| A Nation of Drakes Can't Hold Us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHZ Mayor

then thats maximum bullshit. you pay all that and then have to pay more for cars on top of it? these dudes were planning on nickel and diming from the start, and still are despite all the shit that went down this summer. its amazing the hubris this company has.

Also, this post.
Token cost of all cars in the game comes to 168993
if bought at simplest token value cost of 8000 per $100 usd, that comes to $2200. you could probably bring it in a bit cheaper by buying the remaining balance with smaller amounts instead of the 8000 lot.
if bought at the least value cost of 1250 per $20 that comes to $2700.
cheapest overall brings it to $1690 with 100 tokens per dollar..

da fuq?

Holy fucking fuck.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The sad part is that it's a mandate from MS for all first-party studios to do this. What a clusterfuck.

I also read that the reason the European gaming media is picking up on this is because Microsoft isn't legally allowed to give them the fully unlocked game, but they can get away with it in the US. So all of the US gaming media played a fully unlocked game and nobody bothered to do their research.

Imm0rt4l

And this is why I fucking know moneyhatting is fucking involved with the "gaming media". I watched a review for it on rev3 and it was getting high praise. But another "show" was sponsored by Forza,and not one mention of the micro transactions. But didn't another racing game do this on 360?

Really? That is kinda shady. I was thinking it was just negligence/shoddy reviewing. Kotaku for example reviewed killer instinct by playing 30 matches against the cpu. That's maybe a little over an hour of game time?

Kaizer

Banned
Man, if people thought online passes and DLC unlocks for content already on the disk were shitty, I can only imagine what new monetary strategies we'll be seeing this generation.

Jameis Winston? Hadn't heard anything about manufactured charges, but people should always be weary of what they post online/social media, even if these "internet detectives" are taking things too far.

True, but what I'm see is people posting about tweets/FB messages that "exist" and not even providing evidence of them. For some it's a foregone conclusion that she was fucking dude regularly because of social media, but they provide no proof or evidence.

Gonna get worse, since GT6 has microtransactions

Ugh. Have they outline those, yet?

DominoKid

I thought Power Stone 2 blew dick. They tried to do too much w/ that one.

Power Stone 1 tho
iRsmdCrs74Eqx.png

Kaizer

Banned
I've never played Power Stone, I keep thinking about getting the collection off of PSN to play on Vita but I'm not sure.

You would think that with advancements in tech, we would have a shitload better remakes. PowerStone, Ergeiz, The Guardian Legend, Einhander, Rival Schools. Are some proper sequels at least.

damn, mad peeps getting a Sero 7 Pro for Xmas.

the calls keep coming and DAT 2013 Nexus 7 just isn't in the range people asking me for advice wanna drop on their kids in addition to other stuff.

definitely a solid device though, my grandma loves hers.

harSon

Banned
Also, this post.

Holy fucking fuck.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90728445&postcount=240

I'm obviously not too far into the game, but from what I've played, I don't think consumers are going to be forced into microtransactions. You can get by just fine with race winnings alone. I mean if you're impatient and don't want to put in the work to get the reward, then absolutely then absolutely there's a chance. These racing games have always had a ridiculous amount of grind attributed to them, and this game is no different. I suppose my play style may be different than some, considering I'm by no means a completist.

I swear people are just out for blood at this point.

I'm obviously not too far into the game, but from what I've played, I don't think consumers are going to be forced into microtransactions. You can get by just fine with race winnings alone. I mean if you're impatient and don't want to put in the work to get the reward, then absolutely then absolutely there's a chance. These racing games have always had a ridiculous amount of grind attributed to them, and this game is no different. I suppose my play style may be different than some, considering I'm by no means a completist.

oh, the prices were displaying incorrectly? yo, i got a bridge for sale...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

It's still bullshit if the grind is upped too severely to get the best cars and upgrades. Some guy on the official forums was proud that he managed to earn 1mil tokens in 24 hours... what the hell. That gets you nowhere close to the best car in the game. And it also sounds like that the best cars are locked away on DLC.

harSon

Banned
Having fun with Injustice on the PS4. The D-pad is a whole lot better than the PS3s.

Yup, the controller is flat out better across the board. My only complaint about it is the positioning Options and Shares, and when that's the only complaint you can levy, then you know you've done something right.

Yeah, they decided to be selective in fucking over the consumers. They figured Europeans already get fucked on software and hardware prices, so they'd give them a break on the DLC.

wouldn't surprise me, they've been doing selective digital screwing since the real money transition. some would say even before based on the price of spacebucks by region...

what happened?

some dude stripped his gf/wife/whatever or something like that.. y'know, that TIWWCHNT shit

FyreWulff

Halo 4 still has perks that are only available if you pay for them. Know why MS wanted their console to be online 24/7? so they could count on being able to have IAPs everywhere.

They probably figure why give the game away for free and have IAPs when you can make them pay for the game then pay for IAPs. Same with gating F2P games like Happy Wars behind Gold. Get as much money as you can while you're still in gaming. It's all about those profit windows and short stocks. MBAs don't belong in gaming.

Kreed

True, but what I'm see is people posting about tweets/FB messages that "exist" and not even providing evidence of them. For some it's a foregone conclusion that she was fucking dude regularly because of social media, but they provide no proof or evidence.

It's even worse when you see main stream media running with these internet posts with no proof what so ever that they are real or accurate. Trayvon and the "doesn't look like him at all alike" that was being posted around, and that school shooting where the shooter's brother was plastered all over the news. But even in those cases I am assuming they at least checked if the facebook page existed vs the scenario you're describing (wouldn't surprise me if they weren't), but that's how desperate people are for news now and to be the first with a story against the rest of the internet.

Onemic

My favorite player coming up. Then I was a McGrady fan. Shit hurts.

I was a McGrady fan before he betrayed us and went to Orlando. Now I'm laughing that he finally realized the mistake he made.

It's even worse when you see main stream media running with these internet posts with no proof what so ever that they are real or accurate. Trayvon and the "doesn't look like him at all alike" that was being posted around, and that school shooting where the shooter's brother was plastered all over the news. But even in those cases I am assuming they at least checked if the facebook page existed vs the scenario you're describing (wouldn't surprise me if they weren't), but that's how desperate people are for news now and to be the first with a story against the rest of the internet.

What thread you guys talking about?

BHZ Mayor

Two threads are made about a man being stopped 258 times in 4 years at his job by cops, out of those, he's been searched over 100 times, arrested and jailed 56 times, and arrested for trespassing 62 times, with the only conviction of all of these incidents being marijuana possesion. Not a single post defending it, or downplaying the issue, not even sarcastically.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=720271

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=720998

A third thread is then made, but there's a big difference between this one and the other two. The first two threads present the story without bringing up the racial aspect of it. This new thread doesn't.

I present to you, the first post.

Two threads are made about a man being stopped 258 times in 4 years at his job by cops, out of those, he's been searched over 100 times, arrested and jailed 56 times, and arrested for trespassing 62 times, with the only conviction of all of these incidents being marijuana possesion. Not a single post defending it, or downplaying the issue, not even sarcastically.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=720271

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=720998

A third thread is then made, but there's a big difference between this one and the other two. The first two threads present the story without bringing up the racial aspect of it. This new thread doesn't.

I present to you, the first post.

And the great GAF social experiment continues. That's fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom