• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships Wimbledon, 2016 |OT| Brexit at Wimbledon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsonga knocked Federer out of Wimbledon before & Berdych has been a finalist.

Berdych was a finalist 6 years ago. What has he done since? He's done nothing of note at Grandslam level since. Murray will beat him in the usual three.

Tsonga isn't as dangerous as Cillic or Raonic on grass. These big servers are far more dangerous of causing upsets.

Tsonga will try to play from the baseline and that will suit Murray. As Murray does everything better than him.

Anyone here ever bought a Federer hat on retail? I live in Canada and I've called just about Nike/Sportschek branch and all of them say they don't hold it in stock. Are they only available online then?

Anyone here ever bought a Federer hat on retail? I live in Canada and I've called just about Nike/Sportschek branch and all of them say they don't hold it in stock. Are they only available online then?

the normal hat with RF on it? they are everywhere. granted i live in Switzerland.

LET'S FORM A PRAYER CIRCLE

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ROGER TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

oti

Banned

John Dunbar

correct about everything
at least federer is making the tiebreak scoreline somewhat respectable. still won't be enough, i fear.

edit: yep, there she goes.

Ricker

One set done,2 to go for Raonic...all you haters will repent ;p

Fed loses his first set at Wimbledon this year.

leng jai

Cilic is a master tactician with this backhand spam. As usual Federer would be much better off slicing 70-80% of his backhands.

Knew this would be a very tough match for Federer. Hopefully he improves in the second set as I don't him winning it if Cillic wins that too.

Cilic is a master tactician with this backhand spam. As usual Federer would be much better off slicing 70-80% of his backhands.

Exactly my thought. Dunno why Federer isn't just slice spamming his backhand. Murray did it to him at Queen's and it worked fine.

leng jai

Federer returning from 2 metres behind the baseline and trying to hit topspin backhands from shoulder height. Ridiculous shot selection.

MIMIC

Banned
Go, Cilic!

Long ago, I had him winning Wimbledon. Now that my fav is out, hopefully he can get it done ^_^

Should've broken him at 4-5. He got tight but Federer missed two easy backhands and a second serve return. The miss at 0-15 was one of the worst I've seen this year. Still think he can pull it out, but mentally he must be reeling.

MIMIC

Banned
Querrey's down 0-2? Not surprising. Raonic has made some tremendous improvements in his game...especially at the net. He was awesome to watch at the Australian Open. Raonic-Cilic would definitely make a great match (assuming Marin and Raonic get through today)

leng jai

Federer has never been a good tactician, and today is another example. Just continually hitting underpowered, unreliable topspin backhands that bounce right into Cilic's hitting zone instead of hitting low slices and making his opponent generate pace.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
well at least it looks like he wasn't straight setted. still a very steep mountain to climb. probably too steep for an old man.

of course i may have spoken too soon. still tennis left in this set.

darkwing

well at least it looks like he wasn't straight setted. still a very steep mountain to climb. probably too steep for an old man.

of course i may have spoken too soon. still tennis left in this set.

Federer is getting too old to win 5 set matches, maybe a few years ago, but now, no hope

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Federer is getting too old to win 5 set matches, maybe a few years ago, but now, no hope

it's a bit different with a player like cilic as opposed to djokovic or murray. points are so short that physically he should be fine. might hurt him for upcoming matches though.

don't think he can come back though, so future matches are a non-issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom