• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ningo

Phonomezer said:
Wow, what a total cock-up :(

Good luck with the exam!

Thanks. Should be ok it's for business taxation and gst. Then advanced financial accounting and income taxation Friday and Sat next week. Then I can leave Uni forever after 6 damn years! But I shall have Skyrim, saints row, batman etc to make life bliss soon enough.

SLV

Marv_79 said:
Would someone be kind enough to put a Skyrim horned helmet on my avatar please? I'm rubbish at that sort of thing :)

Oh, could anyone do it with my kitty avatar aswell ? Dont have photoshop, have never used something similar either ;( Waiting for Aus release with VPN ready :p

Hyphen

LINK
Bootaaay said:
Note for anyone playing on PS3: only use a few save files at most. My game was slowing to a crawl and I had just been making a new save everytime, so I had about 30 save files. I deleted the lot except for my two most recent, and now the framerate is smooth again. I seem to remember Oblivion having the same problem on consoles.

val.nor

Neo Member
kurtrussell said:
Disclaimer:This is not an attempt at trolling.

I was wondering if any GAFfers in this thread could explain what all the fuss is about? I've seen demos, and gameplay videos and chatted to friends who are getting very excited about the release, but at the end of the day, this is just another tolkein-esque dungeons and dragons style RPG isn't it?

What am I missing here?

It sure is, and that my friend, is something fantastic.

RedSwirl

If I try this game out (never played Elder Scrolls) and end up liking it, what are the chances of Black Friday and Steam sales this year?

Darklord

Banned
kurtrussell said:
Disclaimer:This is not an attempt at trolling.

I was wondering if any GAFfers in this thread could explain what all the fuss is about? I've seen demos, and gameplay videos and chatted to friends who are getting very excited about the release, but at the end of the day, this is just another tolkein-esque dungeons and dragons style RPG isn't it?

What am I missing here?

It's tolkein-esque in the best possible way. Tons of rich lore, exploration, mystery, adventure. Plus it's own unique stuff too, not just a generic rip-off.

Midou

Blackface said:
VPN setup, 17 minutes until unlock.

With this VPN stuff, do you just need to use it to unlock, or keep it until the real unlock in your area?

Also I saw a bit of talk about this before, but what was a good service for it?

ksimm

Woohoo it has arrived! The map is actually really quite cool, though my cat tried to jump into Skyrim >_< so I had to promptly stash it away.

Blackface

Banned
Midou said:
With this VPN stuff, do you just need to use it to unlock, or keep it until the real unlock in your area?

Also I saw a bit of talk about this before, but what was a good service for it?

Unlock, then playoff offline

I will be streaming live on Twitch.tv but I doubt anyone wants spoilers here.

Midou

ksimm said:
Woohoo it has arrived! The map is actually really quite cool, though my cat tried to jump into Skyrim >_< so I had to promptly stash it away.

Were you afraid your cat would be lost in Skyrim if it succeeded?

Looking forward to seeing some PC footage.
3AQmK.gif

KKRT00

Blackface said:
Unlock, then playoff offline

I will be streaming live on Twitch.tv but I doubt anyone wants spoilers here.
Just post ini files on pastebin.com and some shots [from menu too] please :)

Atruvius

OH MY GOD! My copy of Skyrim just arrived. Post has never been this fast. THIS IS AMAZING! And I have to wait an hour to start play this. :(

I'm TREMBLING!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Nvidia ForceWare 285.79 Beta have been released offering a 3D profile for Skyrim.

-The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – rated Excellent

Brilliant. Looking forward to playing this on my 100 inch screen later on tonight.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Phonomezer said:
I think they're pretty good after the first 30 minutes.

pretty good is not enough. I remember the first time playing Oblivion, the graphics totally blew me away.

Sn4ke_911 said:
pretty good is not enough. I remember the first time playing Oblivion, the graphics totally blew me away.

Yeah I was waiting for that "first time you leave the sewers" moment Oblivion provided as well, but it all comes together on your way to the first village. Everything just feels so alive in comparison to Oblivion.

AEREC

RedSwirl said:
If I try this game out (never played Elder Scrolls) and end up liking it, what are the chances of Black Friday and Steam sales this year?

$10 price drop on steam at the most for the holidays since it will still be fairly new and very popular.

Im sure Black Friday deals will be a bit better because some stores might offer a reduction on all games or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom