• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
Blue Ninja said:
It's bearable, yeah, but I still don't recommend it. It looks good, but the game just isn't built for it. I also don't really like the new shifting perspective, give me back my vanity mode. :'(

Guys, there's definitely a texture issue if you're installing it on the 360. If Pete Hines says there isn't, he's wrong. I have a legit copy in my hands, so all that "pirated copies get shafted"-crap is bull.

Bk9FX.jpg

Let's see if I get a response.

Thanks, I'm glad you said something. This by far my biggest concern with the game.

Donat said:
I still don't think it has anything to do with installing it. I made a quick video showing the bug, please excuse the bad quality but I only have my cellphone right now. Will do a better one later.
Blue Ninja, could you maybe try and replicate it the way I triggerd it?
I'll give it a look.

EDIT: I tried that yesterday after you mentioned it. Playing from the disc, I couldn't recreate it.

Watching Giantbomb play Morrowind fills my heart with joy. Modded Morrowind might as well be the best RPG in existence (sorry Baldur's Gate 2). Then again, it pains me to know Bethesda'll never deliver an experience close to this ever again if they keep casualizing and simplifying their games.

Lakitu

st5fu
Heh, I have a half hour free time, so I may as well watch a bit of the stream. They're playing Morrowind now, I'll gladly watch this until they start Skyrim. Then I'll turn it off.

Truant

Can you still piss off people to get them to attack you in Skyrim? I remember that was a really easy way to kill "innocent" people in Morrowind.

Fjordson

If you've got nothin' better to do, Giant Bomb stream is already pretty great.

Though it should be stressed that it's not Skyrim yet. Retrospective sort of thing with Morrowind and Oblivion.

It always surprises me that Bethesda allows people to stream their games right before release. Pretty cool, imo. Especially given the potential these open-world games have to completely break.

Leucrota

Looks like they are doing one of the first and easiest side missions where you kill all the rats in the lady's house. AHHAAHA

The memories. I love Morrowind.

Edit: The fat guy in the stream reminds me of:
american-pickers-frank-fritz-2.jpg

Mad_Ban

Elixist said:
any news on the ps3 version yet, framerate etc? srry that i havent browsed the thread.
A few people have it and have reported it as being very solid. But they've reported "hitching" sometimes when the game autosaves or enters a cutscene.

Mr YuYu

The atmosphere, the visuals, the music, the vistas... This game really is the game i wanted to play since Oblivion. But goddamn i have never had a game freeze on me 5 times (!!!!) in 4 hours.

Really kills the immersion for me. (and my cat is getting pissed as well. every time i sit my ass down i have to get up to reboot the game...)

Apart from the freezing up. Is anybody experiencing really long loading times? When i enter a building it takes a loooooong time to load up :-/

Sometimes i want to bring up the map (press B) and it seems to take like 10 seconds to bring the map up... Is this normal??
When i put weapons in favorites and then press up to select one, same thing happens... 10 secs delay.

Anybody else experiencing these problems?

Woorloog

Banned
GAxKt.gif

With luck, i'll be getting my copy within 3 hours. With luck. Without luck, it'll be tomorrow... which would suck as i'm the whole day alone now. Oblivion is poor substitute.

Valygar

I am tempted to try a Khajit. Is the +15 claw damage useful for anything? I guess not since there is not perk related (unless I'm mistaken) and you can't "upgrade" your claws. The only thing it might be interesting for is as secondary/tertiary weapon along with the bow/magics .

G_Berry

Banned
Yeah, it's out in Australia.

Graphics are a bit of a let down, I do have the game installed however and if the rumours are true, installing is not advised?

Leucrota

Concerning the GB Morrowind stream:

The guys just freaked out over hearing lightning for the first time. They had the exact same reaction I did the first time! I was so scared. Haha

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Aaaaannnnnddddd it's 100% pre loaded.

Time to set up the VPN client.

zlatko

Banned
G_Berry said:

Graphics are a bit of a let down, I do have the game installed however and if the rumours are true, installing is not advised?

That's what people are saying. 360? Let us know what kind of results you get. I'm curious. :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Even if the stores are selling the game, you can't start playing it because it requires Steam to unlock it, right?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
PatMcAtee said:
Concerning the GB Morrowind stream:

The guys just freaked out over hearing lightning for the first time. They had the exact same reaction I did the first time! I was so scared. Haha

Yeah that just woke me up, haha.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Visually, the game is a massive disappointment. What happened.

Rez said:
Visually, the game is a massive disappointment. What happened.

Interested to see how the PC version I bought holds up...Playing through the Witcher 2 again on Dark Mode, I doubt the comparison will be flattering...but Skyrim definitely looks to have scale on its side

putarorex

I had a crappy day at work made worse when I remembered I have another week before Skyrim is delivered here to me in Japan. I thought why not stop in Akihabara and see if the import shop has it. Now I'm heading home with the Asian ps3 version in my bag. It's gonna be a long train ride home. :)

Rapture

Yoshichan said:
Even if the stores are selling the game, you can't start playing it because it requires Steam to unlock it, right?

With the PC version it depends on your region, steam wont unlock it until 11/11/11 wherever you live. As for PS3 and 360, if you have it, play away!

Luthos

That thunder scared the hell out of me.

Also, I actually threw my hands in the air when he killed the dark brotherhood guy. That was an intense fight.

NBtoaster

Imp the Dimp said:
Unlike Valve, Bethesda is apparently less talented in keeping their ancient engine up-to-date. Shame, really.

From what I've seen there are far more updates to the engine from Fallout 3 than Valve had made since Left 4 Dead.

Truant said:
Is the australian version unlocked yet? Time to VPN this shiiiiieee

3 hours, 3 minutes.

Leucrota

Luthos said:
That thunder scared the hell out of me.

Also, I actually threw my hands in the air when he killed the dark brotherhood guy. That was an intense fight.

I remember that guy at the end of the bridge being a real pain in the ass when you are a lower level. Always avoided that guy until later on.

Why don't they buy some health potions for Christ's sake? I never died this much at the beginning.

Edit: "OOOOHHHHH LAVA!"
haha

Lakitu

st5fu
G_Berry said:

Nobody knows yet. Bethesda are quiet on the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom