• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

I like LeBron's show already. This chick with this nipple ring
nkmgeP6.png
EK2vLdm.png

What's this now?

I was at the bar the other day and this white dude very nonchalantly said "some other nigga" or something to that effect. My boy(Mexican) goes up to him and says "Hey what was that you said? I didn't hear you" jokingly so that he'd have to repeat it in front of me. I go up to dude like "the fuck you just say?!" and I can sense he kinda just wanted to just crawl into his shell. Then I'm like 'I'm fucking with you lol'. I just kinda let that be a lesson to him but kept it playful. No need to get kicked out the bar over some dumb shit. plus I was drunk.

Lol I can't Fuck with people like that unless I know em. I don't have a problem but I just let people know just because I'm cool with it other people aren't.

Imm0rt4l

Lol I can't Fuck with people like that unless I know em. I don't have a problem bit I just let people know just because I'm cool with it other people aren't.

Yeah I understand, but I'm not bout to get kicked out one of my favorite bars over some dumb shit. He was shook and I think that was a lesson learned that if you don't mind your mouth at least mind your surroundings cuz there could be consequences.

Yeah I understand, but I'm not bout to get kicked out one of my favorite bars over some dumb shit. He was shook and I think that was a lesson learned that if you don't mind your mouth at least mind your surroundings cuz there could be consequences.

Yeah I feel you, luckily I don't run into it often enough to say anything. I would like to think must people got enough self control. That's an easy ass whooping requirements for some folks.

Malyse

The first two episodes are on youtube it's like the 3rd post (and there are only 6 episodes in total). Do Starz shows even appear on Netflix?

Actually, they don't anymore. Starz was being a little punk and wanted a "Starz premium" extra charge. Netflix was ha ha nope, so Starz pulled everything. I forgot about that.

I liked it. I feel like it has potential to get better.

Is it one of those good shows with an awful title and bad promos? Cause it looked so terribad I skipped it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i think i'm finally over this flu

mentally, i feel like i just walked out of the hyperbolic time chamber

if i was healthy, i would've been in a ton of dumb shit by now.

J10

Banned
So, he took her back after she allegedly cheated, but the #ManCrushMonday was over the line.

#PsychoMotherfucker

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
terror in resonance is just demonic lol

i swear this shit is based on a true story lmfao

also - i don't trust recommendation threads as much i trust you guys. the synthrock/80s thread, japanhop, neosoul threads are all over the place at times

(popgaf too, don't hurt me. i'm cool with you people now)

any recommendations? i'm gonna give Sia, jhene, and that new-ish MF some time today. anything else i need to check out? [i thought dance with the dead got a lot more love than it deserved]

J10

Banned

also - i don't trust recommendation threads as much i trust you guys. the synthrock/80s thread, japanhop, neosoul threads are all over the place at times

any recommendations? i'm gonna give Sia, jhene, and that new-ish MF some time today. anything else i need to check out? [i thought dance with the dead got a lot more love than it deserved]

Try this if you like that 80's synthy stuff. Won't cost you anything.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

The Dream -Royalty: The Prequel (EP)
Tinashe - All three of her mixtapes

If you need that
lZd7ueQ.png
shit, The Weeknd's tapes are good as well as his album.

Really though, hop on that awareness train, when Jessie Ware's album drops. Her last album is fucking great.

Who writes shit like this?

Is Amber the reason (well, he's the reason, but you get what I'm saying) Mariah and him split? o_O

Trey

If it was designed by a black dude, in honor of a badass black team, and the team name was the negroes? Not offended.

I said it was unpopular.

You must not have thought on it much. You put stock in a few elements that really don't matter in the grand scheme of things. For example, why is it important that a native American designed the logo? The Redskins is an offensive term to native Americans - and this particular term is the avatar for a team owned by a rich white man and disseminated to an audience that is majority white. Whites are literally profiting from, and buying into, a product that belittles a particular demographic.

The thought processes that went into the creation of the team and its name are from a different time, and thus are outmoded today. Even if the Redskins was an innocuous nod to native Americans at the time (it wasn't, the original Redskins owner was strongly racist), maintaining the disparaging name today in 2014 is an insensitive, racist action. It's clearly saying that "tradition" and name recognition is worth the debasement of native Americans.

This nebulous "story" of yours cannot possibly ameliorate the situation.

Malyse

What is this fucketry?! WUT?! Those poor white women, man tell this crusty ass chick and every white chick who thinks the same to kick rocks.

Tangential, but it reminds me of a study that showed of how once any cast had more than one third females, people would complain about it being all girls*. Same mentality IMO.

*most recently witnessed in Smash Bros 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom