• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalnos

Banned
mik83kuu said:
The engine is so clearly just an updated Gamebryo :-( Unless of course they rewrote the engine as an imitation to Gamebryo...

I really like the game, but it has almost all the usual Bethesda annoyances and bugs.

That wasn't a secret at all, it was confirmed the same day as the game IIRC.

ksimm

So over 2 hours in and loving it so far. I've basically accomplished so little but seen so much.
Ive had a few bugs here and there but nothing game breaking though. When I got off a horse it skated on all fours back to where I found him in the open which was funny.

Textures are way better in Skyrim as is the water, and the weather effects that I've seen so far are great. There seems to be a great deal more atmosphere. I really wish I could play more but it's 3am and I need sleep! :(

Keasar

I just proclaimed this game as awesome, was exploring a dungeon when suddenly I got attacked by zombies. Corned, I look down on the floor, noticing some oddly colored water and start thinking "Wait a second, that look like...oil!" *FWOOSH!* I throw a firespell at it and it ignites, turning my foes to cinder and me grinning like a child.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
3FJqd.png

zlatko

Banned
Pre-installing on steam as we speak. Anyone know which server I could get a good download speed at? :( I'm in Nebraska and have a 20MBS down connection, but I'm only get about 500KB/sec from Denver and Chicago servers.

sytadel

I'd love to know the pros and cons of either finishing the main quest first or leaving until last, assuming you can carry-on after completing the main story-line. Any information at all regarding this?

So I just sold my copy of Skyrim because my friend paid me an extra 15$ for it.

Now I want to commit a horrible act to myself. Those midnight lines are not worth 15$...

EviLore said:
All the mage robes have +50% magicka regen as a baseline attribute, and mage gear in general trades the armor stats for starting out with significant enchantment from the beginning of the game.
But I should be able to enchant my heavy armor to make up for this, correct? I will just have to wait longer until my enchantment is up to snuff? I can't imagine the enchantment on the robes are so amazing that heavy armor is completely pointless. I would think enchanted heavy armor is the best of all worlds, just takes longer to get there?

thefil

Has anyone figured out how to get the Cleared tag on a location? I'm exploring a Fort (Greybrook?) and cannot get it to trigger.

Cheska

Just a heads up, seems the Skyrim Collectors Edition guide is already out of stock on Amazon. Might be worth tracking a copy down if you were already considering picking it up.

DangerStepp

9:15 here.... Only a couple hours until I'm out of this thread until Monday morning.

Trickster said:
A zombie that I raised myself got angry at me for punching him and started attacking lol, this game man.
You gotta ask yourself... Bug or supposed to happen?

An Elder Scrolls mystery....

O.O

styl3s

Anyone have a skyrim wiki or a hella in-depth site i can glance over? trying to learn some stuff before i pick it up tomorrow, i am hoping bestbuy has the CE guide but in case i want to get the low down.

I am stuck between dual wielding, sword/mace and shield or sword/mace and magic.

I really want to have magic but i want to smash faces as well.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
i gotta say...i work on friday, and then i have school 9-3pm on saturday...

fucking play the shit out of the game for me bros....the SHIT OUT OF IT :'(

Echoplx

Hmm I just finished a dungeon that forces you to use quick travel to get out at the end (you technically exit to skyrim but it's a pit) and then the game crashed

:/

DangerStepp

From those that have played on PC, does M/KB feel natural? Will I be able to hokey and combo attacks/magic?
Edit: pretty much beaten by the guy Above me ^^

Pollux

GodfatherX said:
work until 2am, picking up tomorrow before my half day of work, then 9 days off

360 as well
You're going to have fun lol. I can only play all day tomorrow and saturday then back to studying for finals.

Seth C

GodfatherX said:
work until 2am, picking up tomorrow before my half day of work, then 9 days off

360 as well

I'm off work and picking it up at midnight, but we have a game tomorrow and then I have to shoot Mister Heavenly at Cosmic Charlie's. Damn it, obligations. Go away.

Seth C said:
I'm off work and picking it up at midnight, but we have a game tomorrow and then I have to shoot Mister Heavenly at Cosmic Charlie's. Damn it, obligations. Go away.
i have no clue what those things are

zmoney said:
You're going to have fun lol. I can only play all day tomorrow and saturday then back to studying for finals.
i had vacation time to burn before my company buyout happens, still have another week i need to take by years end

GhaleonEB

I'll be scooping this up tomorrow morning, but I'm enjoying the anticipation and all the early impressions. The eve of major title releases are always fun.

Pollux

Seth C said:
I'm tempted to just put the game on espn3 and keep playing Skyrim. Depends on how good this game is. If it's as good as people are saying then that's what I'll probably do.

I mean it's Marist....so...

decisions...decisions.

What are y'all playing for your first character?

I can't decide between a pure warrior sword and shield heavy armor Nord

or

An Argonian assassin/archer/stealth type

or

Dunmer mage (I'm tempted on this one because I hear that this game actually has necromancy...not just summoning, but actually bringing dead things back to life...)

Can't make up my mind. Suggestions?

Seth C

GodfatherX said:
i have no clue what those things are

Mister Heavenly is a band consisting of of Honus Honus of Man Man, Nicholas Thorburn of Islands and The Unicorns, and Joe Plummer of Modest Mouse and The Shins. Last year when they went on tour Michael Cera was their bassist. Cosmic Charlie's a music venue and bar in Lexington where they are playing.

Noaloha

Wait. Wait wait wait.

On the console version... how the shit do I grab stuff? Not take, just pick up and carry / pull about. Please tell me I'm just being dumb and missing something.

Reuenthal

Banned
In my first town I reached, I met someone who says that Skyrim is the place of the Nordsand and another who says that he values honor and loyalty as a Nord. I am getting GOT, Winterfell vibes and that is a good thing.

Wallach

Toodles said:
Wait. Wait wait wait.

On the console version... how the shit do I grab stuff? Not take, just pick up and carry / pull about. Please tell me I'm just being dumb and missing something.

Hold down A. Once you have ahold of it you can let the button go.

mik83kuu

Banned
Earlier tonight my horse tanked a dragon for me. It is awesome until the horse "sees" something on the other side off a wall and gallops off to whoop it's ass :)

Seth C

Toodles said:
Wait. Wait wait wait.

Hold the action button, I believe I saw.

spk

I tried the NVInspector settings shown in the PC thread and it's causing problems with loading. What could be the problem? The game loads but the loading screen doesn't disappear and I can hear the game audio

Wallach

Cutwolf said:
Where is the Skyrim folder on my PC? (Steam version). It's not in the "common" folder like all my other games and a search brings up nothing.

Mine is. It's just labeled "skyrim" though.

DanielJr82

10:40 PM right now on the East Coast. I'll be heading out in an hour or so, very excited! I wonder how many folks will show up, there were only 3 people on the Uncharted 3 midnight launch. =/ (Compared to MW3's 300+).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom