• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

jordan is chilling

BykmIymCAAAbKG8.jpg

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
What are the horror folks in here watching next month? I doubt that I'll be able to do 31 days straight, but there are some old films that I need to catch up on -foreign too-.

October always starts off with nothing Halloween related (TV wise) until maybe after the 15th so I'm doing horror games play through first half of the month and then I'll be watching whatever comes on TV once the spirit kicks in.

I started early tho. I've been playing through Silent Hill (1st game) and RE2 this past week and been having a blast. (Lot of people suggested them to me so I started playing and these games are awesome haha)

RE2 really feels like an dramatic action horror game, although it isn't as extreme as the later games, it's still more of a thrill ride but I'm not complaining. I've always liked the series for this, not constant anxiety which is what some say they get from it (baffles me lol). It's weird but I feel the same for this game as I do for RE3. I like them more than Zero and REmake...

As for Silent Hill, this is a true horror experience. I can see why some are too scared of the series. It truly takes nerve to beat the nightmare sequences. They're terrifying. I had to take frequent breaks to gather myself. But I'm replaying it again to get a better ending.

Only thing that I would consider white culture is NASCAR and extreme sports. You got shitted on so hard if you liked that shit.

But niggas like Tony Hawk on PS1 and those big ass M&M NASCAR jackets.

Silky

Banned
I'll do what I do every Halloween and boot up Clock Tower.

--

I remember when kids used to talk shit about me skateboarding in elementary school.

But when they saw me do that boardslide the outside rail they were shook af

Malyse

I'll do what I do every Halloween and boot up Clock Tower.

--

I remember when kids used to talk shit about me skateboarding in elementary school.

But when they saw me do that boardslide the outside rail they were shook af

Lupe and Pharrell got you.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
October always starts off with nothing Halloween related (TV wise) until maybe after the 15th so I'm doing horror games play through first half of the month and then I'll be watching whatever comes on TV once the spirit kicks in.

I started early tho. I've been playing through Silent Hill (1st game) and RE2 this past week and been having a blast. (Lot of people suggested them to me so I started playing and these games are awesome haha)

RE2 really feels like an dramatic action horror game, although it isn't as extreme as the later games, it's still more of a thrill ride but I'm not complaining. I've always liked the series for this, not constant anxiety which is what some say they get from it (baffles me lol). It's weird but I feel the same for this game as I do for RE3. I like them more than Zero and REmake...

As for Silent Hill, this is a true horror experience. I can see why some are too scared of the series. It truly takes nerve to beat the nightmare sequences. They're terrifying. I had to take frequent breaks to gather myself. But I'm replaying it again to get a better ending.

RE 2 is some type of Carpenter Romero hybrid of sorts, to me. The atmosphere was heavy, just not on the, "use this glitch or have no ammo" tip of Zero, REmake, and Outbreak (cause they really are the only ones like that). Seeing the gun shop owner go down had me like, "even the dudes with guns are getting slaughtered D:" I'd love for an update of RE2 with today's tech. Seeing all of those zombies shambling in the city, dead rising style, and running because you only have enough shells for two of them.

I've always preferred RE to Silent Hill, due to the combat, but Silent Hill 3 is my shit. If you haven't played it, try it when you get a chance. Disregard anyone praising Silent Hil 4: The Room. Outside of the hub, that game is terrible to me.

KumaJG

ByirzHOCQAEyxgz.jpg:small

It
Says Michael Sam Couldn't Even Handle Dem Cocks
talking about the South Carolina Gamecocks for reference.

Yoooooooo I am done with life

Bykvop2CUAAJ1qE.jpg

DominoKid

espn is way more lenient with signs than the wwe. they had a good one up last week about mark may getting arrested so many times and still trying to talk shit about jameis.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
RE 2 is some type of Carpenter Romero hybrid of sorts, to me. The atmosphere was heavy, just not on the, "use this glitch or have no ammo" tip of Zero, REmake, and Outbreak (cause they really are the only ones like that). Seeing the gun shop owner go down had me like, "even the dudes with guns are getting slaughtered D:" I'd love for an update of RE2 with today's tech. Seeing all of those zombies shambling in the city, dead rising style, and running because you only have enough shells for two of them. lol

I agree 100% LOL

I'm surprised how well 2 holds up. I was mad as hell about the tank controls for a minute (LOL) but I'm adjusted again and it's great.

The ammo is exactly what I'm referring to. 2 and 3 don't make things too tedious and I'm loving it. Outbreak games at least make up for most of the ammo scarcity by giving us melee weapons.

Another remaster of REmake is fine I guess but I really wish 2 and 3 got something. Even if they combined them into one game, that would be very appreciated.

I've always preferred RE to Silent Hill, due to the combat, but Silent Hill 3 is my shit. If you haven't played it, try it when you get a chance. Disregard anyone praising Silent Hil 4: The Room. Outside of the hub, that game is terrible to me.

Which Silent Hill's have you played? The first one is really good with combat and that's what I like about it. It has a lot of the setbacks from RE worked on and in particular, I'm referring to the melee weapons and a lot more mobility. (Feels great to dodge attacks on such an old game)

I saw a play through of 3, looks scary as fuck. :( but I beat the first one, I know I can handle it~ I hope haha. I'm gonna get the second one and then try SH3, if you like it I'm sure it's gonna be great (BCT, we have great taste, all of us LOL).

Speaking of fashion. That's one thing that bugged me when I was back home this summer for my cousin's wedding. Random people on the street wearing knit caps, bubble jackets and goose down. It's 102 degrees outside and I guarantee you that might have been hot in the streets in Brooklyn 6 months ago but now you're just getting sweaty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom