• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBtoaster

Luthos said:
There's a thread for the stream, please don't post spoilers from there in here!

Imp the Dimp said:
Compare HL2 to Portal 2 and Oblivion to Skyrim (when you get your hands on it).

HL2 is 2004. Oblvion is 2006.

I said Left 4 Dead and Fallout 3 because they both released in 2008, there are far more improvements to gamebryo.

Woorloog

Banned
Valygar said:
I am tempted to try a Khajit. Is the +15 claw damage useful for anything? I guess not since there is not perk related (unless I'm mistaken) and you can't "upgrade" your claws. The only thing it might be interesting for is as secondary/tertiary weapon along with the bow/magics .
Useful for brawling (a form of "speech" to gain info) and if you take the Fists of Steel perk which increases your UA damage by your (heavy) gauntlets armor rating for a Khajiit, you'll be dealing nice amount of UA damage i think.
Frankly, among the weakest racials but what is an Elder Scrolls game if it doesn't have unbalanced races?

Luthos

NBtoaster said:
There's a thread for the stream, please don't post spoilers from there in here!
GiantBomb is playing previous Elder Scrolls game in the stream before they play Skyrim. I was commenting on his Morrowind playthrough.

Ryan_

Any news on the different guilds that are in the game?

I know the Dark Brotherhood will be represented, as will the Thieves Guild and the Imperial Guard but what about smaller groups?

God, I can't wait to play. 1 more hour of school and then it's just gathering food and drinks for an epic weekend.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I bought it. I never experienced Bethesda's games on launch. I bought for a purpose of an experiment. I want to experience it in a raw state and then experience the fixed version with mods a year later.

Hyphen

TheNiX said:
If you pre-order it, why bother lining up? Sit in your toasty car while the line clears and then pick up your copy.

I'm doing the London midnight launch mainly for my nephew. No way I'm letting him go alone. Also, being amongst the first 100 in the Game UK queue will ensure you a copy of the strategy guide, soundtrack (I'm sure it's just the 1-disc version) and 'goodie bag'. First 250 get the 'goodie bag'.

Timber

Lots of people will be disappointed by the graphics, I think. The engine is definitely an iteration of Gamebryo, with all that that entails.

Lakitu

st5fu
People are starting to get their copies from Game today. Hopefully mine comes. I have to wait until lunch time though to find out if I got it.

FuKuy

Timber said:
Lots of people will be disappointed by the graphics, I think. The engine is definitely an iteration of Gamebryo, with all that that entails.

Let's wait till PC version comes out...

Mr YuYu said:
Apart from the freezing up. Is anybody experiencing really long loading times? When i enter a building it takes a loooooong time to load up :-/

Sometimes i want to bring up the map (press B) and it seems to take like 10 seconds to bring the map up... Is this normal??
When i put weapons in favorites and then press up to select one, same thing happens... 10 secs delay.

Anybody else experiencing these problems?
I'm not having any of these issues on my ps3, i hope yours is ok because those probelms are def not normal.

PowderedToast

Timber said:
i thought people cottoned on to this with the leaked intro and what not. i like todd and all but there's no doubt he's a master at bullshitting, he always does this.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Aus VPN installed and ready to go. Steam store states game will be unlocked in 3 hours. Booyaa.

BTW. The Steam prices for games in Aus is amazing.

Kholdstare

cyberheater said:
Aus VPN installed and ready to go. Steam store states game will be unlocked in 3 hours. Booyaa.

Which one did you use? Did it cost you anything?

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Happy street-date-broken Skyrim release day guys. I just blew $408 on my CE copies + soundtrack and collectors guide. I'm drinking an ale from a ceramic stein and couldn't be more happy right now. Here's to the three day weekend and the Skyrim marathon session ahead *chinks beer*

Leucrota

PowderedToast said:
i thought people cottoned on to this with the leaked intro and what not. i like todd and all but there's no doubt he's a master at bullshitting, he always does this.

It was never denied that the engine used in Skyrim is a modified version of Gamembryo.

Damn, just cleared out a
Falmer
hive. Tough bastards.

Protip for anyone entering one of those lairs:
bring fire. Lots and lots of fire. Fire breath, flame spells, torches, anything you can burn 'em with.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Kholdstare said:
Which one did you use? Did it cost you anything?

I'm using vpnsecure.me

It cost me $2 for a 2 day trail. I looked long and hard for a free one but there was non that I found that worked properly or they required your credit card details and you had to terminate the account at the end of the trail or they billed you.
vpnsecure.me offer allows you a single payment via paypal. Seemed reasonable to me.

Kholdstare

cyberheater said:
I'm using vpnsecure.me

It cost me $2 for a 2 day trail. I looked long and hard for a free one but there was non that I found that worked properly or they required your credit card details and you had to terminate the account at the end of the trail or they billed you.
vpnsecure.me offer allows you a single payment via paypal. Seemed reasonable to me.

Funny thing, after asking you I decided to do a little digging and found them. Signing up as we speak.

cyberheater said:

haha wtf? You'd be happy to pay $90USD for skyrim? because our dollar is at parity with the USD, and yet we pay 50% on top of the US price...

Arcipello

ChocolatePuddin said:
I wait with baited breath.....please, for the guys that are unlocking it in a few ours, some screens would be greatly appreciated.

lol could you imagine if the PC version was on an entirely new engine which blew away all the compeition...i can dream :p

Donat

Neo Member
As promised, I redid the texture bug video with better quality and while having the game NOT installed (you can hear my 360 spinning the disc in the background) and it's even worse than before as re-equipping didn't give me the best textures (had to re-equip twice). Strange bug, especially considering Blue Ninja couldn't replicate it while having the game not installed. Well, let's just wait for an official response.

Wanace

Fuuuuuuuuuu, my download is still only at 64% damnit! Stupid Windows update in the middle of the night fucked me.

Shit. Won't be done by unlock time at my shit 100kb/s rate. :(

Blackface

Banned
Can someone explain this steam/Australian VPN thing to me? (I know how a VPN works). Also, does anyone know where I can access an Australian VPN without paying?

Plasma

Banned
G1DEv.jpg

Just turned up in the mail, Steam won't let me play it yet though ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom