• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squall ASF said:
But I should be able to enchant my heavy armor to make up for this, correct? I will just have to wait longer until my enchantment is up to snuff? I can't imagine the enchantment on the robes are so amazing that heavy armor is completely pointless. I would think enchanted heavy armor is the best of all worlds, just takes longer to get there?

Actually, you can wear a robe with all armor pieces except the middle part, so wear all your armor pieces, put robe on top.

TpLnU.jpg

You will lose some armor value, but then for a Sin-Mage that is fine.

thefil

Has anyone found a buyback function? This one-click selling has led to me losing a lot of money buying back expensive stuff that accidentally got sold (especially with the shitty mouse targeting in menus).

I've been watching a lot of the hand-to-hand combat in the live streams and I think it looks pretty good actually. I'm new to the TES series so I guess I didn't know what to expect but I don't see what's wrong with it.

midnight releases have always been either awesome or really creepy, halo 2 and halo 3 were awesome, every zelda release ive been too has been weird, mw2 a few years ago would have been very annoying if i wasn't with 4 of my closest friends

Oh man the store by my house opens at 12 in the afternoon tomorrow and they probably won't have it until later in the day. I wish I was better at MW3 online so I could kill time on that.

ReaperXL7

DanielJr82 said:
10:40 PM right now on the East Coast. I'll be heading out in an hour or so, very excited! I wonder how many folks will show up, there were only 3 people on the Uncharted 3 midnight launch. =/ (Compared to MW3's 300+).

There might be some other contributing factors though, for instance there are about 5 gamestops, 2 wal-marts, and a couple of local game shops within a 10 mile radius of me all doing midnight releases for Skyrim. I suspect the line at my gamestop to be pretty small for skyrim, but I know of one where the line will probably be much larger.

Going to head out in about a half an hour though just incase, just hope the smell is not too bad when I go this time.

Zeliard

Just got out of the introduction ghetto and into the land of Skyrim. Dunno if I want to even go to the first town yet. Just wanna explore. :p

Seth C

GodfatherX said:
midnight releases have always been either awesome or really creepy, halo 2 and halo 3 were awesome, every zelda release ive been too has been weird, mw2 a few years ago would have been very annoying if i wasn't with 4 of my closest friends

Usually there are 9 socially awkward rejects to every 1 outgoing person, so the odds of being near enough normal people to have fun is slim.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
HawksWinStanley said:
I've been watching a lot of the hand-to-hand combat in the live streams and I think it looks pretty good actually. I'm new to the TES series so I guess I didn't know what to expect but I don't see what's wrong with it.
From the GB stream it is actually looking pretty enjoyable. Compared to Oblivion it actually seems like a more vast improvement than I expected.

Pollux

Seth C said:
Usually there are 9 socially awkward rejects to every 1 outgoing person, so the odds of being near enough normal people to have fun is slim.
with that in mind...anyone else going to gamestop in boston?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
ReaperXL07 said:
Yeah, bit strange that they do not react to you putting heavy metal pots on their heads though.

I dunno what people are expecting. This kind of tech is pretty far off in open world games like this. Maybe next gen.

For now, this kind of dickery is a large part of the fun in an ES game. I don't see how it's a criticism.

Apollo

Banned
OMG i'm pissed off right now. I have to go back 2hrs into the game because my bodyguard didn't follow me and now is lost. Was out of my sight for only a few mins and is gone. So much for following.

ReaperXL7

Seth C said:
Hey, she did ask why he was doing that.

lol true, but she just sat there and let him do it anyway. If someone tried to cover my head with a bucket I probably would not just sit around and let it stay there. It's funny, not gamebreaking for me. I love these kinds of funny little issues in these games.

It isn't creepy at all. Just quiet.

Except there was one guy who got his reciept stamped and as he walked out he was pretty psyched. He addressed every one in line and said "good to see some people with balls. No waiting in line for that call of duty shit." I dunno, it was kind of funny.

Apart from that its boring. If I wasn't with my boyfriend I wouldn't be talking to anyone. I was hoping to kill time taking about video games.

GhaleonEB

Shane86 said:
My first dungeon was the one from the e3 demo, it has a few changes to what they showed then.
Partly so I don't do a dungeon I've seen before as my first, I'm planning to take a nice long hike before I enter one. Like, 1/4 of the way across the map long hike.

Pollux

Ducky_McGee said:

Except there was one guy who got his reciept stamped and as he walked out he was pretty psyched. He addressed every one in line and said "good to see some people with balls. No waiting in line for that call of duty shit." I dunno, it was kind of funny.

Apart from that its boring. If I wasn't with my boyfriend I wouldn't be talking to anyone. I was hoping to kill time taking about video games.
You are talking about video games. on GAF. we're much better than anyone in line. Unless they have a GAF shirt on....then they're just awesome.

Einbroch

Banned
Apollo said:
OMG i'm pissed off right now. I have to go back 2hrs into the game because my bodyguard didn't follow me and now is lost. Was out of my sight for only a few mins and is gone. So much for following.
Can't you just zone somewhere and they teleport to you? All of my Companions did that for me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ducky_McGee said:

Just start a conversation!

Seth C

GhaleonEB said:
Partly so I don't do a dungeon I've seen before as my first, I'm planning to take a nice long hike before I enter one. Like, 1/4 of the way across the map long hike.

I haven't seen that dungeon since I watched Todd go through it at E3 anyway, so I think I'm good.

zmoney said:
You are talking about video games. on GAF. we're much better than anyone in line. Unless they have a GAF shirt on....then they're just awesome.

I'm wearing my Bethesda t-shirt from E3 this year. How much do you wish you were going to have me in line with you?

FStop7

Banned
Ducky_McGee said:

Scream "I am the dragon born!" and start swinging on the crowd.

shamanick

Seth C said:
Mister Heavenly is a band consisting of of Honus Honus of Man Man, Nicholas Thorburn of Islands and The Unicorns, and Joe Plummer of Modest Mouse and The Shins. Last year when they went on tour Michael Cera was their bassist. Cosmic Charlie's a music venue and bar in Lexington where they are playing.

Epic name drop *brofist*

bengraven

Um, is Anise important? Answer with spoilers.

I just found her cabin and
thought she looked creepy so I snuck into her basement and found her enchanting and alchemy table. I'm just going to assume she's bad, but I'm hoping she isn't a part of a quest because when I left the basement she freaked out and started attacking me with fire! "No one will know my secret!"

I had to put her down.

TimeKillr

Okay, so I have a quick question (sorry if it was asked before, but 81 pages will take me ages to read)...

How's the 3rd person camera? The OT mentions it's been improved, but does "improved" mean it's "still unplayable, but better than with Oblivion/FO3" or "actually you can play the entire game in 3rd person and it actually works very well"?

I ask because my #1 gripe with these games is the freaking 1st person view. I've tried to get used to it, but it simply doesn't work at *all* for me, especially with the melee combat. It just completely doesn't mesh with me. New Vegas was the only Gamebryo-based game I actually enjoyed for some strange reason. No idea why - my feeling is New Vegas was actually verrrrry well crafted (plus I played on PC, which makes 1st person a tiny bit better).

Anyway! Does anybody have any actual impressions of 3rd person mode? Is it possible this time to play the entire game in 3rd person without any sort of real repercussions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom