• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
EbgxI.png

Thank you, Based Amazon.

Gvaz said:
It's a fucking chicken. After I killed it some townsperson went over to it and was all like....Poor Jacob, you died so young~ or the equivalent emotion of it through animations.

I killed a chicken and got arrested, feels bad man.

Orlandu84

After reading one little review about the game (Gamespy's), I broke down and bought the game from Steam immediately. I had been delaying because I doubted the hype. Once I read Gamespy's review, I just couldn't resist anymore. I don't know if I've saved myself hours of more indecision (by just getting the game) or days of my life (by purchasing the game before Christmas). I guess only time will tell;)

Zeliard said:
NP, actually had the same issue myself. Had to remember that basically the same thing happened with Fallout 3 and I think also Oblivion. Don't remember if I had to for New Vegas. It's very rare that games do this so it can be annoying to troubleshoot, but once you know it's endemic to Bethesda games it becomes less of an issue. Still annoying, of course.

Sound sounds very crackly and distorted at times now. Think I'm going to have to have a mess about.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, man. I'm going to bucket the shit out of people tonight.

DoctorZ

I wish there was at least a sub menu for equipment so I can see if I have gloves, shoes, etc on. You have to just make sure you got one of each type the way it is now. I like the streamlined menu for a controller, but sometimes I forget to put on a helmet or something since its first person.

Xena

Snuggler said:
COME ON GABE JUST PUSH THE DAMN BUTTON

what sense is there in making us wait three more hours

Hahaha I agree!! It's been a pain to endure this day.... release it already, Valve!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
DoctorZ said:
I wish there was at least a sub menu for equipment so I can see if I have gloves, shoes, etc on. You have to just make sure you got one of each type the way it is now. I like the streamlined menu for a controller, but sometimes I forget to put on a helmet or something since its first person.

Equipment isn't broken down by type? That sounds like a mess.

Also, there's no easy way to check what you have equipped? Can you at least compare an item to your current equipment?

I Big JG I said:
how did you get caught?

Some guard spotted me I think, at least he came running suddenly and I was like "chill out I was just hungry" but he threw my ass straight in jail where I slept out my hangover next to a dead guy and got to leave the next day.

SRTtoZ said:
LOL! They do my local news in NY, why on earth would he say that? Was he trying to say something else? haha.

I think he was just trying to say "keep doing your job so well". The look on that womans face is amazing.

-PXG-

Gonna get this shit tonight at midnight. Can't fucking wait. No work tomorrow. Three day weekend of nothing but Skyrim.

DoctorZ

Zefah said:

Also, there's no easy way to check what you have equipped? Can you at least compare an item to your current equipment?

You get an apparel menu with all your armor in a list. If there is a way to sort I missed it. It sorts it by armor set I think.

The compare is basically a number, + if it adds armor and - if it reduces armor rating.

Completely useless if you want to compare light vs heavy armor though. Heavy isn't always better game.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
One of the few single player games you don't even gotta worry about finishing in a weekend. It's a drug, a deadly poison.

Zefah said:

Equipment is broken down into types, there's individual sub menu for weapon, apparel, food, misc etc
The only way to check what you currently have equipped is just to jump into the menus and anything that's equipped will be marked
And yes, selecting an item will compare it automatically with you're currently equipped equivalent, displaying a green + or red - and the amount.

DoctorZ

BlazingDarkness said:
Equipment is broken down into types, there's individual sub menu for weapon, apparel, food, misc etc
The only way to check what you currently have equipped is just to jump into the menus and anything that's equipped will be marked
And yes, selecting an item will compare it automatically with you're currently equipped equivalent, displaying a green + or red - and the amount.

yeah I forgot there are submenus for type.

But the compare +/- is sort of useless for comparing different types of equipment.

I would like a straight up compare, hit a button and it brings up selected items stats and next to it shows your equipped item's stats of the same type.

Gvaz

Banned
What do Spell Tomes do? Do they help you learn spells or are they like scrolls where it's instantly cast when you use them?

Wallach

Gvaz said:
What do Spell Tomes do? Do they help you learn spells or are they like scrolls where it's instantly cast when you use them?

You might save first (just in case), but in Oblivion these taught you spells permanently.

DoctorZ said:
yeah I forgot there are submenus for type.

But the compare +/- is sort of useless for comparing different types of equipment.

I would like a straight up compare, hit a button and it brings up selected items stats and next to it shows your equipped item's stats of the same type.

Yeah that would be better, the current +/- is just for the most basic def/atk comparison really, I think they're leaving the other stat upto the player's own discretion based on what class they're wanting to roll with

Any more takers on VPN decrypting? I think I've had something like 25-30 people use it so far with success.

I'm a fucking modern day internet crack dealer. JUST ONE HIT! I GOT YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom