• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the fact that he's bringing that gangsta shit back but....I guess it's his delivery. He reminds me of Guru and I just wasn't a fan of Guru even though he's one of the best. A whole album of him is overkill.

I dunno about the Guru comparison but I understand about not liking a rapper because of his delivery. Guru is one of those rappers I can't deal with for that reason. :lol Talib Kweli would be another. Dope MCs but yeahh...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm already sold on Survivor's Remorse from the first 10 minutes

this shit is everything that The Game was supposed to be. This female militant would've taken all my money tho lol

Cadillactica could have been AOTY, but if what I heard about having no features is true....ehhhh
I gotta confession black gaf

I despise KRIT
vZKv0v2.gif

RP912

Banned
I dunno about the Guru comparison but I understand about not liking a rapper because of his delivery. Guru is one of those rappers I can't deal with for that reason. :lol Talib Kweli would be another. Dope MCs but yeahh...

Ugh Kweli is one of those rappers that takes forever to let the listener know the purpose of his bars. He's like a social conscious Jerry Seinfeid.

Maybe I'm not listening to Gibbs right. I'll probably bump Pinata tonight when I do a gaming session.

I dropped Kweli after Quality. Enough was enough.

I gotta confession black gaf

I despise KRIT

ih0Vhb6Wncybp.png

I don't hate him but I'm not crazy about him like some people are. PD or Esch really summed him up the best when they said he's trapped in a glass box of his own creation

RP912

Banned
The thing about KRIT is the fact that his fans hype dude to the moon. Yet, his content consist of Mississippi, closing chevy doors, candy paint, and other shit that would be cool to listen to in 1999 during the durrty souf days.

Speaking of KRIT...when in the hell Jay Electronica dropping an album?

harSon

Banned
The thing about KRIT is the fact that his fans hype dude to the moon. Yet, his content consist of Mississippi, closing chevy doors, candy paint, and other shit that would be cool to listen to in 1999 during the durrty souf days.

Speaking of KRIT...when in the hell Jay Electronica dropping an album?

You haven't heard? It was delayed cause he's doing the soundtrack for The Last Guardian

Ugh Kweli is one of those rappers that takes forever to let the listener know the purpose of his bars. He's like a social conscious Jerry Seinfeid.

Maybe I'm not listening to Gibbs right. I'll probably bump Pinata tonight when I do a gaming session.
I dropped Kweli after Quality. Enough was enough.

I could never sit through a solo Talib project...

But this album:

Idle_Warship_-_Habits_of_the_Heart_%28Wiki%29.jpg

...was a decent surprise.
Still a collab but still lmao

Kreed

The Equalizer was good film, but you people are way too loud in the theater. You don't have to applaud every time Denzel blinks.

Krit gonna drop some heat. He's working with other producers too, so hopefully the album won't get stale.

Mt. Olympus was :whew:. Can't wait. Still deciding if I should go to his concert coming up in two weeks.

People complain about not having any features but I prefer it that way tbh. When you have an album literred with posse cuts, guest verses on almost every song it just shows that the artist really can't hold himself for a whole album.

also RIP Ab-Soul.. didn't think he'd smoke himself out before Wiz but he managed to do it. He really gotta get himself off them drugs and clear his mind. I do understand he has a lot of issues, especially with the love of his life possibly committing suicide and all.. It's a lot to take in, but dude's on a whole mess of drugs and it could mess up his career before it really takes off. His debut album is next.. if that one is These Days tier then gg.

I was going through tons of random 2000-era tracks last night. The Documentary by The Game.. Classic brehs.

That Get Rich or Die Tryin' soundtrack with Hustler's ambition.. :blessed:

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Different genre but I'm in love with this song. Don't bother though if you can't stand slow builds into craziness.

BT & Adam K - Tomahawk

This is wavy as fuck.

I was going through tons of random 2000-era tracks last night. The Documentary by The Game.. Classic brehs.

That Get Rich or Die Tryin' soundtrack with Hustler's ambition.. :blessed:

Man, I wish Game would cut back on the name dropping. I fuck with his music, even now, but his most recent track had like 30 name drops in one verse. lol

Imm0rt4l

This is wavy as fuck.

Man, I wish Game would cut back on the name dropping. I fuck with his music, even now, but his most recent track had like 30 name drops in one verse. lol

I don't even listen to him anymore, but he still does this? I think he had the best album out the Unit after Get Rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom