• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvaz

Banned
Zeliard said:
In the inventory? You hold mouse1 on the item and drag your mouse. :p
I tried that, it didn't work.

nickbreckon said:
You just hold click and drag to rotate items.
I can try it again, but it didn't work at all.

You're looking at all these posts right? There's some valid complaints in here I hope beth is looking at.

Arment

Blackface said:
So explain what type of characters you have and how they are working. I still have no idea what I should play, and I played for 9 hours already.

I rolled a Dark Elf to play a assassin/mage type character. So far I've been rolling with a sword and magic spell combo. I also use a bow to initiate or get distance sneak kills.

I have a hard time sometimes, especially since you can't block* while wielding a spell and sword. I've been mixing it up when it comes to leveling health magicka and endurance.

My perks have been going into light armor, one handed weapons, sneak, and destruction.

I crafted some leather armor and tempered it. Once I did that I was a lot more durable.

TheExodu5

Banned
Arment said:
I rolled a Dark Elf to play a assassin/mage type character. So far I've been rolling with a sword and magic spell combo. I also use a bow to initiate or get distance sneak kills.

I have a hard time sometimes, especially since you can't black while wielding a spell and sword. I've been mixing it up when it comes to leveling health magicka and endurance.

My perks have been going into light armor, one handed weapons, sneak, and destruction.

I crafted some leather armor and tempered it. Once I did that I was a lot more durable.

Looks like we're doing the exact same thing. :eek:

Farooq

Banned
Arment said:

I have a hard time sometimes, especially since you can't black while wielding a spell and sword. I've been mixing it up when it comes to leveling health magicka and endurance.

Will you be rolling with light or heavy armor?

I'd be kind of interested in impressions from people who've never played an Elder Scrolls game or didn't enjoy Oblivion that much. I hope to pick this up post-holiday when things have died down a bit and I can actually devote time to it. The thing is I'm a fantasy nerd, the hype for this game is infectious, the trailers nearly give me a boner and I actually can play on a PC now and enjoy the likely amazing mod enhancements that will come later (please say there will be a no weight mod).

The only thing holding me back is that I never could really get into either Oblivion or Fallout 3 and I don't know why. I mean I love RPG's, but it's something about that realization of that Bethesda style of game where the world is so damn huge, there's so much shit to do and the actual story arc is like 1/100 of the game that tends to just make me feel kind of intimidated or feel I'm not accomplishing much. I'm like the opposite of the people who don't touch the main quest for 70 hours or so.
I need something to make me feel invested in the game's fiction to make me feel grounded or what I'm doing has purpose.
I really, really want to actually try this time, though, instead of just getting sidetracked by other games after only putting about 20 hours in. I'd really like to know if the main quest or side quests are compelling or not, because I really need a hook if I'm going to be sold on this game world. I will say my younger self that had no money and tons of free time would go ape shit over this.

Yikes its late! They had a dragon drawing contest at GS to give away 4 little dragon statues. I can't draw for shit so I did what I thought everyone would do, I drew Trogdor...and I got 4th place! It was great to see so many people there (around 300) Just getting started right now!

Arjen

My experience with the game was like having sex with your girlfriend who's been away for five years for a space mission. A little akward in movement for the first 10 minutes, but after you get into it, so freaking good.
Made a Dark Elf who looks like Machette, but wields a bow and Magic. Many hours will be lost

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I might have a few issues with this game, but oh man it's amazing so far. There is so much shit to do, it's gonna be hard to shut down and go to bed tonight.

cackhyena

TheExodu5 said:
Looks like we're doing the exact same thing. :eek:
Pretty much what I'll be doing up as well. If I go Bosmer, though, should I even bother with magic? They have stealth bonuses, right? Just wondering if magic in one hand or shield is the better option. After seeing what Arthur Geis tweeted about bows, I have to go for that as well.

Simo

Welp...calling it a night.

Went to the Gamestop midnight launch and there was say, a minimum of 50 people there waiting in the store so it wasn't too long a wait considering I got there at 11:45. My buddy on the other hand went to the GS store closer to him in Monroe, MI and texted me that there was over 300 people waiting there with the line around the building and tents and shelters set up....

CE was well worth it just for the art book alone which I quickly flipped through and is sublime.

Without having to go back pages but what did the patch fix then?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Arjen said:
My experience with the game was like having sex with your girlfriend who's been away for five years for a space mission. A little akward in movement for the first 10 minutes, but after you get into it, so freaking good.
Made a Dark Elf who looks like Machette, but wields a bow and Magic. Many hours will be lost
Love the space mission detail.

Soo..... I just loaded back up without changing any settings, and it's totally playable and stable framerate in the same spot. Obviously there's a framerate hit due to the vast open world, but this is exactly what I expected, not the literally <5fps I got before. What gives?

I guess closing and reopening will be my first step anytime I run into these framerate hitches.

Oh well, whatever. So beautiful. Now to finish this dumbass project and then get to the good stuff.

Is there any way to level up sneak besides crouching a lot? Some of the perks are SO AWESOME, I must have them. Assassin Blade, holy crap, that is so me.

Complistic

Put in 3 hours. Holy damn. Going to sleep. I miss my hotkeys but other than that the UI isn't that bad. Using Q to select everything quickly is kinda nice. Still don't know why they couldn't put hotkeys in.

Lakitu

st5fu
Now it's going to be a boring morning while I wait for the postman comes at 1pm.

I had a nightmare last night. The postman came and the package wasn't among the post. I would be devastated.

Arment

Complistic said:
Put in 3 hours. Holy damn. Going to sleep. I miss my hotkeys but other than that the UI isn't that bad. Using Q to select everything quickly is kinda nice. Still don't know why they couldn't put hotkeys in.

Go to your favorites menu and press 1 2 3 etc on a favorite spell or weapon.

Zeliard

Arment said:
You can also pay a carriage 20-50g to travel to places you haven't.

Sounds like something I will not be doing. :p They're basically like Siltstriders I guess but I'd rather wander around.

Arment

Zeliard said:
Sounds like something I will not be doing. :p They're basically like Siltstriders I guess but I'd rather wander around.

Yeah I used it a few times to get onto some side quests I was looking forward to. Still have to travel to all the dungeons though, so the wandering gets done.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So does this game have the same cheesy auto-leveling enemies? It was super lame in Oblivion when you got to a certain point and random shitty bandits in a shallow roadside cave had totally sweet gear. It'd be dumb if this game also needs a total overhaul mod just to make it consistent.

still awake. cant stop. the snowy/blizzard effects are making me feel really cold. they did an amazing job with them. some of the best ive seen, if not the best.

Just played 15 minutes. Graphics are impressive. Love the new UI. But I am calling Steam and/or Bethesda and/or Green Man Gaming tomorrow, since I'd like to play it in fullscreen, and I'd like to play it from Steam, and I'd like to set up my options.

Hawk269

Just got back from Best Buy and of course they fucked up and did not have my Limited Edition Copy for the PC. This was also after getting assurances from them a few days ago when they told me if it is "reserved" it is guaranteed to be in the store at mid-night.

Well it kind of pissed me off but I was also debating if I should spend that much money, so after showing my frustration about the situation they said they would sell me the regular edition so I could play it now and then call me and they would refund the regular edition so I can get my collectors edition. I even asked if that was accurate and they said they would take care of it.

So basically, since it is a "activatable" game, I will end up with an extra copy of Skyrim for the PC. So, it will make a good gift for someone I guess. Again, that is if I decide I want to fork over another $90 bucks though!

zlatko

Banned
My motion sickness has finally passed away since I last posted. Now if I should risk playing again with FOV 80 and sit further away even though I'm already half way on the other side of this room. :(

Wallach

Fuck yeah, man. So much god damn better than what you could make in any other TES game.

XxbZB.jpg

leng jai

Anyone playing in third person? In every other Bethesda game its been a complete jankfest but I'm enjoying it a lot more in Skyrim.

Is it just me or does simply walking in third person view look ultimate bad ass in this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom