• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Scullibundo said:
Played it for forty minutes. Now I'm off.

Game looks gorgeous. (360)
Sculli has Skyrim before me...

vlcsnap-2009-09-12-13h27m23s14.jpg

Luthos

Agreed that I would like a separate topic for pics. Because this will be a fast moving thread regardless. And I won't be able to keep up with the normal thread that much when I actually start playing the game.

NBtoaster

It's too bad that as you approach the giant's camp, one of those mammoths might spawn 100 feet in the air and fall to its death, or land on another mammoth and ride on its back for a few seconds before sliding off.

lol

I guess a 9.

liezryou

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Sorry if I missed this, could someone explain the Aussie VPN/8 AM EST situation...

You can unlock the game at the aus release time (6 hours) if you use a aus VPN to logon to steam.

Scullibundo said:
Played it for forty minutes. Now I'm off.

Game looks gorgeous. (360)
Really? I just don't see it at all. Maybe it's because I'm coming off Uncharted 3 but 3 hours in I've been dissapointed in the graphics. In the snow areas it looks excellent, but the water and forest areas look incredibly dated. Also the pop-in and texture work are not good.

The gameplay however is addictive as ever and the music is outstanding.

eso76

It's too bad that as you approach the giant's camp, one of those mammoths might spawn 100 feet in the air and fall to its death, or land on another mammoth and ride on its back for a few seconds before sliding off.

too bad ? this is AWESOME.

i always find these things harmless and very entertaining, ES wouldn't be ES without those.

it's not like i wear a helmet while playing and pretend i'm walking through Tamriel, so it doesn't really kill anything for me

Reuenthal

Banned
I just wish this is the last Gamebryo Bethesda game. It seems that it is a new iteration of the Gamebryo engine rather than something completely new (or as new as necessary), even if there are claims to the contrary.

This game is still going to be awesome of course.

FGMPR

Banned
eso76 said:
too bad ? this is AWESOME.

i always find these things harmless and very entertaining, ES wouldn't be ES without those.

it's not like i wear a helmet while playing and pretend i'm walking through Tamriel, so it doesn't really kill anything for me

Nothing beats the revolving head from the start of New Vegas. I too enjoy these glitches somewhat.

fanboi

Banned
liezryou said:
You can unlock the game at the aus release time (6 hours) if you use a aus VPN to logon to steam.

Someone in AUS should setup a proxy which we can use!

Or atleast give us some guidelines to good VPN (free!) and how to not get cought by Valve.

Munin

Reuenthal said:
I just wish this is the last Gamebryo Bethesda game. It seems that it is a new iteration of the Gamebryo engine rather than something completely new (or as new as necessary), even if there are claims to the contrary.

This game is still going to be awesome of course.

It is confirmed that it is heavily modified Gamebryo. And I am not even sure that Bethesda will dump it after this game, because why customize an engine over the years so much just to throw it away? It seems to me Bethesda are far from outstanding technicians so I almost imagine results with a completely new engine that they are unfamiliar with to be even worse.

exhume

So is there a second chance to change your character's race/sex/name after you begin, the way there was in Oblivion just before you leave the sewers?

Aussie here. Could pick it up right now, but I'm waiting on reviews. If it's a 95 Metacritic then I'll buy. If it's a 90 I can stand to wait a while. I know I sound like a tool, but I'm trying to spend what little money I have wisely. :p

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Still Gamebryo? Ugh. They BETTER have removed the microstuttering.

Does this support DX10/11 now? That may help eliminate the problem...

legbone

MrCookiepants said:
Aussie here. Could pick it up right now, but I'm waiting on reviews. If it's a 95 Metacritic then I'll buy. If it's a 90 I can stand to wait a while. I know I sound like a tool, but I'm trying to spend what little money I have wisely. :p

nothing wrong with that. not sure this will break the 95 threshold. but i figure a 90 is a given. i myself can't wait. i had a 10 buck amazon credit from rage so i got it for 50.

damn my workmate just sent a pic of his copy. JB Hi-Fi broke street date and I'm suck here waiting for the SUPERIOR PC VERSION to unlock at midnight! only 6 hours and a full work day to do D:

All right, Aussie street date broken.

My brother just rang to let me know as he just grabbed a copy. He has been ringing one of his friends that works in the inner city Melbourne store about every hour (lol) and she just rang him back to say street date has broken.

I'm about to leave work (it's nearly 7pm, pulled a late one) and there is a JB Hi Fi and EB Games about two minutes away. A copy for me, a copy for my GF and the next three days off.

See you on the other side...

*hyperventilates*

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Can't pick up my PC version until Sunday, so I hope to get performance impressions soon. If things don't look good, might have to bite the bullet and go triple.

Pixel Pete said:
damn my workmate just sent a pic of his copy. JB Hi-Fi broke street date and I'm suck here waiting for the SUPERIOR PC VERSION to unlock at midnight! only 6 hours and a full work day to do D:

You got it easy.
I ordered my copy from Ozgameshop.
It wont be here for at least two weeks

liezryou

fanboi said:
Someone in AUS should setup a proxy which we can use!

Or atleast give us some guidelines to good VPN (free!) and how to not get cought by Valve.

I tried, but couldn't find one that worked. I paid 1.99 for 3 days for VPN for MW3 activation early and it just happened to be active until skyrim activation :p.

vpntraffic.com

-Mikey-

If I watch any part of the 12 hour stream later today I'll more than likely pick it up. I must be strong and hold out till after finals! D:

Ferrio

Banned
FlyinJ said:
Still Gamebryo? Ugh. They BETTER have removed the microstuttering.

Does this support DX10/11 now? That may help eliminate the problem...

Wait huh? I thought this was suppose to be a new engine? Am I that far outta the loop?

I just ordered a new computer and it's coming in next week. I changed my skyrim preorder from PS3 to PC.

It's a good move in the long run, but the wait for Skyrim *and* a new computer may kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom