• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im takin the Ally McBeal looking Khajiit, fattening him up a bit and then specializing his badassness in stealth, marksmanship and sneakthievery.

Already stocked up the groceries and cleaned. Not leaving this apartment for the next four days. Even my cat will be like, "Dude, leave."

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
timnich said:
How are pc people playing this early? I just checked steam and it wont unlock for me:(

Depends on your time zone. It's been out in Oceania for like 12 hours now. Some people have used VPNs to make the Steam servers think they are in Oceania to unlock.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Can those of you with the game please comment on the skybox/clouds/weather? Oblivion had one of the best dynamic skies of any game, so I'm wondering how Skyrim compares. I imagine it's even better.

JackEtc

Lyphen said:
Or....completely pure reasons such as time zones, and retail outlets breaking release dates..
Oh, right. I was just reading on reddit that that version was out, and just assumed that was why. I feel stupid now, just thought about the VPN thing.

MrOogieBoogie said:
Can those of you with the game please comment on the skybox/clouds/weather? Oblivion had one of the best dynamic skies of any game, so I'm wondering how Skyrim compares. I imagine it's even better.
It's one thing Skyrim doesn't disappoint in visually, you can expect some lovely skybox/weather effects

BadTaste

Getting some decent FPS with Skyrim maxed out.

It goes anywhere from 40-60 FPS on this rig..

Radeon HD 5870
i7 920 @ 3.8 GHz
6 GB RAM
1680x1050

spk

1. Go to your Steam Directory -> steamapps -> common -> skyrim -> Skyrim
2. Create a backup of the SkyrimPrefs.ini file
3. Open the file, then scroll down to where it says [Display]
4. Add to the bottom of the section iPresentInterval=0
5. Save, exit, and play

Has anyone with input issues try this yet?

I'm going to see if it fixes the x/y accel issues

Realyn

BlazingDarkness said:
It's one thing Skyrim doesn't disappoint in visually, you can expect some lovely skybox/weather effects
Clouds, Rain, Snow and that stuff are very good. You dont look much at the skybox.

Woorloog

Banned
DoctorZ said:
Any fixes for the interface on PC. So far it sucks using WASD for the menus.
What? Ouch. That sucks.
But no fixes yet. You probably have to wait till Creation Kit is published and people start modding...

DoctorZ

Branson said:
Yup. Using a controller is one fix :p

Yeah, my plan is to use my 360 controller on the couch with my HDTV. But need to figure out how to get audio from my mobo to my receiver.

case blocks hdmi port on GTX 480 so I have to use DVI to HDMI
No optical on mobo
so I need a way to get the stero audio out of my PC to my receiver.

So for now I am hoping for a hotfix patch for the PC controls.

MrOogieBoogie said:

Oh god, absolutely beautiful. Probably the strongest visual impact of the game. The cloud, fog and environmental effects they have added look amazing.

Gvaz said:
It's a fucking chicken. After I killed it some townsperson went over to it and was all like....Poor Jacob, you died so young~ or the equivalent emotion of it through animations.
Dude, if some hoodrat I didn't even know came into my place and killed my chicken(s) for no reason, I would be pissed and assume the person is a psycho.

Zeliard

Chriswok said:
Yup, that was it! Thanks, Zeliard, I'd have never thought about that one.

NP, actually had the same issue myself. Had to remember that basically the same thing happened with Fallout 3 and I think also Oblivion. Don't remember if I had to for New Vegas. It's very rare that games do this so it can be annoying to troubleshoot, but once you know it's endemic to Bethesda games it becomes less of an issue. Still annoying, of course.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is there really no mouse control in the menus? You have to use WASD as if it were a d-pad?

This is how PC interface works:

Mouse only works for "clicks" so you can click active menu buttons and it works for confirmation/cancellation clicks.

Mouse doesn't work to navigate up/down/sideways

Zeliard

cartoon_soldier said:
This is how PC interface works:

Mouse only works for "clicks" so you can click active menu buttons and it works for confirmation/cancellation clicks.

Mouse doesn't work to navigate up/down/sideways

Bethesda Game Studios

Phreaker

cheststrongwell said:
Does anyone know if Walmart does midnight releases?

My local WalMart is 24hrs, so they will ring up games at midnight. I got Bioshock there at midnight with a few other people.

DoctorZ

Zefah said:
Is there really no mouse control in the menus? You have to use WASD as if they were some d-pad?

What I fin frustrating is that come things can be clicked. Makes it even more frustrating since I cant remember what can and cant be clicked.

Gandie

Can anybody explain how I can bind items to the keys 1 through 0? I might've missed it in the tutorial or is it simply not possible? Would be a big bummer, since the favourites menu thing is horrible.

Zeliard

LeadGandalf said:
Can anybody explain how I can bind items to the keys 1 through 0? I might've missed it in the tutorial or is it simply not possible? Would be a big bummer, since the favourites menu thing is horrible.

Wallach mentioned earlier that you highlight something in your favorites menu then just hit 0-9 to hotkey it.

How does marriage work in TES? Do I have to woo the broad first like in Mass Effect or do I just club her over the head and drag her to my cave?

Also, can I kill her if I get sick of her? Can I marry more than one?

bunbun777

After playing a Bosmer for Morrowind and Oblivion I think it is time to switch it up.
Was leaning towards Nord with one handed and magic, but now I am seriously thinking of going full on mage with all the bad ace spells -- and maybe a little archery and sneaking for fun.
So high elf it is with white and silver hair.

This game wins Hype of the Year for me.

Natiko

Banned
I ordered this with release date delivery from Amazon but it's still listed as "shipping soon". Is this usual? Or am I fucked for getting it tomorrow? :(

LProtag

Natiko said:
I ordered this with release date delivery from Amazon but it's still listed as "shipping soon". Is this usual? Or am I fucked for getting it tomorrow? :(

Mine usually ship at night or really early in the morning. They use airmail and always get here on time.

Natiko said:

Sometimes mine doesn't say shipped until the morning and it usually arrives rather late (around 6-730pm). But you'll get it tomorrow.

Natiko said:

They have taken up to around 10PM-11PM sometimes for me to get a notice of it shipping.

Natiko

Banned
InsertNameHere said:
Mine usually ship at night or really early in the morning. They use airmail and always get here on time.
Deadly Monk said:
Sometimes mine doesn't say shipped until the morning and it usually arrives rather late (around 6-730pm). But you'll get it tomorrow.
Thanks for the info! Good to hear it'll still show up. Every other time I've used Amazon with release delivery I've never actually checked to see when it shipped.

For those interested in the lore, I updated the OT with some information about what happened after Lord of Souls but before Skyrim. Also added in links to the Reviews thread and the PC and Console performance discussion threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom