• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships Wimbledon, 2016 |OT| Brexit at Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
One match at a time and all that, but Federer v Murray final looks very likely.

i'm as big a federer tard as they come, but i'm not liking his odds of making the final. big hitters on grass is a problem for the old man, so playing both cilic and raonic (though if he makes it through cilic i could see raonic not showing up for the semi) is a real hurdle. his performances at stuttgart and halle were also not very encouraging.

but no matter. just knowing that djokovic won't be able to add to his grossly inflated slam count is enough to make anything that may come enjoyable.

RedAssedApe

Banned
fed remaining half of the draw are all missile launchers. average height 6'5". his serve is going to have to be on point.

could work in his favor if he makes it to the final though. potentially less mileage on his body going up against these play styles.

Fed usually seems to handle those guys pretty well. In all honesty I'd be happy with a Murray or Fed win and a final between them would be cool. I wouldn't mind seeing another player making a big upset either.

I'm definitely a Fed fan and would love to see him win wimbledon one last time but if he doesn't it's not the end of the world.

Number45

I want Federer to hold the record for wins alone, so he's my first choice. I'd be more than happy with Murray and Tsonga too.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Vesely wins. Not because I like Vesely especially, but because at least Thiem's top 8 seeding is secured a little longer, and between Pouille and Vesely you have a young player making the SF.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i expected vesely to lose, but hoped he would at least make berdych play as long as possible to give pouille a better chance. no such luck, it seems.

Halep is soon sliding out of the "she's still so young and talented" into the "why has she not won a GS yet" phase of her career.

Halep is soon sliding out of the "she's still so young and talented" into the "why has she not won a GS yet" phase of her career.

The most overlooked narrative of last year's US Open on the women's side was her bombing out in the semi against Pennetta after beating Azarenka. At the time it didn't seem too bad because Serena was winning the tournament anyway, but in hindsight that might've been the best chance to win a Slam she'll get. Great effort to get into a tie-break in the second set today, but needed to bring much more to it.

Looks like the only thing worse than losing a marathon baseline war of attrition is winning them: Cibulkova, slapping her legs in frustration, loses 2 and 2 the day after the most physical match of her life (her words).

Tough match for Federer.

His returning needs to be better than what it has in his last 3 tournaments. Cillic and Raionic are far more dangerous players on grass than anybody on Murrays side.

Chumpion

There was no denying the Kerberator yesterday. She was just relentless. I don't know if anyone could have beaten her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom